Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334413 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 71684 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2006, 08:03:25 AM »

I finally got all the recommendations to join the mages guild in 'Oblivion' and am currently doing that quest about the perma-scamp staff:|

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2006, 11:22:11 AM »

I just got to the Final Castle Defense in my Suikoden V NEw Game + file.

Code:
When Roy shouted "Where is your honor?!" and got killed by the hail of arrows, I just screamed, "ROY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One of the best and most heroic death scenes I've ever seen.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2006, 11:54:44 AM »

Dragon Quest VIII - Just finished up the Herb Grotto. Seems I need to find some bird to get me where I need to go. I may do a bit of treasure hunting first, as I now have the Ultimate key.
What is the deal with money is this game? I wasn't able to buy a single damn new thing in that Ortusk(sp?) town due to my severe lack of fundage. You'd think some playtesters would have called out the designers on this, right? Or do people LIKE having no money and not being able to purchase new stuff? Stupid.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2006, 02:37:28 PM »

I actually don't mind not having enough money since it gives me a reason to level (I don't level for fun).  It also provides a stopping point for my leveling session, otherwise I'll just keep doing it and run the risk of losing all interest in the game.  

SH:FTNW -  I'm in the caves and I got petrified last night in the boss battle.  I have now equipped my party appropriately so hopefully I can beat the damn thing.  I also exited and did Mao's fight against Cat Morita.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2006, 07:04:53 PM »

Just realized the class system in FFX-2 is pretty cool.  Taped down the X button during battle when we went out today and returned to see we had learned several new skills.  Just cause jamming on Pray or Focus still yields some job points.

Been arguing with Myau to get her to start FFT.  Although she is enjoying FFTA right now, I think she'd like FFT more.  :P

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2006, 12:16:24 PM »

Oblivion - I decided to level up some to get better equipment and gain more strength so I could carry more loot.  So I'm around 15 with the difficulty slider far left.  Anyways, I finished up the mages guild quests.  I also got the Great Welkyland stone.

SH:FTNW -  I just entered the ice castle looking thing (can you tell I forgot the name of the place :P).  

Oh I also picked up Atelier Iris 2 and Metal Saga is being shipped to me as I type this.

Currently Reading: 

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2006, 05:34:48 PM »

Heh, I think you're like...the only one on the boards who picked up Metal Saga, Clueless. You'll be the deciding factor as to whether I get it or not :P

And the Shadow Hearts place is Uyuni, I think. But that's not important.

Suikoden V - As I said in the self titled thread, I just got finished with my first trip to the Island Nations place, and got Bernadette. I also kicked some pirate ass (might I add, that they were the most cliche pirates ever?).

True Men formation skill = win.
Losfer
The Pope

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2006, 06:24:14 PM »

Okay, I think FFX-2 is really fucking cool now.

Code:
Just got Yuna's Floral whatthefuckever thing and it is terrifying and awesome.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2006, 02:15:41 AM »

Suikoden V -

I just got Jeane on my team, but I completely forgot what I did before that :P

And holy crap! I barely have any of the 108 stars! I don't know. It's just odd not even having half of them yet...
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2006, 11:45:05 AM »

It might be a while before I hit Metal Saga.  I won't play it until I beat SH:FTNW and it is slow going at the moment since the majority of my game time is going to Oblivion.  

Anyways, in Oblivion I got the great sigil stone.

Currently Reading: 

Losfer
The Pope

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2006, 08:37:53 PM »

FFX-2 - The girls all have most of White Mage mastered cause White Mage is the best thing ever,

Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2006, 01:13:35 AM »

Kingdom Hearts II:

Code:
At the World That Never Was. Just beat Saix and Riku is back to his normal self. Leveling up, trying to get Final Form, and trying to get items for Save the King and Save the Queen.

Suikoden V

Code:
Haven't played much due to KH 2/final exams. About to do the first Sol Felena major battle. Currently have my party of 20 that will be used for the split portion of the final dungeon.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance.

Code:
Beat La Grim and I'm sitting on 275 missions right now. Need to level up more so I can do some that my clan isn't ready to do as of yet.
Losfer
The Pope

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2006, 10:10:36 PM »

Oh yeah, I started Harmony of Dissonance the other night and am now 87% done.

It's good, I'll give my thoughts later.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2006, 01:51:35 AM »

I got a good seven hour run in Suikoden V. Didn't really get many stars recruited, although I'm happy that my roster is more than half full of the 108 stars :P

I got to the part where
Code:
You heal Lyon with the new super powered up Dawn Rune. Then Lun burst into the room and told me that something terrible, TEEEERRRIBLE, was going on. I stopped there, and'll pick up from there tomorrow.

I also finally recruited the Window and Sound Set ladies. The sounds are fun, but I could never imagine using anything other than the normal sound set during gameplay. All of the window sets all look completely awkward compared to the normal one as well.

Nice touches, though.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2006, 02:01:25 PM »

I got to the point in Tales Of Legendia where you reach the former lake near the Legacy's bridge. I wonder when I will be able to use Grune and Jay in my party because it's annoying knowing that they'll eventually join you. I still think Jay looks and talks like a woman...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: