Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 04:40:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319663 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 69828 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2006, 09:45:52 PM »

I played Suikdone V for about 3 hours today, and didn't get anywhere, because I still couldn't figure out how to get to Lordlake from my Headquarters. I gave in and looked at Gamefaqs a few munutes ago.

I figured that Beaver Dam = Beaver Lodge, so I never took a boat ride to it....

Damnit :P
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2006, 06:10:02 AM »

actually i stay playing zoe 2 and okami, in zoe 2 i cant deleted the ia from viola  is very difficult ... =\  and in okami i just back the sun in one valley, only play about 3 hours, is wonderfull this game

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2006, 02:34:47 PM »

I decided that I'll complete KH2 100% some other time. In the meantime I picked up where I left off in Nocturn. I just finished the second trip through the Amala Network to look for Isamu. The more I play this game the more I love it. I hope DDS will be as good. But from what I hear about it from the people on the Fan is that I won't have to worry.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2006, 02:45:04 PM »

SMT:N and DDS are both wonderful games, but SMT:N feels a bit more... robust and complete for some reason. Probably because it lasts longer, has all those demons to recuit and use, and the fact DDS recycles so much from SMT:N. :P
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

I think I'm in Chapter 4 of Tales Of Legendia. I just arrived at the Man Eater Ruins or whatever it's called. I've been using Moses, Chloe, Will, and Senel. If there's only 3 more chapters than the main part of the game must be short. I hope the character quests are longer.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2006, 05:06:06 PM »

I think I'm in Chapter 4 of Tales Of Legendia. I just arrived at the Man Eater Ruins or whatever it's called. I've been using Moses, Chloe, Will, and Senel. If there's only 3 more chapters than the main part of the game must be short. I hope the character quests are longer.

i don,t complete the char quest but the main quest the chapter 4 is the best for me =p

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2006, 05:46:16 PM »

@Saza - You'd probably be better off talking to Clueless Wonder about it, but I remember her telling me that the character quests are about as long, if not longer, than the main game itself. So you've got quite a ways to go, I'd say :P
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2006, 06:15:24 PM »

Yeah in ToL, the end of the main quest is basically the halfway point of the game.  I enjoyed the second half way more than the first half.  I recommend not quitting and finishing up the whole thing.  

Oblivion -  I want to close all those damn gates.  I hate them with a passion!!!

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2006, 08:44:15 PM »

Beat SH:C for the first time (even though I herald it as one of my favorite games, but whatev). Interesting ending.

Playing Kingdom Hearts II. It's awesome. The first 3 hours or so where, at first, boring, but as it escalated, I was so intrigued. The plot is turning out to be really great so far.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2006, 10:32:12 PM »

Beat KH2 last weekend. Quality game. Maybe not an amazing ending, but it was still nice.

I picked up DDS1 again, not very far in. After I played DDS1 for two hours I decided to play SH:C for a bit, and boy was I dissapointed. I hadn't played it in a while but enjoyed it when I did, but compared to the simplicity and pace of the DDS system, I just couldn't stand it. Sadly, I'm going to have to add it to my games-i'm-probably-never-going-to-beat (or not play ever and sell) list, which currently includes Soul Calibur 3 and Star Ocean 3. I just have too many games I need to play and beat (to name a few: SMT: Nocturne, DQVIII, Oblivion [main quest at least], RE4).

Finaly note: my dad decided to pick up an X360 so we could see something awesome on the new tv (I didn't really want one, but I'm not going to complain).
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2006, 02:51:02 AM »

Guilty Gear XX Slash -

Since I am such a mindless Guilty Gear whore, I ordered XX Slash when it came out. It just arrived a couple of days ago, and I've been playing it since. Order Sol is pretty freakin' cool, and a lot of fun to use.

I've cleared Sol, Ky, Dizzy, and Bridget's lvl 1 missions, so far. Most of the Guilty Gear time was spent checking out some of the new tweaks they've done (...again! :P), as well as playing around with Order Sol and A.B.A.

Megaman Powered Up -

Mainly playing around with level creation, right now. Still don't have very many things unlocked.

I've downloaded Sports Roll, just last night.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2006, 11:50:10 AM »

Oblivion -  I'm doing some fighter's guild and mage's guild stuff and going around collecting Alyied (sp?) statues for Umbanaco.   For the main quest I'm at the part where I have to get the Great Weylkland stone.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2006, 05:10:09 PM »

I'm playing Dreamfall. The reviews pretty much got it right - it's light on gameplay and heavy on story. I like it a lot so far.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2006, 07:15:11 PM »

Just jumping back and forth between playing Suikoden and FFX-2 while we are getting ready to move.

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2006, 11:22:41 PM »

More Suikoden V. 34 hours in, I just finished the part where

Code:
you foil Euram's plans to screw you over by using that Roy kid as a "Bandit Prince."

I'm actually sort of liking the battle system, now that I'm actually taking advantage of the different formations and skills along with them. I think the main reason I never used them before is because I was afraid that the accuracy loss for some of the characters in their 'bad' positions, would screw me over, and while I do get frustrated at the frequent misses I get on occation, I'm starting to appreciate the formation system way more, so whatever.

I really need to pick up the pace on this sucker though. I mean, with Atelier Iris 2 out tomorrow, and me still having to pick up KH2, I'll have my work cut out for me. Thank god this is the (supposed) end to the bajillion RPGs that've been released this year :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: