Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334825 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 71804 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2006, 03:19:08 PM »

Huh so Atelier Iris 2 isn't all that great?   I was thinking about starting that one up since I don't feel like playing SH:FTNW.  I do think about playing Metal Saga but there is so much to do, it's kind of daunting.  Also I haven't truely finished a console RPG in a while and I heard AI2 was short and easy.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2006, 03:21:45 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
But I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad that I finished the first world with forty-one lives...

I'd just be happy, it gets a bit harder later. Not 'holy shit impossible', but unless you're just trying to blast through the game without finding anything, it'll act as good insurance.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2006, 07:11:54 PM »

Yea, I'm being a completionist kind of. I warped to World Five from World Two, but went back to finish World Two and am now in World Three.

Still a little miffed there isn't a flight powerup.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2006, 08:03:58 PM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
Started up Atelier Iris 2 today. It really isn't all that good so far (about 4 hours in). I've played cliche games before, but...wow.

I mean, the world pretty much blows up within the first 20 minutes of gameplay. And there's a talking sword :P

Uhhh, and the first Atelier Iris game WASN'T a cavalcade of cliches?  C'mon.  The Atelier games are more about the gameplay and characters, not event-based plotlines.  

I loved Atelier Iris.  The plot was a throwaway plot, but the charming characters and their development won me over.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2006, 10:34:30 PM »

Holy Mario! Getting to World 4 was HARD! Haven't played any of World 4 yet, but I'm hoping it is easier than getting to it was.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2006, 10:53:02 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
Uhhh, and the first Atelier Iris game WASN'T a cavalcade of cliches?  C'mon.  The Atelier games are more about the gameplay and characters, not event-based plotlines.  

I loved Atelier Iris.  The plot was a throwaway plot, but the charming characters and their development won me over.

Well, I only played four hours yesterday, so of course my opinions aren't set in stone :P

I played another four hours today, and it's definately getting better. While I don't really like the synthesis system in this one as much as I did in the first, I'm glad that I'm finally able to tinker with it. It's also great to have a full party of three. I'm also finding the Skill system oddly addicting, and can see myself mastering everything for all the characters. Well...scratch that. We'll see how the rest of the game turns out :P

Anyways, I just got to
Code:
Athena Forest, and got Fee on my side.

Edit: Also, for anyone who has played this: Am I supposed to have a giant TV to play this, because the text is incredibly difficult to read.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2006, 12:08:08 AM »

Ugh, don't tell me for Atelier Iris 2 they kept the text size infinitessimal.  That was my biggest complaint regarding the first one.  That's a showstopper for me, since my eyesight isn't that great.  

Tomorrow I'll start Hourglass of Summer.  Tonight I officially got all 11 endings in Ever 17.  Oddly enough, though I got all 11 endings and have all 126 scenes, I don't have 100% completion yet.  There are still a few paths and a few percentage points I don't have... but I think I know how to get them.  

I need to get over my obsession with this game.  I do like the little prizes I won in the Ever 17 character poll drawing, though.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2006, 12:28:31 AM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
Ugh, don't tell me for Atelier Iris 2 they kept the text size infinitessimal.  That was my biggest complaint regarding the first one.  That's a showstopper for me, since my eyesight isn't that great.  

The in-game text is definately legible, but when you are synthesizing items, you can add different effects to the items you make, which appear at the bottom of the cards. This is where the text is unreadable. It's so small, and so blurry, that I can't even begin to guess as to what some of the effects say. Which is bad, because you want to be able to read what effects your items are going to have....
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2006, 11:18:13 AM »

Yes, I am still playing DQVIII. Somewhere over 80 hours now. I am in some  town called tyran gully or something. place where monsters and people live in harmony and all that. I went to slime land to get me some metal slimes, but it's just so frustrating. The constant running away drives me bonkers. I'm not sure it's even worth it when you finally kill one or two. Fuck it, I'm just moving on.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2006, 12:07:40 PM »

Metal Saga -  I beat the ghost tanks and the Disassembler and collected the bounties.  I also got a panzer which is the best tank I have collected so far.  The only problem is that I'm trying to figure out which tank I should switch out for it.  I like my mosquito and I like the buggy so maybe the demag.  Hell I don't know.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2006, 02:28:44 PM »

I'm to the first tower in World Six. I don't even want to think about getting to World Seven right now because it will be painful trying to. I think I'll probably just go ahead and finish the game and then go back to World Seven and play through it.

While Mega Mario is useful, it is really ONLY useful in wide open areas where enemies are easy to dodge or kill anyway. Stars would be more useful in more confined places, but I've only found one Star in the whole game so far and I don't even remember where it was.

I did have a fun air battle with Lakitus in 6-A (I think anyway). Stole one's cloud and more just kept coming so I'd shoot them down. I was able to use their clouds through the whole level :D

Still kind of mad there isn't a flight power-up.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2006, 02:57:04 PM »

Circle of the Moon has reached "monotonous" status now.

God of War is pretty fucking cool, yo.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2006, 12:09:44 AM »

I'm about ten hours into Atelier Iris 2.

Code:
I just got Poe, which is the kid version of Delsus, for those who have played the first game. He's cool, except his stats suck. I'll wait for his stats and skill list to develop more before I actually decide whether I'll use him or not

It's awesome how characters that you aren't using in battles get the same amount of experience and skill points as the characters in battle. Did they do that with the AI:EM?
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2006, 05:03:51 PM »

I cheated. I Mega Mario'd Bowser in World Eight to finish the game. It was kind of funny, I didn't know for sure if it would work, but I just stepped on him and that was the end of it, heh.

After that I went back to the World Four ghost house and found the exit that lead to the World Seven warp/cannon since I don't even want to try beating World Five's boss as Mini Mario. I like World Seven a lot. My favorite world in SMB3 was World Five, The Sky, and World Seven does a good job living up to that world. So far my favorite was World Six, it was fun, but World Seven has the potential to pass it :D

The only thing I've found that would be considered as "unlockables" after you finish the game are alternate skins for the lower screen. The thing is, they cost 20 star coins and that's not worth it for just a stupid skin.

EDIT: Finished World Seven. Not long enough to surpass World Six in fun factor, but decent.

I guess I'm finished with it for now then. I guess I can finally get back to Magna Carta heheh...I don't remember what was going on in that game anymore, but I'm not starting over :P
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2006, 06:17:14 PM »

I finished up Tales of Legendia and won't do the CQs for now. I don't know what I'll do next. It'll either be finishing Phantom Brave or Chrono Cross.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: