Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 11:51:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337994 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 72173 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2006, 03:07:35 AM »

I'll hopefully have time to start up Atelier Iris 2 on Tuesday, since my big research project will be done by then.

Lately inbetween research and whatnot I've been working on my RPGMaker XP game, Sketch Devil, and hanging out on Gaia Online.

But damnit...I just want to start up Atelier Iris 2 :P
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2006, 03:50:10 AM »

I'm starting a game with Wild Arm 4. The game looks very awesome so far. I love the battle system and the ability management system.

the story looks nice too, almost remniscent of Xenogear.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2006, 05:46:59 AM »

I'm almost done Tales Of Legendia at the Wings of Light. and I'm in a hurry to finish it. The story got worse and the battle system was average in the first place. The only thing I like are the characters. I'm not going to do any of the Character Quests. I'll either start playing Phantom Brave or Chrono Cross again after this.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2006, 06:11:32 AM »

My quest to conquer FFXII continues this week. I just finished with Judge Ghis and I'm moving forward. Hoorah!

Also, might start Atelier Iris 2 after Anime North. Two weeks until con time, baby.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2006, 11:45:09 AM »

Wow, a lot of people are giving up on ToL and not even trying the character quests.  They are the best part of the game (if you like the characters).  The first part of the game (the main quest) is bleh.  The second part of the game made the game worthwhile for me since it was a heck of a lot more interesting.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2006, 11:08:29 PM »

FFVII is finished! Just in time for the New Super Mario Bros.

I'm so fucking excited!
noblearrogant

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2006, 04:17:38 AM »

Let's see...

Persona 2:Eternal Punishment

I'm stuck(ish),can't beat Ulala/joker but then again i only tried like 5 times,i think it's time for some leveling up

Final Fantasy V

Just beat the guns on the flying ruins and got killed before i could reach the save point,had enough of FF and left it there
PS:this game is way longer than i expected
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2006, 07:59:48 AM »

Ulala Joker's not hard.  Just remember, when she (or any joker) casts Old Maid, have everyone defend and they'll be fine.  I believe 3-way earth attacks gave her massive damage.  

Persona 2 is one of those games where power levelling will NOT help much, since you can equip personae up to 5 levels higher than you.  It's all about exploiting your enemies' weaknesses.  

The bosses in that game only get tougher from here on out.  But they're never cheap.  They're all beatable once you use your brain.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2006, 01:03:34 PM »

I recently acquired Digital Devil Saga and Digital Devil Saga 2. Playing the first one now.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2006, 01:26:24 PM »

Ash, your avatar is pretty fucking epic right now.

I beat Harmony of Dissonance and started Circle of the Moon which I like more.  Myau is still playing Shenmue II.

Oh, and we rented God of War from swapgame.com, so we are gonna go play that now, bai.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2006, 06:06:21 PM »

So remember how I said I was going to try to beat a game this past weekend? Yeah... that didn't work out quite as planned, especially seeing as my friend convinced me to renew my WoW subscription. In turn, no games were beaten, and two new characters were created on the server that a bunch of my friends have just started playing on.

Also, starting tomorrow, I am going to do make a detailed list of all my games, including how far in I am, the amount of time and effort it would take to beat them, and what order I am going to beat them in. Hopefully it will help me get through my back catalog quicker.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »

Oh Superflat, you are not alone in your WoW problem. I lost my internet all weekend (until now actually) and I tried to play a few of the games I was playing and couldnt stay focused for more than 20mins. I really need to set some time aside and play my PS2.

There is so much WoW news I wont even bother.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2006, 10:02:27 PM »

Bet y'all are sick of me talking about Ever 17 by now, huh?  I already gave it a glowing review with the RPGfan seal of approval and helped put Hirameki on the map, but I just completed the unlockable
Code:
Coco
scenario in the game and now the storyline makes so much sense.  There were so many plot twists.  Some I really wasn't expecting, one I should've realized had I been paying attention, and one that utilized the idea of the
Code:
4D
perspective.  This final plot twist was extremely extremely extremely well done; it was smooth like buttah.  I heard Star Ocean 3 also attempted a
Code:
4D
plot twist but executed it very poorly.  

Ever17= the absolute bestest visual novel ever!  And still my all time favorite video game.  Even though I am aware of the whole story and have no more reason to play it... I still want to keep playing it, because the storyline and characters are so wonderful.  It's like despite them being mere digital images, I have a connection to them; a connection that's strengthened even more since I now know the truth about LeMU and all of that.  I want to play the game more often now and see if I can catch more hints at the plot twists that I may have missed.  

I never thought a video game could capture my soul quite like this, but Ever 17 has.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2006, 12:03:49 AM »

Started up Atelier Iris 2 today. It really isn't all that good so far (about 4 hours in). I've played cliche games before, but...wow.

I mean, the world pretty much blows up within the first 20 minutes of gameplay. And there's a talking sword :P
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2006, 01:31:49 PM »

The New Super Mario Bros. game is fantastic oldschool goodness. Aside from a few new moves and power-ups it is technically the same as SMB3 and SMW, but my only real complaint is the apparent lack of a flight power-up. I've only made it through the first world, so I guess one may still show up.

But I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad that I finished the first world with forty-one lives...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: