Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 08:24:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337990 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 72170 times)
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: July 24, 2006, 11:20:43 PM »

Finished Final Fantasy Tactics.

Not really a spoiler but
Code:
fuck, that ending is depressing

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: July 26, 2006, 12:27:13 AM »

I have a whole bunch of unfinished games and what do I play all the time?  Brain Training.  I do the sudoku puzzles in bed before I go to sleep.  I  finished up the basic puzzles and just started the intermediate puzzles.  I also unlocked the advanced group.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2006, 06:48:30 AM »

I'm about 40 hours into Suikoden 5-- I think I'm nearing the end, so that's good. Honestly, this game's story is what's carrying it. And it's not mind-blowing or anything, just told very well. The gameplay is a joke-- you're not supposed to be able to Auto-battle a boss and survive. I don't know, I have mixed feelings about the game, but I'm just glad I'm almost done with it.

Was looking through my PS1 memory card a few days ago and saw that I'm 33 hours into Grandia, so I'm planning on finishing that up next.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2006, 08:26:11 AM »

Beat Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and got the A ending. Shouldn't have went and spoiled myself just monthes ago when Silmeria was announced, but ah well. May dabble in the Seraphic Gate later.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: July 26, 2006, 12:47:47 PM »

Let's see... Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - replaying it and am up to gettin out of Underpass of Ginza but disc seems to be broken
Golden Sun - 3rd playthrough, got up to mogall forest but am training up
Dragonquest 8 - up to getting the mirror of Argonia
Metroid Hunters - single player finished, got all items and both endings
Mario Kart DS - never bothered much with single player, mainly used it to get beaten online (like Metroid Hunters)
Resident Evil 4 - finished main game once, but got bored with it after that (I know that's gaming sacriledge)

I think that's it. These will all be interrupted on friday, when I'm getting Star Ocean 2 for my birthday (cost 90 off Amazon.co.uk - I had to pay half of it). And that will be interrupted by FF III when that comes out in Europe - I think September, but thats wen it's coming out in America so it could be wrong. Too many games...

Edit: those really irritatingly long cutscences in Golden Sun are not as long as I remember them. But then I haven't got to
Code:
the bit where you meet Hama or when you go to Kalay for the first time
or the second game so I haven't had the longest ones yet. And this time round Matador in SMT: Nocturne seemed pathetically easy (this isnt really a spoiler cos its (sort of) an optional boss), mainly due to the fact i spent hours levelling up and fusing demons like u're supposed to. The only time i've died this time is casting Tornado on some Karasus in the Labyrinth of Amala. What a way to commit suicide...
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: July 26, 2006, 04:22:39 PM »

I've been playing New Super Mario Bros. It's good stuff, although far too easy so far. I'm about halfway through World 5. I do die quite a lot though, just cause I'm too damn reckless and fall down holes a lot!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: July 27, 2006, 07:44:47 AM »

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Ahriman's Prophecy is really beginning to piss me off.  It's becoming so nonlinear that I have no idea where I'm supposed to be going or what I'm supposed to be doing.  The hint journal is no help.  So I went somewhere, then the game crashed on me for I *think* doing something out of order.

And did I mention that two of my characters have some kind of incurable status ailment that no item in my inventory or in the shops I've accessed can cure it?  And it's not a plot related ailment.  It's something odd.  

And, yes, I'm using the goodie that starts me off on a high level.  I wouldn't dare play the game without it.  

This game was fun and totally awesome at first, but now it's a total exercise in frustration and I have ZERO motivation to play it any more.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: July 27, 2006, 03:54:53 PM »

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth:

Code:
Just got it, actually, and I'm on Chapter 2. Messing around some since I still haven't gotten use to the mechanics. I'm actually about to end Chapter 2 after I go to a couple of more places. Using a party of Valkyrie, Lawfer, Arngrin, and Jelanda.

My Gamecube isn't at home, so I can't play Magical Melody like I want. Bummer.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: July 27, 2006, 04:29:06 PM »

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776... I'm barely managing, so many restarts, but everyeone is alive and I'm ready to start chapter 15 and I did all the gaiden chapters too!

Helped my brother with Path of Radiance and worked on my own hard mode file, which helped my bruised ego recover. Path of Radiance is pretty easy compared to Thracia 776. My Oscar is a bit weird though, he has 13 magic at L20/1. Strength is disappointing at 15, but his other stats are above average, so I'm not benching him, yet. And my Soren is a god of war. Magic, skill, speed and resistance are all above 20 at L20/1 and he has 6 strength and 10 defense.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: July 27, 2006, 05:35:57 PM »

Playing Dragon Quest VIII...ran into the most amusing attack in a video game ever about 18 hours in:

Code:
The witches' puff-puff attack.  There was similar innuendo for previous DQ games, but man.  Lol.

Have to say I'm enjoying this more than any other DQ so far, and I've enjoyed the series in general since I (barring II, which I didn't get around to finishing or want to finish for quite some time :P).

I want to finish the game ASAP though so I can move on to Suikoden V.  I can tell only half an hour into it that this game will be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than IV.  Barring a couple games not out yet, I'd say it's easily the best RPG of the year so far.  Premature based on half an hour?  Probably, but I'm pretty excited so far.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: July 27, 2006, 10:33:51 PM »

Suikoden V is my biggest disappointment ever....bleck.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 27, 2006, 10:40:11 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"

I'd argue about other games being that, but honestly even great games like VP can be immensely disappointing with enough hype.

So, uhh, try again in a few years?
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: July 28, 2006, 03:55:07 AM »

I got fed up with Breath of Fire with all the vague directions on what to do next (here's a statue, go to this town... but I'm not going to tell you where in the world the town is, find it yourself. you have to use the egg to get into the fortress. how? you figure it out.), so now I'm playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones. I'm up to Chapter 12 and have gone through a lot of restarts-- I can always rely on FE for a challenge.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: July 28, 2006, 09:40:19 AM »

Suiko V - I am now in Lunas.
This game really needs maps for the towns, especially Sol falena(is that what it's called? the first town?) It's simply too big and too hard to navigate. It's a big pain in the ass if I just want to go to the Inn or the item shop.
The overworld map pretty much sucks, too.
Despite these problems I remain intrigued by the characters and the story. I'm pretty sure these things are going to be the saving grace for this game.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: July 28, 2006, 10:51:21 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "daschrier"

I'd argue about other games being that, but honestly even great games like VP can be immensely disappointing with enough hype.

So, uhh, try again in a few years?

I doubt it....the "gameplay" was hardly substaintial enough for me to care about it. I need a game that's fun to play these days...which is why I'm having a blast with radiata stories. It's fun to play!

Speaking of, I'm 20 hours into radiata so far and not that far in at all, and people claim it can be beaten in 20 hours???
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: