Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 04:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334516 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 71707 times)
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: August 02, 2006, 05:33:22 AM »

Wells, I beat FE:Sacred Stones today. I must say, the game is a breeze once you start using the legendary Sacred Twin weapons. So the final battle lasted maybe 2 minutes compared to other maps where I spent maybe 90 minutes in-- not to mention they were MUCH harder. But all in all, it feels very satisfying beating a Fire Emblem game. Maybe while I'm still all FE'd out, I might pick up where I left off in Path of Radiance.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: August 02, 2006, 10:17:21 AM »

Beat that evil game. Final boss was actually a pushover. Sety walks up to him, criticals with Holsety, double attacks and the boss is gone. Getting to the boss was different matter, stupid black Loptous mages with Fenrir and Death...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 02, 2006, 09:00:38 PM »

Beat Drill Dozer. Kinda short, but given that it's akin to old 16 bit platformers, I guess that really shouldn't be a surprise, plus the levels tended to be pretty long. I really recommand it to those that have GBAs/DSes, espicially with it being cheaper.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: August 02, 2006, 11:29:43 PM »

I just arrived at the mansion so I can rescue Riddel in CC. I'm using Karsh since Radius doesn't deal much damage along with Starky. I can't remember how far my previous data was in the game.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: August 02, 2006, 11:47:08 PM »

Quote from: "Tomara"
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 is a horrible, horrible game. I have never played something this evil in my life. This game is sadistic, I can hear it laughing when the RGN screws me over again. Just beat some of the most horrible maps ever found in a Fire Emblem game, chapter 23 is somewhat easier, but it's still a major bitch. Once I finish this game I will  point and laugh at the screen and never, ever touch this satanic game again.

Yea, I tried to warn you. I would give the game another chance myself if I could understand what was going on. But I don't and the game is just too brutal for me.

And Yes, Sigurd is awesome.

Anyway, I haven't played Fuuin so much the past few days because I've had a paper due for school. I just barely finished chapter 16x and received Aureola. I kind of wonder why they even included it aside from giving you the complete set of legendary weapons, because I didn't have any units who could use it last time and I don't think I will this time either. If there were monks in this game like in FE7 I probably would, but the Bishops you can get in this game are just meh and not really worth the time.

Though I have to admit Clarine isn't really worth the time either because of her poor magic growth, but since most of my strategies revolve around my units' ability to move I kind of need her as my main healer.

Lilina is a level four sage and almost has her magic stat to 30! She's kicking Roy's ass all over the place. Roy is level 19 and has 9 strength...I have to have a silver sword or two in reserve for him so he can actually do any significant damage to most of the enemy units. I have a feeling the people who adore Roy and Marth in Smash Bros. have no idea how much the two of them suck in their actual games.

And Roy's sprite is ugly too!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: August 03, 2006, 04:43:02 AM »

I usually baby a priest, but yep, in Fuuin it's not really worth it, many other magic units have better growth (and supports) and get staves after promotion. But IMO Lucius outshines every normal magic unit in those two games...

Anyway, started Fire Emblem Gaiden today, it's certainly something different.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: August 06, 2006, 10:15:32 AM »

Playing Grandia 3. Still think it's a horrible game.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: August 06, 2006, 01:48:22 PM »

Finished FE6 yesterday.

That's about it. I may go ahead and play through FE7 now just to be a completionist. But we'll see considering I still have a short stack of games I need to get through still.

*Looks at Magna Carta*
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: August 07, 2006, 04:58:15 AM »

Just got to 30 hours in Xenogears before I called it quits for the night.

This game is freaking awesome. Aside from the slow text speed, there really isn't anything not to like about it.

Code:
I just finished up the assassin attack event in the Ethos HQ, and am now about to head out in my Gears and stop some Reapers from attacking Thames.

Billy is win.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: August 07, 2006, 11:11:21 AM »

Suikoden V - Damn, has this game picked up or what? All sorts of stuff going on. I'm really enjoying it right now.

Code:
What the fuck? Ferid and the queen? Dead? No scene or explanation or anything? I am bothered by this. I wonder if they really are dead at all. I liked Ferid a lot. I am bummed

I am now in Rainwall(?) with the Barrows. About to fight my first army battle.
Good stuff.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: August 07, 2006, 02:37:27 PM »

I'm playing Persona 3 now. This is one weird game.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: August 07, 2006, 02:48:05 PM »

Weird day...

My sister has been playing Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana for the last few days and she really seems to like it. I've been helping her with item creation and stuff. Fun. She's really lucky. Three bosses in a row, she had one character left standing with 10-20HP.

My brother has been playing The Wind Waker and Path of Radiance. With his feet. He kept dying in the Wind Waker and we said he sucked. He wanted to prove he was the best player ever. I'm never touching that controller again.

Then he wanted to play Melanie's game (Atelier Iris) when she was promised a few hours on the TV. Dominic became pissed when she wouldn't let him. Things escalated and she actually punched him. I doubt she did any damage, she is so frail, you could beat her to dead with a feather, and my brother... her fist probably bounced back. But my brother was soon gone when she started singing along with the Atelier Iris intro. It hurt my ears too.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: August 07, 2006, 05:52:42 PM »

I'm playing through FFX again and just got to Bevelle. The fight with Evrae went on longer than expected.  I'm really not looking forward to the cloister of trials there either because I remember it being a bitch the last time I played.  I'm also playing Fatal Frame III.  I really enjoyed the first 2 and this one seems  pretty good so far.  

Oh.. and I downloaded a bunch of shit over Xbox Live this weekend.  Galaga, SFII: Hyper Fighting and demo's for Dead Rising, Saint's Row and Ninety-Nine Nights.   I really like all of them:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 07, 2006, 09:34:37 PM »

Was playing X4, but then it locked up while loading. If I can find everything for the disc doctor, I'll give it another shot. But if I can't, then I guess I'll be giving up on this. Put back in DQ, but didn't really play. Am probably just going to kill myself and restart the game - this is likely the best game for replaying after you've stopped for a long time.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: August 08, 2006, 12:41:27 AM »

I just completed Wild Arm 4. The game was quite awesome, the best gameplay ever.

can't wait for Wild Arm 5.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: