Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 12:27:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331894 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 71443 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 11:55:44 AM »

SH:FTNW -  I just finished up the pirate ship and am now trying to get everyone around the same level and get cat coins for Mao.  I'm also  revisiting old dungeons so I can trade snaps for goodies.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 11:21:54 PM »

@Clueless - Unless you are leveling all your characters for kicks, there isn't really any need to do so. There is really only one point in the game that forces you to NOT use a certain character, so it's not like Covenant where you have to split your party up into groups of four or anything.

Anyways, got a bit further in Suikoden V. I guess my team is getting ready to go to war with some super general from the Godwin's army, and I don't think I've missed any recruitable characters, so I'll probably pick up at that point tomorrow.

The conductor guy is pissing me off. I've encountered one of his little orchestra jelly beans while training, and I couldn't catch it....I even used Pokemon logic and weakened it down, but no dice :P
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 12:10:16 AM »

Quote from: "Sketch"

The conductor guy is pissing me off. I've encountered one of his little orchestra jelly beans while training, and I couldn't catch it....I even used Pokemon logic and weakened it down, but no dice :P

you need an open space either in your party or convoy in order to catch them, if you dont have one it will always fail, but I believe its 100% success rate as long as you have an open spot.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 02:58:34 AM »

Quote from: "Marona"
you need an open space either in your party or convoy in order to catch them, if you dont have one it will always fail, but I believe its 100% success rate as long as you have an open spot.

I was figuring that was why I couldn't do it, but that takes a load off of my shoulders now that you've reassured me :P
Having an open space in my party is a bit of a hassle though...but I suppose I won't be using my backup team much anyways.

Thank you!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006, 03:14:47 AM »

Tales of Destiny - In Morlia Mines.  They're fucking suck.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006, 03:59:28 AM »

Effectively cleared the Kalpas in SMT:N, but made a save before I saw the final events, so I can have an ideal save for getting both the neutral ending and the true demon ending.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2006, 12:15:13 PM »

Suikoden V: About 18 hours, 15 minutes in.

Code:
Just saved the Beaver Lodge from burning down. I get the feeling I'm about halfway through the game now. :P I'm sure I've missed plenty of stars, but I guess I won't worry about that in my first playthrough.

I'm almost positive I won't get a good ending, since I said I wanted to be king before Lyon persuaded me not to be. It rules to do the choices you would do, heh.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2006, 12:48:07 PM »

I have been so busy the past week and change, I havent had a second to get my gaming in order.  I just finished
Code:
the attack on beaver village or whatever its called

I have been playing the hell out of WoW as well. I have been running my mage through the Deadmines with my chicks level 60, selling all the greens. I have almost 40g and I am level 20. Pretty awesome. I wish I  could get that fucking ring to drop.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2006, 10:11:30 PM »

SH:FTNW - I'm never one to level just for kicks.  I'm just ultra paranoid that I'll have to use a character and he/she/it will be underlevled.  It's good to hear that I can use whoever I want, whenever I want.  Anyways, I'm still not making any progress as far as advancing the story.  I'll work on it tonight.

Currently Reading: 

Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2006, 11:01:08 AM »

Threw in Suikoden V, Just left Sable, going into the Mountains.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2006, 01:15:33 PM »

Suikoden V

Code:
In New Game +, just finished the destruction of Hatred fort and the revival of Lordlake. On a recruiting spree.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2006, 07:20:47 PM »

Suikoden V: About 37:45, finished the game. Definately replaying it - I think i got the bad normal ending.

Code:
Lyon's death seemed a little overly simplified, but it still hit the right spot. Wow. Not to mention what the main character does after that: That's one depressing ending. I think I might go for one of the dumb ones now, like the Barows one. :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2006, 11:23:51 PM »

Beat SMT:N just now, and got the neutral ending. Even though it seems like the typical kind of ending that'd disappoint me, I'm satisfied with it anyway. Will start up SuikV tomorrow.
Phoenix's Rage

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2006, 11:43:59 PM »

I started Suikoden V. The story seems very promising and the voice acting's top notch. What really irks me though is the delayed menu "response time" and the zoom camera. More camera control would surely help here.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2006, 11:19:30 AM »

SH:FTNW -  I'm currently in Rio.

Currently Reading: 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: