Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 12:53:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335314 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 71935 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: July 17, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

I downloaded the new Ben Jordan mystery adventure game set in Japan.  It's pretty good so far (I'm in day 3).  I like the old retro Sierra like style.   The series keeps getting better with each installment.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Halberdier

jimdemon69@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2006, 12:29:31 PM »

Quote from: "Tomara"
Quote from: "Halberdier"
Ohh, and if any Fire emblem fans want to read all the support conversations for Path of Radiance but can't be bothered to play through the games lots of times to get them, then you can read my faq I made.

http://rapidsharing.com/download.php?id=EDB8BBF7

Just goes to show my devotion to this game.

Hey, thanks, I was looking for something like that, the one at GameFaqs is very incomplete.

BTW I noticed the picture in your sig. Do you think Nephenee looks like Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile? Every other person I show Path of Radiance too seems to think so and I think I agree with them.

Unfortunately, I never played Valkyrie Profile as it was never released in the UK. :(

Get your plate 'cause you've just been served.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: July 18, 2006, 03:17:12 AM »

I beat Dark Cloud today and popped in Xenogears for about four hours. I'm not really sure what to think yet. I mean, it's pretty good so far, and yet there are a lot of tiny annoyances that I can tell are going to bother me down the road, like the slow (very slow) text speed, and the whole 'hold a button to run fast' crap.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: July 18, 2006, 10:16:25 AM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
I beat Dark Cloud today and popped in Xenosaga for about four hours. I'm not really sure what to think yet. I mean, it's pretty good so far, and yet there are a lot of tiny annoyances that I can tell are going to bother me down the road, like the slow (very slow) text speed, and the whole 'hold a button to run fast' crap.

Do you mean Xenosaga or Xenogears?
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: July 18, 2006, 02:50:57 PM »

I fought the same type of enemy for about a hour in Xenosaga and used the points I got to up my tech attacks. I had a chance of winning against the Gigas now. I had chaos concentrate on the Gigas weak to spirit attacks and KOS-MOS against the other Gigas.
Halberdier

jimdemon69@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: July 18, 2006, 04:58:34 PM »

I spent all morning searching high streets in 2 cities today, trying to find a copy, new/pre-owned, of Disgaea. I've heard good things about it. So after arriving home disapointed with my failed search, I ordered a copy off ebay. Kind of a wasted morning really, so I spent the rest of the day in the garden, cooking in the intense heat and lapping up the sunshine. And now I got sunburn on my shoulder. The one bit I didn't cake with sun lotion.

On my search, I found a copy of Suikoden IV. I thought about it then realised I shouldn't really be spending any money at the moment :(

Get your plate 'cause you've just been served.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: July 18, 2006, 06:12:37 PM »

I'm taking a little break from RPG's the last few days and playing a bit of Tomb Raider Legend and the demo of Capcom's "Lost Planet" on the 360.  That game should be a good one judging from the 2 levels on the demo. It sure looks pretty at the very least.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: July 18, 2006, 07:13:50 PM »

Quote from: "Azrael"
Do you mean Xenosaga or Xenogears?

Sorry about that. I meant 'gears' :P

Edited.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: July 19, 2006, 11:26:16 AM »

Suikoden V - Just finished up the whole sacred games/stormfist scenario.
I like a lot of the characters, and am intrigued as to where the story is going to go.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: July 20, 2006, 03:20:10 AM »

I'm just under ten hours in Xenogears, and have been running around Belkhyde (spelling? :P). I spent way too long in that stupid Stalagmite Cave because of the boss at the end of it, and ended up spending a good two hours of level grinding just to beat it.

Fun stuff though. I don't know if it's my bias towards old RPGs or what, but there's just something really awesome about this game.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: July 20, 2006, 07:24:33 AM »

I've been helping my brother with Fire Emblem. After three days of nagging, he finally decided to give the game a chance. He is playing on easy and I'm his tactician. He needs me. I even completed some maps for him, because his characters kept dying.

Frankly, his lack of talent isn't suprising, I usually fight all the tactical battles in the Suikoden games for him. Even if I'm not holding the controller, he wants me to direct every move.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: July 20, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

Tales of Symphonia- playing this again, its so great, the battle system is wicked fun and there is just so much to keep you occupied in this game.  However, the game may be great, but the music is comparible to a Nintedo 64 game, its pretty bad...

Mario Strikers- no matter how many mario sports games there are, you have to admit they're pretty damned fun.  This isn't an exception, especially multi-player wise.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: July 20, 2006, 03:02:21 PM »

Got my DS Lite today, so am now playing New Super Mario Bros. Only got to level 1-3 so far, but it's pretty fun. Reminds me a lot of when I sat up all night playing Mario Bros on my brand new NES as a kid.

Unfortunently my DS turned out to have a dead pixel, so I'm going to have to get it replaced.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: July 20, 2006, 11:02:17 PM »

Finished up Dark Cloud barely. Four of my characters were dead and I had used up all my Premium Chickens and Stand-In Powders, but I managed to beat the boss by swinging Ungaga's bo around like crazy. I think I might give the bonus dungeon a try, though I really have no desire to build-up the strongest weapons for all the characters.

After this, I'm planning on picking up on where I left off in Shadow Hearts, which was some time last year.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: July 21, 2006, 11:16:36 AM »

I finished Ben Jordan 5.  It was short and sweet.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: