Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 09:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334682 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  911 Dispatcher's Mistake Leads to Mother's Death
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 911 Dispatcher's Mistake Leads to Mother's Death  (Read 4983 times)
Phoenix's Rage

« on: April 09, 2006, 01:08:49 PM »

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/9101/911_emergency_operator_thought_call_was_prank

I'm disgusted. All 911 calls in my mind should be taken seriously, regardless of who's calling.
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 01:59:45 PM »

Yeah i agree that's just really wrong. and the fact this 6 year old called three times for help and still no answer.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 02:00:55 PM »

She should be fire.....I say we all send letters to them telling them to can her ass.
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 02:17:03 PM »

I don't know what the rules are in Detroit, but where I live 911 operators are obligated to take every call seriously.  It's better to cite prank callers than to gamble on whether the call is legit.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 02:49:24 PM »

I hope they get a nice fat wrongful death lawsuit.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 05:37:25 PM »

She should be fired.  This is a case of one strike you're out.  Every 911 call should be taken seriously.  Better the police and all show up for a false alarm than not show up when it's the real McCoy.  

What a fucking cold-hearted bitch who wouldn't even take the pleas of help from a child seriously.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 06:57:01 PM »

Agreed with Neal. Also: If it's a false alarm, then having some police drill into their heads to not do this will have a much stronger effect then being hung up on by some stupid whore.

Edit: I worked off knowledge from what I heard on TV, but didn't look at the article. She's /not getting fired/? That pisses me the fuck off, she is responsible for someone DYING because of her incompetence. God fucking dammit, I'm thinking I'm going to be better off keeping phone numbers to the police and hospital around if that's how these stupid shitbags work.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 07:05:47 PM »

Here's an appropo song for this thread and I'm sure it sums up most of our feelings.  It's called "911 is a Joke" by Public Enemy off their album "Fear of a Black Planet."  

Public Enemy's fucking awesome.  Chuck D= the preacher!

911 is a Joke

Hit me
Going, going, gone
Now I dialed 911 a long time ago
Don't you see how late they're reactin'
They only come and they come when they wanna
So get the morgue embalm the goner
They don't care 'cause they stay paid anyway
They teach ya like an ace they can't be betrayed
I know you stumble with no use people
If your life is on the line they you're dead today
Late comings with the late comin' stretcher
That's a body bag in disguise y'all betcha
I call 'em body snatchers quick they come to fetch ya?
With an autopsy ambulance just to dissect ya
They are the kings 'cause they swing amputation
Lose your arms, your legs to them it's compilation
I can prove it to you watch the rotation
It all adds up to a funky situation
So get up get, get get down
911 is a joke in yo town
Get up, get, get, get down
Late 911 wears the late crown

911 is a joke

Everyday they don't never come correct
You can ask my man right here with the broken neck
He's a witness to the job never bein' done
He would've been in full in 8 9-11
Was a joke 'cause they always jokin'
They the token to your life when it's croakin'
They need to be in a pawn shop on a
911 is a joke we don't want 'em
I call a cab 'cause a cab will come quicker
The doctors huddle up and call a flea flicker
The reason that I say that 'cause they
Flick you off like fleas
They be laughin' at ya while you're crawlin' on your knees
And to the strength so go the length
Thinkin' you are first when you really are tenth
You better wake up and smell the real flavor
Cause 911 is a fake life saver

So get up, get, get get down
911 is a joke in yo town
Get up, get, get, get down
Late 911 wears the late crown

Ow, ow 911 is a joke

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 09:05:13 PM »

This goes against everything they fucking teach in schools. If there is an emergency it doesn't matter who is calling, or how old they are, you check out the situation. Where's the adult? Well she's lying on the floor next to me you dumb hoe.

Not only should this woman be fired for her COMPLETE INCOMPETENCE, she should also be publicly flogged.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 11:08:32 PM »

I saw this on TV on my international channel.

This is fucking disgusting. You have a young boy CRYING for help and the operator was all "I don't care, let me talk to your mom or you'll get in trouble." HIS MOM WAS FUCKING DYING HOW DO YOU TALK TO HER YOU STUPID BITCH.

Being fired would be too light a punishment for this whore.

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 11:25:03 PM »

Edit: I worked off knowledge from what I heard on TV, but didn't look at the article. She's /not getting fired/? That pisses me the fuck off, she is responsible for someone DYING because of her incompetence. God fucking dammit, I'm thinking I'm going to be better off keeping phone numbers to the police and hospital around if that's how these stupid shitbags work.

WHAT?! She's not getting fired?! If this isn't negligence, I don't know what the hell is!

That woman should not only be fired, but sued until she's broke. This is insanity.

EDIT: According to the article, here's why she's not being fired:

Officials said the 911 operator will be disciplined, but because of her years of service she will not be fired.

FUCK THAT. Someone just DIED because she's a cold-hearted ho. Years of service don't make up for the fact she had the ability to send out someone to help, prank or not, and she negelected to do WHAT SHE WAS HIRED TO DO.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 12:21:48 AM »

That is so terrible. Watching the video, the little boy sounded so mature for his age. Like I couldn't really see any signs of sadness, while being interviewed.

I agree with all that was said on this thread. That woman deserves to be fired and more. There is no excuse for ignoring a plea for help /BY ANYONE/, a child or adult. I couldn't even imagine that that would be a regulation, that is, if you get a call from a child, to question it's authenticity. She should be dealt with as any other job. You break the rules, you pay the price. Ugh, this unnerves me.

God fucking dammit, I'm thinking I'm going to be better off keeping phone numbers to the police and hospital around if that's how these stupid shitbags work.

Quoted for truth.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 04:00:51 AM »

I'd just like to point out that for all anybody knows, when she "passed out" it could have been due to an aneurism and she would have been dead before this kid called 911. So I fail to see how she is "responsible" for someone's death. She is however, stupid as fuck for not taking it seriously.

And I'm not upset she isn't getting fired. I'm upset she isn't going to prison over it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 04:12:54 AM »

Quote from: "Dios GX"
I'd just like to point out that for all anybody knows, when she "passed out" it could have been due to an aneurism and she would have been dead before this kid called 911. So I fail to see how she is "responsible" for someone's death. She is however, stupid as fuck for not taking it seriously.

That's how I interpreted it when I heard about it, that she had already died, so I've been more pissed at the throwing away the possibility to save her, as well as the whole 'Haha you're a kid you must be pulling a prank' bullshit.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 12:15:25 PM »

Quote from: "Dios GX"

Actually, I think I heard on the news that she had an enlarged heart, so more than likely it was a heart problem. Yeah, she could have been dead before help arrived, but to me that doesn't matter. She's still responsible for having a hand in her death (the dispatcher, I mean).

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: