Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 04:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327632 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 70748 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2006, 09:01:29 AM »

DQVIII - clock is around 87 hours. I played Dark Cloud 2 for 87 hours. That was my highest game time ever. Not sure this is a good thing.
I beat the flying dog and Marcello last night. I am surprised at how easy both of these bosses were.
Seems I'm almost done with this thing.
Anyone wanna chime in with what level you were when heading to the final area? my hero is currently lvl 39. I'm thinking of getting him to 40, then going for it.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2006, 11:53:56 AM »

AI:2 -  I'm actually in episode 22.  Because I switch so much between the characters I think I finish off Viese's chapter while doing Felt's chapter.  The chapters are now blending in together.  Anyways, it's getting tough and some of my people are dying in regular fights.  I'm now hanging around a camp site and leveling up.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2006, 03:17:41 AM »

@Grim - You've still got a ways to go, bud, seeing as though the final area that you speak of isn't really the final area :P

I think I was a few levels higher than you are now when I got to that point, but that's just because I powerleveled a bit in the Dragon Graveyard (there's a nice spot with tons of Liquid Metal Slimes). I can't really comment how difficult the next area will be for you though. I mean, I had a pretty rough time getting through it (I remember the monsters doing pretty outrageous damage).

As long as you don't use AI controlled party members, thus controling your MP efficiently, I think you'll do fine.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2006, 06:19:18 AM »

I played some Sonic and Knuckles last night, because I was really in the mood for it, and when I was young I never bothered going beyond the third level. I got right to the end of the third level...and had to turn it off to go out :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

I just start zelda minish cap , stay now for the montain gongol =) , is pretty amazing this game, i like the music so much, and the graphics for be a gba are very nice

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: May 28, 2006, 01:02:54 AM »

I'm actually playing a lot of GTA: San Andreas lately.  Yeah, it's unfashionable but i'm having a pretty good time with it.  I've never really spent a lot of time with a GTA game so I figured i'd play one to completion.  It does have some role-playing elements to it to keep things interesting plus the low-rider "rhythm" missions are entertaining.

Bad publicity and punk-ass fanboys aside...it is a technically sound and fun game.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: May 28, 2006, 08:49:52 PM »

AI2 -  I just wrapped this baby up.  I had a hard time with the main boss so I exited and did the dragon arena.  I then went and read the stone pillar that I missed the first time.  So when I entered the last dungeon I got the cure crystal recipe which helps big time.  I did die the second attempt becaue I didn't have anything to revive my party members but the third time I was prepared.  All I did was charge until Grey could do his holy skill.  I forgot the name but it was a level 3 magic attack and it started with an I.  Anyways, it did between 4000-6000 damage.  The ending didn't stall on me but it could have been a better ending.

Currently Reading: 

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2006, 12:17:49 AM »

Just finished Grim Fandango all of 20 minutes. It was fun, but I think I might have enjoyed it more if I hadn't used an FAQ as much as I did (which was a lot).

I also (kind of) tricked my mom into buying New Super Mario Bros. because she shares a DS with my sister and I have yet to get one, so for now she has ownership of it, but I figure she'll forget/get bored by the time I get a DS.

Finally, as for whats on my plate as far as games go, my sig has most of the info, but specifically, I'm going to beat SotC as fast as I can and move on from there. As I have said before, I have way to many games on my backlog (barely touched DQVIII, put 15 hours into Oblivion but we all know how long that one takes, maybe 8 hours in Nocturne, 5 in DDS1, and a bunch in GTA, not to mention I want to get my GW played time up to roughly 30 hours before I stop so that it is at least close to worth the purchase). So yeah, SotC followed by GRAW (with some WoW and NSMB on the side), and maybe after that I'll go for DDS1 so I can get to DDS2.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2006, 06:23:05 AM »

I've been playing Dreamfall: The Longest Journey recently. Currently on chapter 4.

The first time I heard of this game, the name kind of made me laugh. Anyways, so far so good. I didn't use the pebbles found in the fourth chapter...decided to beat up the trolls instead. Not sure what to do with the pebbles now. Need to find a way out of the winding cave at the top.

My brother and I have been playing F.E.A.R.

Nice game. We finished it last week. Scary, loved the inconclusive ending. :P

Code:
Who's prototype one, though? Alma Wade or the character you play?

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2006, 04:03:46 PM »

Started playing Golden Sun again since DoA3 has reached the LOL BORING stage since the unlockable stuff is nowhere as deep as the second game.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2006, 12:01:35 PM »

Steambot Chronicles -  For a non-linear game, this game seems linear to me.  Since I joined the band, I have to follow them to their concerts and I can't go off and explore.  Parts of the world I've already visited, can't be revisited at this time.  Perhaps I have to beat the main story line first in order to do all the sidequests I want to.

Currently Reading: 

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2006, 02:58:15 AM »

After a rather lenghty hiatus from gaming, I went ahead and started Snatcher. Heard a lot of good things about the game but never played it before.

Currently playing through Act 2 and trying to figure out the name of the fucking hospital. The game is giving me all these hints but it seems I'm thick-headed cause I can't figure out what the hell it is. Other than that, I'm enjoying this quite a bit. Hopefully it's not too short.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2006, 02:15:46 PM »

Steambot Chronicles -  I finally got to a spot in the story where I have no gigs and I can wander around some.  Yay!

Currently Reading: 

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2006, 02:19:35 PM »

Dreamfall...

Chapter 8. Or is it 9? Not sure. It's the one after "All that we see and seem..."

No idea where Zoe is now. My computer was freezing up a little (after a few hours of gameplay, 'course) so I'm done for the moment.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2006, 06:46:07 PM »

I played Resident Evil 4 a bit today. I haven't really played since....well....I beat Grandia III, which was about 3 games ago :P

I'm getting pissed too easily at it though. I got to the area a little bit past those giant golem things (in the sewer/cavern place), and now have to go through some freakishly long trial to get some Lion's Sacrifice. But I keep getting killed in the first room. There's just something incredibly annoying about getting trapped in a room with two chainsaw guys, and have dozens of normal zombie people burst in through the doors. The fact that I have hardly any ammo doesn't really help the situation (I wasted it all on the giant).

Damn this game is hard :P
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: