Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:46:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332825 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 71546 times)
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2006, 12:51:28 AM »

Well, you all know what to do here, right?  Post your progress in games you're playing.  

As for me, I played the first 3 chapters in Exodus Guilty vol. 1.  So far the game's really good.  The story is killer.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 08:09:24 AM »

MGS3 - I picked up an Action Replay MAX (PAL equivalent of a Gameshark) very cheaply, and decided to play around using stealth camoflage. Needless to say I'm having a blast. Man I love MGS3. Just beat The Fear.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 08:54:08 AM »

Suikoden V
I'm right at the end of the game (or at least I think I am), and currently engaged in the most difficult fight I've yet to come across in this game - and it's a goddamned random encounter. Or at least I think it is.

Code:
I'm at the third Sindar Ruins, where you have to split up into three teams and explore. Lyon's team got ambushed by a monster called Girtablulu, and it's hard as hell. It doesn't help that Lyon's team is seriously underpowered. Damn I hate it when games force you to split up your characters like this, because I will always focus on a very small group of characters, and the rest will fall behind in levels and equipment.

I'm now on my fourth try of the fight. Thankfully Sui V has that continue system, because I would have been really pissed off if I had been forced to play through the lengthy sequence leading up to this fight again.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 11:35:06 AM »

I had the flu for several days and didn't feel well enough to game.  I did manage to beat Grandia III when I felt better.  I started to hate that game towards the end.  I'm definetly selling that one back.  

I also played some Oblivion and I'm getting tired of it.  I think I went up to high a level and now I'm getting my ass kicked.  I should have stayed like level 9 and beat the game.  

I started Shadow Hearts:  From the New World  -  I'm in Chicago right now.  It's alright so far.  It hasn't blown me away or anything.  I just rolll my eyes at the fan service that is Shania.  I set the option to short for her transformations since I really don't want to see all that stuff.  I did notice the game is more difficult than the last one.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 11:47:30 AM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
I also played some Oblivion and I'm getting tired of it.  I think I went up to high a level and now I'm getting my ass kicked.  I should have stayed like level 9 and beat the game.

That's excatly what happened to me as well. I got my char up to level 22, decided to start on the main quest, and then got bored to hell when I found I had to spend 5 minutes killing each monster due to the horrible level scaling in Oblivion. This really is the game biggest flaw. Leveling up should make you feel stronger, not weaker.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 11:47:50 AM »

I am now in the Dark Ruins in DQVIII. Monsters seem tough, so I may level up a tad.

Nan is well into KHII. She played through the Steamboat Willy level yesterday.
She still hates the Gummi levels, although I think they look kinda fun.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 02:11:18 PM »

Suikoden V
Beat it. Had to go back to my HQ to kit out some of my more neglected party members, and after that the last set of battles proved to be quite easy. I only collected like 70 of the Stars of Destiny, so I didn't get the best ending. I will have to go back and play through the game again to catch them all. A big part of my fun with this game came from getting to know all the different characters, so I don't mind.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 03:53:59 PM »

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody -
Only on my 9th day or so. I chose to live at the River side beach. I'm loving this installment of the series so far. <3

Metroid Prime Hunters -
Not really doing much in this game as far as single player is concerned. I've only been playing Multiplayer with my buddies.

Drakengard 2 -
Beat the game, and got the first ending. Gonna go through it again for the second ending.

Megaman Maverick Hunter X -
I gave in and bought a PSP, mainly due to the fact that my mp3 player broke, and the PSP's price dropped, so I figured "Oh what the hell". :P

Anyway, I picked this up at the sametime. It's a pretty good remake. I finished it on Normal Mode already, and am about to go through it a second time on Hard Mode. I'll go through Vile mode once I finish it.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 06:22:24 PM »

HUGE Suikoden V fest this morning....and afternoon.

I'm off to the Beavers now.....Oh and Kyle is just fun as hell to play with.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 06:29:07 PM »

I took a break from Suikoden V to play Resident Evil 4. I haven't given this one the attention that it deserves lately.

Code:
I got to the part in the castle place where Ashley gets captured by that revolving door thingy.

This game is beyond awesome, because it is so freaking challenging. There is no better feeling than having your heart pounding at every corner you turn. I love it :P
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 09:36:47 PM »

Suikoden V:

Code:
I'm at the major battle after you have to get Rahal and Roog. I'm going to defend Lordlake. Also, I will only be able to beat this playthrough with 102 SoD thanks to fucking Oboro. Who the hell makes him connected to FIVE FUCKING SOD?! I mean, really! Bah!

Kingdom Hearts II:

Code:
TOok a small break to play more Suikoden V. Currently in Land of Dragons for the second time fighting the cloaked person with Riku's keyblade.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 10:39:59 PM »

Holy fuck, Suikoden V is fantastic.  I don't think I've said that in this thread yet, so there it is. :P

Code:
I just finished completing the Big Hole and recruited Eresh.  Next on the agenda is a little levelling session before the next army battle.

And...I just traded a unit of gold and silver to the trader for 900,000 potch.  I swear, that had to be a bug. :P

Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 11:06:36 PM »

Beat Shadow Hearts: FTNW after 5 tries on that final boss.

Code:
I'm assuming I got the bad ending. Besides the fact that it kinda sucked; Ricardo left the party still unfulfilled, Johnny was still stuck with lame jobs at his detective agency and most likely lost contact with Shania, and she seemed to be going insane due to the kiss of malice. What a drag. I really don't feel like getting all of Shania's fetishes and rebeating the final boss, so I'll just out from somewhere what happens.

I then felt like replaying SH:C. Though it feels like a major downgrade without the stock gague and any real difficulty, I'm enjoying immensley again. I'm almost to the second disc now.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 11:10:25 PM »

Oblivion is pissing me off right now.

Code:
I'm trying to get the armor or whatever of Tiber Septim and these fucking ghosts and wraiths are kicking my ass at my high level. It doesn't help that recharging magic weapons is expensive and I have barely any magic weapons to kill with them. A silver sword doesn't count since it does crap damage anyways.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 11:34:18 PM »

@Merkava - When "The End" showed up after the credits and whatnot were said and done, was the text red? If so, then you got the bad ending, blue meaning the good ending.

More Resident Evil 4 for me. I didn't really get too far, but at least I didn't die all that much, except from those freaking invisible douches in the castle sewers. I finally decided that the best strategy for them was to just go gung-ho.

I liked fighting the red guy with the gatling gun :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: