Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 11:15:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327447 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 70644 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2006, 05:17:43 PM »

I should be playing Magna Carta or DQVIII. Instead FFVII:AC has convinced me to play through FFVII again. I've only made it to the save just before you get back to the bar at the beginning of the game.
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2006, 08:48:52 PM »

Since I figured out that I couldn't finished the damned Laberynth in Nocturn, i decided to finish the game. I'm at the last save point and tried to beat it once. Got pretty far then he started doing that attack that hits the party for majour damage every third turn. So now I'm just gonna max out my level and do more demon fusing.

I've been curious, what do you get to carry over in the new game plus?

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2006, 10:00:38 PM »

You still haven't beaten Magna Carta yet, Jimmy? :P

Suikoden V's good side snuck up on me this weekend. The story has been excellent, and I'm addicted to getting new nations to join the Prince's cause.

I don't have enough Stars though. It's definately a lot more troublesome in this game to snag new party members than I remember (well...compared to Suikodens III and IV anyway).

I just
Code:
re-captured the Prince's castle, and now have to choose whether or not I want to defend Sable or Doratt.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2006, 09:07:40 AM »

DQVIII - Damn clock is around 71 hours now. I played through the dragon graveyard last night, and just checked gamefaqs to find out where the hell I was supposed to go after that. I'm figuring I'll be halfway through this game by 2035 or so.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2006, 11:26:10 AM »

Well at least you started playing it.  DQ8 is sitting in a pile, yet to be played.

So even though I technically finished Oblivion, I started the Dark Brotherhood quest line.  Since I finished the thieve's guild stuff, I have the item that makes it possible for me to commit acts and not gain any infamy so that's why I decided to wait to be bad.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2006, 03:36:07 PM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
You still haven't beaten Magna Carta yet, Jimmy? :P

I haven't touched it since January because of school and work XD. And now that summer is here I want to play FFVII. Figures.

Just made it to Kalm in FFVII. I'm taking my sweet time too apparently. It took me 8 hours to get out of Midgar. Crazy.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2006, 05:10:08 PM »

So while I have been trying to play DDS1 and get it out of the way for DDS2, Oblivion is just too addicting. I'm roughly 15 hours in and I did the main quest up to
Code:
your arrival at the temple north of Bruma
, but then stopped to do a good majority of the thieve's guild quests and about half of the dark brotherhood quests. It's just too much fun. Hopefully I'll be able to tear myself away long enough to beat DDS1. I also have to beat Grim Fandango (just started Year 3), so I'll probably just get that out of the way.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2006, 11:28:49 AM »

Metal Saga -  I just got it yesterday.   I'm kind of tired of SH:FTNW so I broke my cardinal rule of not playing two games of the same genre on the same system.  So anyways, I beat the game already.  You can beat it in a few minutes depending on how you answer a question.  The ending was pretty funny.  Anyways, I started over and am just exploring the junkyard at the moment.  I can't wait to go home and play.

Currently Reading: 

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2006, 11:19:41 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
You can beat it in a few minutes depending on how you answer a question.  The ending was pretty funny.

What the hell? :P

Suikoden V (55 hours) -

Code:
Just recaptured Doraat and kicked that mustache dude's ass in two turns (True Men skill and a normal attack). True Men formation is way too unfair :P

Also went on a mini recruiting spree. I got all of the beavers, Norma and Erst, Saihro, and Yahr and Nelis.

I would have gotten the Voice Set chick too (I think) if I hadn't of accidently chosen the first response to her question :P
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2006, 11:53:36 AM »

There are mulitiple endings for Metal Saga.  I got a different ending by getting married.  The game warns you that you should save before you give a certain answer so you know an ending is coming up.  

Anyways, the game is getting hard.  I'm running around East Zero trying to get money to upgrade my tank.  I also need to find another tank for my third human character I got.   I also got Bernie as my bazooka dog.  He's so adorable.

Currently Reading: 

OblivionMaster

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2006, 11:36:28 AM »

I've gotten up to fighting Riku/Ansem I got up to this before and then my data was deleted so im glad im back at it. But i still need help i get him down to his last health and then i get killed any tips would be appreciated.

Im lvl 44 and am using the 'Metal Chocobo' Keyblade

There are three types of people in the world people who can count and people who can't

Let me note my username refers to the oblivion Keyblade in Kingdom Hearts not The Game Oblivion
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2006, 11:43:54 AM »

Metal Saga -  I'm so stupid.  I didn't realize the map went further north so that's why I traveled west.  That is also the reason I was getting beat down so badly.  So anyways, I found another tank with the help of gamefaqs and I went to Beldaire and the little Japanese village.  I finished the bounties of Tankasaurus and the hydra thing that wanted a sacrifice.  I'm not sure where to go now.  I'll just explore some more.

Oh I also uninstalled Oblivion.  Yeah, I bought Dreamfall and Keepsake and Oblivion was preventing me from playing another PC game.

Currently Reading: 

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2006, 12:14:57 AM »

"Prince, no matter what happens, this will be the final battle..."

"Oh, well actually, the main enemy got away again and took the super duper Rune with him, so you have to go chase him again."

Ug, why do I believe claims like that? :P
Anyways, yeah, Suikoden V:

Code:
I just killed Gizel, and now have to go after Marscal. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, True Men skill is pwn.

61 hours. That ain't a shabby time, if I do say so myself.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2006, 07:20:40 PM »

I'm to the Temple of the Ancients in FFVII. I never could stand the crazy Escher-esque area of this place. I swear I power level eight levels every time I play this part of the game because I forget where I am and can't figure out how to get out.

teh sigh
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2006, 07:53:33 PM »

I beat Suikoden V just now, clocking in at 64 hours if you round up. That's a big ol' game, isn't it? :P

Code:
I got the ending where Lyon dies. I didn't really like how she died, but the expression on the Prince's face when he looked at Georg made it all better.

So yeah, the ending was alright I guess, and I always look forward to seeing all of the character bios afterwards.

Good stuff. Except for the final dungeon, which doesn't even let you save before the final boss (wtf, mate?). That's just not cool.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: