Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 11:57:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327192 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Tell me something...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Tell me something...  (Read 26489 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2008, 11:47:39 AM »

I realized today that we haven't had a getting to know you thread in awhile. So, post something that you want us to know. It could be a secret, a fear, a story, or just something interesting that you think we should know. It could be a sentence or a 20 minute read.

I don't want to see any flaming either. This should be a fun situation, not a place for a douche tool to get his jollies.

So, me first.

I work for Staples doing outside sales.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:08:29 PM »

I'm graduating this year with a BA in Technical Illustration. I'm a pretty big geek and head up the Ontario Anime Society, whose name is pretty self-explanatory.
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 01:14:31 PM »

I'm sales manager for a university press and handle sales to the national accounts (B&N, Amazon, etc.) and I never ever read our books.

JP
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »

I'm in my last semester of university, and I'm absolutely shitting myself about leaving. I hate the idea of what my life will be like after uni.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 02:21:54 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
I'm in my last semester of university, and I'm absolutely shitting myself about leaving. I hate the idea of what my life will be like after uni.

Same here.  

Two things have been going through my mind:

1.) Wow.  with a decent income, I'll actually be able to buy shit and not have to worry about still having enough to pay for my expenses.

2.) Wow.  with a decent income, I'll actually be able to buy shit and not have to worry about still having enough to pay for my expenses but I'm going to work be working so damn much I won't have time other than weekends to enjoy it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 02:45:34 PM »

I am currently a teacher in a Catholic school, soon to be going to public in order to actually make money. And I'm awesome.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 02:50:10 PM »

Perhaps you missed the "What do you do off line" thread? I think that pretty much covered it.
Then again, this thread could go a completely different way, so I'll participate.
I have a secret identity. It tends to manifest itself in the middle of the night, when most folks are sleeping. I fight the evil that falls from the sky. It is a largely thankless task, but somebody has to do it.
They call me Mr. Plow!

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 03:39:52 PM »

@_@ How many years do you have to attend? I could've sworn we both started college the same year, and I'm still on my Junior (third) year.

As for me, uh, I'm going to Japan, and I'm pretty nervous about it. That's about it though.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 03:52:55 PM »

My username is a random figment of my imagination.  

I've gone by many nicknames in my life:
Nico, Nealy Boy, Mr. Neal, Old Jebediah, Rex (Rocker), Spongebob, Squidward, Neal is Real!, Dust Rag (this is my favorite one since there's a cute rock & roll story behind it.)

I approve of this nonsense!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 03:59:41 PM »

I am a man who owns these skates now.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"
Perhaps you missed the "What do you do off line" thread? I think that pretty much covered it.
Then again, this thread could go a completely different way, so I'll participate.
I have a secret identity. It tends to manifest itself in the middle of the night, when most folks are sleeping. I fight the evil that falls from the sky. It is a largely thankless task, but somebody has to do it.
They call me Mr. Plow!

Yeah, this is a different thread than that one because it isn't just about hobbies and a job, that is what you do, it is also about who you are...such as...

I have recently been going to a psychologist to deal with my anger. I think I am doing a lot better now. As my signature can attest.

Also, I used to be afraid of heights, then I fell off of a large slide on a playground and realized that it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »

Well I'm not nearly so enamoured with Mr.Bateman ;)

Uhm, you all know me in one way or another, well most of you will

Lord Dycedarg
???
lucid something..?
Takezo

I love finding newer, less noticed, ethnic places to eat. Pho Bars, Taquerias, you name it. I love food, I love exercising and martial arts, signed up for a pankration seminar recently, yadda yadda, I guess I've 'changed my life around' over the last year or so, generic as it all sounds. Peeeeaceee'n'loveeee.

edit: somehow feels sort of inadequate. Just think of me as a long lost cousin of the fan.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 05:33:26 PM »

Quote from: "Marshmallow"

@_@ How many years do you have to attend? I could've sworn we both started college the same year, and I'm still on my Junior (third) year.

Yea, I started college before Deg did, but, due to some financial shortages I had for about a year and a half, I'm still there.

I will be finished with my undergrad work this fall though! I'm an English Lit. major and after I finish my bachelor's degree then I'm going to grad school...I just don't know where yet...

I'm also going to London on April 27th through my school's study abroad program, and I'll be there for six weeks. I'm stoked. But I've been working two jobs to fund it and I'm tired a lot.

The two jobs are pretty stupid. I work at Target for about three and a half hours five mornings a week stocking shelves, and then I work in the lumber department at Home Depot on the weekends. Both are pretty unobtrusive on my school work since I do it this way, and I usually pull thirty to forty hours a week at the two combined. If I were to do it one job or another it would totally interfere with school and I can't have that.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 05:42:24 PM »

Quote from: "Takezo"
Lord Dycedarg

Holy shit, I had no idea you were Dycedarg.  I'd say welcome back, but I guess you never really went anywhere.  :P

Anyway, I have recently contemplated starting an online photo journal to keep track of the daily releasing of my bowels as I am incredibly enamored with defecation in almost all ways.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Quote from: "Takezo"
Lord Dycedarg

Holy shit, I had no idea you were Dycedarg.  I'd say welcome back, but I guess you never really went anywhere.  :P

Anyway, I have recently contemplated starting an online photo journal to keep track of the daily releasing of my bowels as I am incredibly enamored with defecation in almost all ways.

I pooped and it looked like a seahorse. True story.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: