Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 12:05:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341270 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 72615 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2006, 11:26:15 AM »

Oblivion -  I experienced a fighter's guild quest glitch.  Apparently I was suppossed to find a body in a troll cave, but it wasn't there even though the green marker was pointing at the location.  I had to use a code to get pass the glitch.  

SH:FTNW - Got Johnny's telephone.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2006, 11:34:04 AM »

Playing Demise currently. Anyone remember this PC rpg :D
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
With summer coming I'm probably going to tackle the game in Proud mode to get that second movie at the end.

To be honest man I don't really find Proud mode as challenging as you may think it is compared to normal. I think if I went through it on normal I would be boarded to tears. This actually offers a great challenge. Some boss fights could have been a bit easier on normal but I'm glad overall they're hard.

Just got through a few more worlds doing their second scenarios. I'm also having a blast trying to make a nice and badass gumi ship. This part of the game is certainly one of the more beefed up aspects compared to the origonal.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2006, 06:47:16 AM »

Not many people must have been one the boards yesterday if I get to follow up my own post.

I'm at the end of KH2 with about 50 hours clocked in so far. I've done pretty much all the scenarios for each world and I'm now just leveling up, completing Jimminy's Journal and playing around with the gumi ship some more. I also got owned by Sepheroth 3 times and only once did I mange to even hit him. He's gonna be the hardest boss in proud mode I guartee it.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2006, 07:20:39 AM »

Not a gameplay moment for the journal, but a memorable gaming moment nonetheless.  

I was checking out the Hirameki site when I discovered that the Ever17 character poll results were in.  I was happy when one of my quotes regarding one of the characters (Sara) was used.  I was even happier when I saw my name listed amongst the 2nd prize winners of goodies.  First prize in the drawing was the Ever17 vocal collection CD (which I reviewed for Ramza), and 2nd prize was a cel-phone strap & bath clock.

Warning: The character poll is extremely spoiler-iffic.    

Dude, I NEVER win anything!  Yes!

And the best part of all is that on the Hirameki site, there is a flowchart available for download with FAQs on how to get the good endings with each heroine.  Sweet!  I've played the game, I dunno, 11 times and only gotten a couple of the good endings.  There are so many decisions to be made in the game, even innocuous ones matter and sometimes the "wrong" decision may be the "right" one.  I can never tell which paths I've followed or not and in replays have often found myself retreading.  

But now, I can FINALLY get the full scoop on the story.  Ever 17= best fuckin' game I've played in years.  

Meh, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to replay Ever 17 since Hirameki's releasing more games in the future (I can't wait for future Exodus Guilty installments) and I have a few more of their titles I need to review, but Nealy Boy (the biggest Ever17 fanboy on RPGfan) is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY happy camper.

Today started well.  I hope I can keep this momentum, especially since my band's public debut is tonight.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2006, 11:45:26 AM »

Hmm.  I'll have to pick up Ever 17 with my Amazon gift card.  

Anyways, I'm still playing Oblivion.  Unfortunately I've gotten in the habit of not saving for long stretches and the power went out because we had thunderstorms last night.  :(

Currently Reading: 

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2006, 03:42:58 PM »

Started a new game of Oblivion yesterday. Decided to try out a few mods to see how much they change the game experience, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than the "plain vanilla" game so far. My new char is a Breton warrior/mage hybrid. Whittling down your opponent's health with magic attacks from afar, and then close in to finish him off with a pair of sword swings, is highly rewarding.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2006, 09:47:29 PM »

I started playing Tales of Legendia today since my friend has let me borrow it. I actually enjoy the characters this time unlike TOS and the game has been decent so far with nothing for me to complain about yet. I'm currently in the Bandit Hideout right after that puzzle thing.
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2006, 01:36:51 AM »

Well got impatiant and went ahead and beat KH2 anyways. Took me a couple tries but things may have been made easier if I had some items equiped in my item slots. All in all though I came pretty close to getting everything. I had 98% on the Journal and 88% on the gumi ship stuff.

To say the least I'm not getting my hopes up too much but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let them get away with putting a secret movie on there and not doing anything about it. I mean if you don't have plans to continue with the series, why tease people like that. It's just cruel.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2006, 02:11:16 AM »

I've been slaving over RPGMXP over the past week, and lost valuable sleep because of it. And I'm more than positive that I screwed up my STAR tests because of it (not that it really matters) :P

I played Suikoden V for the first time (I think) this week. I just got my hidden base thing, and now have no clue as to how to get to Lordlake. I really don't understand why I can't warp there with Vicki...

A couple things are really getting on my nerves about the game though. One, I can't stand gaining and losing characters randomly, thus having to walk back to Lusenia (sp?) just to get them back. And more than likely, the characters I want aren't avalible to use, like right now with Kyle. Two, character recruitment pisses me off. I know I'm early in the game, but every freaking time I ask someone to join me, they just flat out deny me, and give out some bullshit answer.

But other than that, this game is pretty swell. I like using Formation Skills, now that I know your party immediately attacks like crazy after you use one (a support skill, that is).
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2006, 05:17:47 AM »

I finished Tales of Phantasia a few days ago.

Code:
Dhaos was a pretty poor villain.  I think he goes in the X-Death and Seymour types.  He lacked anything that actually would have made him memorable.  For the fist half of the game we just spent time getting spells and magic to defeat him just because Midgards told us to.

We only got to see him before we went back in time.  But after we went back in time, we didn't see Dhaos till after Midgards said he was terrible.  And it turns out he was only really attacking Midgards cause they were creating Magitech and destroying Mana.

Anyway, if he didn't hide away "amassing his forces", in other words sitting with his thumbs up his arse, he might have actually been cool.  But he was just some douchebag sitting up in his castle.

But the main cast were great.  Cress, Chester, and Arche especially.  I really liked the way they interacted with each other.  That and the actual game play made the game really stand out for me.  Fucking excellent.

Anyway, this'd be more coherant if I wasn't so tired.  I will definately play this one again some day.

Shining Force Final Conflict.

Code:
Just found out that Ian is Kane's son, even though I knew this prior to it happening in game.  Still, that's fuckin cool.  Plus Max and Odd Eye are in my party.  I think I am awfully close to finishing the game now.  :P

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2006, 01:01:44 PM »

In Tales Of Legendia I just left Chloe, Will, and Norma behind when I got out of the Secret Passage.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2006, 02:21:11 PM »

Oblivion -  I'm trying to finish up the main quest, but I keep getting distracted.  Anyways, I need a daedra artifact so I'm going around to the temples.  The problem is that I don't want to part with the cool stuff I'm getting like the skeleton key and azura's star.   I really need to find one that sucks.

Currently Reading: 

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2006, 04:19:37 PM »

Suiko V - About to fight the battle of Lalcar. Loving every second more than the last.

WoWza - Well like Darkrider said in the WOW Forum (shut up, no one plays FFXI who also posts here), he, Dagg, and I all moved our characters from Shadowsong (the old RPGFan Guild's server that disbanded) to Norgannon. Got my mount a few days ago and struggling to find a group for some Scarlet Monestary action. I can use chain mail now, but i'm so out of money I can't really replace the leather i have on easily. So yeah we need to do some Razorfen Downs or Scarlet Monestary stuff....or hell we could skip all that and just run Uldaman.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2006, 07:50:46 PM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"
Suiko V - About to fight the battle of Lalcar. Loving every second more than the last.

WoWza - Well like Darkrider said in the WOW Forum (shut up, no one plays FFXI who also posts here), he, Dagg, and I all moved our characters from Shadowsong (the old RPGFan Guild's server that disbanded) to Norgannon. Got my mount a few days ago and struggling to find a group for some Scarlet Monestary action. I can use chain mail now, but i'm so out of money I can't really replace the leather i have on easily. So yeah we need to do some Razorfen Downs or Scarlet Monestary stuff....or hell we could skip all that and just run Uldaman.

I told you I would run you through SM later. So get online and fucking go to SM

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: