Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 02:25:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334700 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Tell me something...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Tell me something...  (Read 26730 times)
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 06:08:30 PM »

Yeah I'm like 90% sure my name was Sol at one point. I cannot remember for the life of me, but I guess if you know the first bit it all comes out the same. Since we're there, this cereal called fibre twigs will make you shit weetabix bricks.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 12:55:09 AM »

Quote from: "Takezo"
Yeah I'm like 90% sure my name was Sol at one point. I cannot remember for the life of me, but I guess if you know the first bit it all comes out the same. Since we're there, this cereal called fibre twigs will make you shit weetabix bricks.

Yeah, you were Sol.

. . . I don't know why I know that, but I do.

Also I thought of another thing: I detest the American public education system and feel that it fucked me over in an early emotionally developmental way. Therefore my hypothetical future children aren't going to public school.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 03:12:23 AM »

My wife just birthed our second boy, Micah. So I got a ridiculous family life now.

And i still work as a residence director at a school. Ridiculous, easy, low-paying job that lets me find time for family and RPGFan. :)

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 03:38:26 AM »

My face scares little kids.

:(

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 04:49:12 AM »

I have Asperger Syndrome. No, not the kind of "Hey, look at me, I'm special! " kind of Asperger syndrome people use as an excuse to be assholes on the internet. I have an actual diagnosis and all that.

Social situations can be very awkward and unpleasant for me. It is difficult for me to engage in a conversation with more than one person at a time. Body language is something I do not understand, unless I pay special attention to it.

I'm not very good at recognising emotions either. It does not mean I'm insensitive, the way people show emotions to me is just confusing. The worst mistake I've ever made was mistaking crying for laughter. I couldn't place the sound the girl made. Had I looked at the big picture, I would have known she was crying, because her friend has just fainted and she had told that reminded her of something that had happened to her grandmother. But I'm not very good at grasping the bigger picture, I see details and connections between the details. And when I'm stressed, it becomes hard to even see the connections.

Because I focus on the details and not the big picture, some sorts of school assignments are rather difficult for me. Large assignments are problematic, because they require a lot of planning and you're allowed to focus on details, since that would ruin the assignment as a whole.

Noise is also a problem for me. Usually people have a filter that helps them block irrelevant sounds so they can concentrate on, for instance, a conversation. I don't have that filter, atleast not a filter that is really helpful. It is almost everything or nothing for me. When following a conversation I also hear the bird chirping outside, the music the neighbours are listening too, my sister throwing a candy wrapper into the trashbin etc. It is that or being obvlious to the sounds around me, which is actually rather dangerous when you're supposed to pay attention to the other people on the road... It is one of the reason why I don't want to drive a car.

Though I don't think I'm special, the attention I get does make me feel special sometimes. For instance, 17,000 students attend the same university as me, yet the university magazine wants to interview me and a few others, just because we attend university. Oh, and have an Autism Spectrum Disorder.

In the Netherlands ASDs are considered a handicap. I don't feel disabled or handicapped or whatever is the political correct word these days. It is true that there are many jobs I can't do and it seems unlikely I will ever be able to have a fulltime job, but... No, I feel like a normal person with some problems and my problems just happen to get in the way of things that are considered normal...
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2008, 11:29:21 AM »

Quote from: Marshmallow
Quote from: "Degolas"
I'm in my last semester of university, and I'm absolutely shitting myself about leaving. I hate the idea of what my life will be like after uni.

@_@ How many years do you have to attend? I could've sworn we both started college the same year, and I'm still on my Junior (third) year.
quote]

Most BA degrees here are 3 year courses, with some exceptions. How long are they in the US?

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »

Four years is the most common. Some go longer depending on the school and the degree, but I'm in a 4 year program.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 01:55:32 PM »

Quote from: Degolas
Quote from: "Marshmallow"
I'm in my last semester of university, and I'm absolutely shitting myself about leaving. I hate the idea of what my life will be like after uni.

@_@ How many years do you have to attend? I could've sworn we both started college the same year, and I'm still on my Junior (third) year.
quote]

Most BA degrees here are 3 year courses, with some exceptions. How long are they in the US?

That's pretty lucky.  I'm guessing you don't have to "broaden your knowledge" with as many asinine courses that you'll never remember once the semester is over as we do.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »

Quote from: Degolas
Quote from: "Marshmallow"

quote]

LEARN TO QUOTE, MOTHERFUCKER.

itt grammar police

Here's something else not a lot of people know, Deg was alone and afraid in my house one night.

True story.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 05:08:46 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
My face scares little kids.

:(

Scares us too, Ashy, but I still love you.

Eh....I'm an asshole (as many of you have noticed over the years), much like Darkypoo and Daggs...probably why we all get along so well.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
My avatar is from this piece of artwork by Ron Scire.  http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/nealch/RonScire-guitar02.jpg

My username is a random figment of my imagination.

That painting is radical. My user name is taken from the default top high score on the Robotron arcade game which is drivered from Williams Electronics, the manufacturer of the game.

My avatar is from the cover of a Blood Sword game book.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 09:32:15 PM »

Willy, you can check out more of Ronzo's work here: http://www.ronscire.com/artwork-Ronzo.php

I met Ron very briefly in 2004.  The drummer in a band I was playing with at the time knew him.  Nice guy.  I also like the pictures he did of bassist PJ and guitarist Steve of 40 Foot Ringo.  I would love an action shot of me playing bass turned into a cool piece of artwork like that.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 03:26:18 PM »

Quote from: "Tomara"
I have Asperger Syndrome. No, not the kind of "Hey, look at me, I'm special! " kind of Asperger syndrome people use as an excuse to be assholes on the internet. I have an actual diagnosis and all that.

Same here, although I haven't gone through a whole diagnosis procedure, I spent a few sessions with a psychologist who specialized in ASD, and she was pretty convinced that I had it. I also grew up with all the stereotypical symptoms: strange walk when I was little, have trouble making eye contact, etc. My case is very mild, however, to the extent that I didn't even consider it until I was 21. I was diagnosed with very severe ADD with hyperactivity back in the 80s (before it became the new "big thing").

Now, for me, and maybe because my case seems to be a bit more high functioning, I don't have so much trouble understanding emotions as being able to determine how to react to them. I'm actually fairly good at reading people (maybe because I've had to work so hard at it), but coming up with the correct response has always been a challenge.

By the way, the problem with noises that you described about is also very much connected with ADD. "Hyper-sensitivity" they tend to call it these days. It's fairly common in any syndrom which results in under-performing beta-wave levels. I have a friend with FASD who has pretty bad hyper-sensitivity, for instance.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 03:13:48 AM »

I suppose I already kind of mentioned it in the other thread but I honestly can't think of anything about myself that is really interesting so I'll just say that I like to draw. I've moved away from copying DBZ and other peoples artwork in general which is what I used to do as a kid. Now I'm trying to learn to draw properly by creating my own style and trying to learn from real life.

Even though I like to draw though I don't draw very often. Because of that my progress is rather slow, although I have to say that I have improved greatly since I decided I wanted to become more serious about me art when  I was fifteen (5 years ago).

Part of the reason I don't draw often is because I kind of have a fear of the paper. Not because I don't know what to draw necessarily but because there are still lots of things that I am not good at drawing, which often times mean I make a crappy drawing or two, get frustrated and then quit.

Not sure what else to say unless someone has a question.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 10:18:26 AM »

I'm actually gay, and I always wonder if video game forums are as homophobic as they seem to be. Seeing faggot this and faggot that, I get that impression sometimes. But most of the time, the only gay stuff that ever pops up is gay humor and not gay hate, which is fine by me. I could care less either way if people are gay or not, are homophobic or not, etc.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: