Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:06:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332773 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 71532 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 12:49:24 AM »

Personally, I've given up on playing Oblivion on normal difficulty. The rise is just insane, and completely negates one of the big points of getting new equipment: feeling like you're getting more powerful and are a badass. Playing it again after getting some progress done in SMT:N, and have the difficulty just a little below normal difficulty.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 12:59:35 AM »

Played a half hour of Tales of Phantasia while waiting for the bus on the way home today.  I have three party members now.

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 10:04:07 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Personally, I've given up on playing Oblivion on normal difficulty. The rise is just insane, and completely negates one of the big points of getting new equipment: feeling like you're getting more powerful and are a badass. Playing it again after getting some progress done in SMT:N, and have the difficulty just a little below normal difficulty.

I forgot that I could use the slider, which I've used once in one battle so I may lower it a bit and see how it goes.
Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 11:00:13 AM »

Havn't really touched Suikoden V much lately, but I'm off for the next couple of days, so I'm gonna tackle it as soon as I finish typing this message.

The last thing I did was recruit Jeane.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 11:41:04 AM »

I'm currently taking a break from Oblivion.  When I come back to it, I'm sliding the difficulty bar far left because the current difficulty level is sucking the fun out of the game.

SH:FTNW -  I just finished up Roswell.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 03:09:49 AM »

About 18 hours into Suikoden V.  I just got my base.  Fucking awesome game, shaping up to be the best Suikoden yet.  We'll see if the story can top Suiko 2.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 04:25:05 AM »

More Resident Evil 4 for me.

I just fell into some giant trap door thing and fell into this underground cavern place, so I'm guessing I'm done with that freaking castle. I'm still baffled at how many new challenges this game continues to put me through, like being forced to play as defenseless Ashley, and fighting two of those crazy Wolverine guys simultaneously. Everything is fresh around every corner, and I freaking love it.

Screw Suikoden V. This is way more entertaining!
Actually, I'll probably pick up on Suikoden again tomorrow :P
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 11:07:32 AM »

Decided to pick up Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter again. Hopefully I'll complete it this time. That is unless I run into any more bugs that make me lose several hours progress. I still really, really don't like how this game handle saves.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 05:21:52 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Decided to pick up Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter again. Hopefully I'll complete it this time. That is unless I run into any more bugs that make me lose several hours progress. I still really, really don't like how this game handle saves.

Join the club :P
I wasn't much of a fan of getting killed by a giant penguin after playing for two hours without saves, myself. And I definately wasn't fond of having to fight the final 4 bosses without a hard-save inbetween, just because I didn't have one of those freaking save tokens...
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 06:10:40 PM »

Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter
Fuck this game. I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but a save system that requires you to search every last corner of the map just hope to find the item that lets you save isn't challenging, it's just plain stupid. I, once again, lost several hours or progress just because the game hadn't decided to grace me with a save token. To make matters even worse, I died on the second-to-last boss. Hilarious.

I fear I'm never going to finish this damn game.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 09:50:54 PM »

I started Suikoden V a few days ago after I wrapped up the .Hack series of games.

Code:
I've never played another Suikoden the full way through before, but this game was unimpressive the first 2 or so hours to me. However, all hell just broke loose in the game, and I'm hooked. This is one of those few times I'm met with a bad guy I actually, really, really want to kick the ass of. I'll probably go back and play the other Suikodens after this. Just maybe not IV. :P
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 01:36:56 AM »

I pretty much doubled my play time in Suikoden V. Things (story things) are starting to get pretty good, to say the least. Although, I'm still kind of dissapointed at how lame the battle system is, but that's probably just because I haven't recruited a single damn person onto my team :P

Let's see here..

Code:
I just got back from my second visit to Lordlake, and I guess I'm supposed to rescue this tacticioner chick from a prison.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 09:20:26 AM »

Oblivion has sort of gone off my radar lately as i've been spending some time with DMC3: SE(I swear to God some of the secret missions are impossible!), Res Ev.4, and Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

It's hard to get near the 360 these days anyway since my bro in-law seems to have gotten vampirism in Oblivion and hasn't put it down trying to find a cure.:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter
Fuck this game. I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but a save system that requires you to search every last corner of the map just hope to find the item that lets you save isn't challenging, it's just plain stupid. I, once again, lost several hours or progress just because the game hadn't decided to grace me with a save token. To make matters even worse, I died on the second-to-last boss. Hilarious.

I fear I'm never going to finish this damn game.

I used a walk through for the last few bosses just cause I didn't want to deal with that.

I agree, that they really were a bunch of assholes when they made this game. The game itself isn't hard, but the bosses themselves almost seem to require you to try them more than once to figure out a good strategy.
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 11:28:57 AM »

Hooray for insomnia. Got up at like 2:30 in the mourning last night and decided I'd play a bit more KH2. Finished the Land of Dragons and am now on to Beast's Castel.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: