Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 02:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338798 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 72301 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2006, 09:19:38 PM »

Good stuff. Except for the final dungeon, which doesn't even let you save before the final boss (wtf, mate?). That's just not cool.

Code:
You could always run back after beating the Prince's group's boss. It's better than going through the whole damn dungeon again. I'm guessing they did it because there's this point where you make a decision that affects which ending you get, so either they want you to play the game again from start to finish to get the other choice, or just annoy you by making you go through the 2-hour dungeon again (Of course, the second time around it takes a lot less time, especially in New Game +, where you can dash without having Cathari.)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2006, 09:58:15 PM »

Gah!  I was playing Keepsake for hours (almost finished it) and I didn't save since you can't really screw yourself over in the puzzles.  Anyways, the game freaking crashed on me and I don't feel like playing it over again.  There is a lot of backtracking in the game and to got through it twice would be pure torture.  If someone finishes the game, please tell me the ending.  

Metal Saga:  I'm finally running around Alice One but I need repairs every 5 battles.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2006, 11:15:21 AM »

Beat Suikoden V finally at 69:38, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute, despite the fact that it was obscenely easy.

Began a game of Grandia III, currently leaving Anfog.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2006, 06:15:23 PM »

Yay, back in England, so we can play all the PAL games now.  I started KotOR and Ninja Gaiden and Myau is playing ToeJam and Earl 3, Fable, Blinx, and Morrowind, cause there are more games on the XBox than we remember wanting to play.

I also have been playing Harmony of Dissonance for about nine hours now.  Four of which have been actual game play, the other five which were BEING STUCK AND NOT ACHIEVING FUCK ALL.  Finally advanced to getting some whip to break down walls last night before bed.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2006, 12:43:40 PM »

I've been playing computer games a lot since it allows me to play a game and watch the Stanley Cup playoffs at the same time.    Anyways, I just started playing Dreamfall.  The controls took some time to get used to.  I gave up using the mouse to move and now use the keyboard with the camera fixed behind the character.   There is a ton of dialogue and I get scared when it started to stutter.  I'm so afraid of it crashing on me that I save often.  I'm glad that the game autosaves too, right before a sneak mission or combat.  Speaking of which, I suck at sneaking.  So I've been laying the beat down on  people.

Currently Reading: 

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2006, 07:12:30 PM »

In the middle of writing a paper, I decided to do another accelerated replay of Ever 17.  I got the good ending with Sora.  Now, I've gotten good endings with Sara, Tsugumi, and Sora.  Now I need to get a good ending with You and then I can
Code:
open up the Coco scenario through the paths of Takeshi and Kid and try for her good endings
and then really figure out what the game's plot is truly all about.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2006, 12:12:25 PM »

Dreamfall -  Once again I need to stress how much I suck at sneaking.  I just fight everyone and get beat down every now and then since fighting is a clunky.  I'm at the part where
Code:
April follows the prophet guy into the land of the weird fishmen.  

Currently Reading: 

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2006, 10:37:12 PM »

Finals done.  Yay!  Did another accelerated playthrough of Ever 17 and got the good ending with You.  I've now gotten good endings with all four main paths, but only gotten epilogues for You and Sara.  So I need to replay the Sora and Tsugumi scenarios to get the epilogues and then I can open the
Code:
Coco chapter
which was hinted at when I finished You's path today.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2006, 09:32:52 PM »

I picked up Guild Wars: Factions over the weekend and had the chance to play that for a bit. Good fun. I kinda got peer pressured into buying it because my friend started playing it again and was like "OMG IT IZ T3H AW3SOMZZZ!!!11!1". Then again, he generally has good taste in games. I have also been playing some GRAW for 360 and have been enjoying that.

On a sad note, the list of games I want to purchase between now and say... mid-2007 has trippled in size because of stupid E3. Then again, that means I get to meticulously trim the list over the next year, something I love to do.

Finally, I've decided that I must beat one game this weekend (either Grim Fandango or Shadow of the Colossus). If anyone wants to vote in their following posts feel free to do so, but I get the feeling it's going to be SotC, simply because I'm lazy and probably will forget to play Grim Fandango.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2006, 12:03:22 AM »

Hard to say, both are awesome games. I can't decide who to vote for anyway; GF isn't going to get as much attention from the other folks most likely, and I like to root for the underdog. But SoTC is shorter and probably easier to beat in a weekend (unless you have a faq for GF, but that takes out half the fun).

Not been playing much, will probably pick back up SuikV now that 'ohh, new computer!' allure is wearing off.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2006, 07:18:19 AM »

Still playing Okami, and back to play tales of rebirth, i deserve the first time of this game for the fault of the codes =/

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2006, 07:44:34 AM »

I loved Grim Fandango.  The Blademaster Dezo reader review on the site for it is mine.  Some of the puzzles are pretty difficult and require major logic leaps.  The crane puzzle in the third chapter is a killer (and not in a good way.)  I totally needed a FAQ for that one.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2006, 03:55:11 PM »

Totally bored of Harmony of Dissonance now.  The multi version castle is annoying, cause I am always going back and forth to the same old areas.

Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2006, 01:25:48 PM »

I'm playing an english translated version of the original Star Ocean since I used to be such a huge fan of the Playstation game.
Malevolent_Angel

Magun246@hotmail.com Magun246@hotmail Magun246@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2006, 10:19:05 PM »

I decided to go back and play FFVII, because the last time I played it was around two years ago, and I've realized how much I missed.

We hold in our hearts, the sword and the faith. Swelled up from the rain, clouds move like a wraith. Well after all we'll lie another day. And through it all, we'll find some other way. To carry on, through cartilage and fluid. And did you come to stare, or wash away the blood?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: