Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 08:01:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330159 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 71211 times)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2006, 06:09:04 PM »

Yeah, so, I got an Xbox 360, and Oblivion.

Haven't had the chance to play a whole lot yet due to work and stuff. What I played was cool though, killed a whole bunch of bandits.

One annoying thing: in the few FMV's there's been, the sound cuts out every few seconds. Anyone else had this problem?

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 13, 2006, 09:20:04 PM »

Beat the Spires of Ravenloft module for NWN. Will either return to SuikV or play more NWN.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
!!!
« Reply #242 on: June 13, 2006, 10:33:41 PM »

I'm to Baccarat in Dragon Quest VIII and am on my way to Argonia. I love this game...I can't even explain why because normally I would hate it. I almost can't stand saying this, but I think a large part of it is the fantastic world it takes place in. It's huge and gorgeous. Grandia III had some of the best looking environments I've ever seen in a game, but I think DQVIII manages to top it at times. Everytime I climb a hill with a good view I have to stop and look around because the world is just so massive.

Of course the humor in the game manages to keep me entertained fairly well. If Grandia III had remained humorous throughout the game it would probably be one of my favorite RPGs. My game clock is at twenty-four hours in DQVIII and it is still humorous even in battle. Like when the Sirens on the ocean try to use the Puff puff ability (or whatever it's called) on Jessica and it says something to the extent of, "But Jessica wins the battle of the bulge."

OMG!
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2006, 12:31:13 AM »

So I just finished my last final today, which means that I am essentially done with school for the year. That also means that I should be able to get through a few games before the summer is done, namely Shadow of the Colossus, SuikV, and DDS1 (probably in that order, and there might be time for annother game or two, but there's always WoW and other such time-sinks to attend to).
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2006, 10:02:46 PM »

Thirty-two hours into DQVIII. I've played it far too much today. I'm about to make my assault on the Dark Ruins. Hero's current level is twenty-seven.

I checked an Alchemy guide on GameFAQs and found I had all the ingredients necessary to make a Demon Spear, which is the best spear you can produce using the Alchemy Pot apparently. So I made one and Hero is now rocking hardcore.

I also finally found out what Cheese is good for when I used a Chilly Cheese I had made in battle. Awesome.

EDIT: I power leveled for a few hours and then went and owned Dhoulmagus. It would have been a decently hard battle if Sap hadn't worked on him. But I cast it three times, then cast Oomph on Hero and Yangus and he fell pretty easily with both of them doing 200-220 damage every turn.

Code:
I kind of figured when the King was still cursed that it wasn't Dhoulmagus, but the staff who is the real villain. I'm assuming this Rhapthorne person those Lost Souls were talking about is sealed in the staff and, oh shit, is controlling Jessica.

A tad predictable, but oh well.
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2006, 05:29:56 PM »

Oblivion - Joined the Thief's Guild, working on some quests inside the Imperial City.

I had a stupid dream

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2006, 06:14:29 PM »

I've been addicted to Table Tennis on the 360 lately.  It's super hard to even find a match online and it's probably because a lot of people are ignoring the game.  Too bad about that though because it's super fun.

I also picked up Moto GP '06 today and I'll probably be playing that a lot over the next few weeks.  My copy of Front Mission 3 should be coming in the mail soon too:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2006, 06:38:37 PM »

About 5-6 hours into Aveyond with Ellini and Dameon in the party.  Dunno where to find a bottle to capture a fairy for the Mountain King.

UPDATE:  The witches are hysterical.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »

Playing God of War. I'm enjoying the simplicity of it all. Every now and then you need a "Beat the shit out of everything and anything" game. This is very well done. I am saved on the rooftops of Athens.
I bought Nan Parappa the Rapper after listening to her complain about not owning for quite a while. That game looks damn pixelly(word?) now, but she likes it well enough. You gotta believe!

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2006, 07:11:35 AM »

I'm absolutely loving Oblivion. Still doing side-quests and some burglary in the Imperial City, I'm going to go explore the world very soon.

The arena is incredibly fun, although so far easy. I've won the first three fights without taking damage!

I had a stupid dream

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2006, 11:48:32 PM »

Forty-five hours into Dragon Quest VIII and Hero's level is thirty-two. I just saved some herb medicine dude, don't remember his name, and the party had another "oh shit" moment shortly after.

As I said a few pages ago, I usually get tired of games after forty hours, but that has yet to happen for DQVIII. Anyway, I made a Blizzard Blade and sold it for a ton of money and was very happy.

I was trying to get it finished before I started my single class at school this summer, but I've failed since my class starts on Monday. I'm hoping to have enough time to get it finished by next weekend though.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2006, 03:02:34 AM »

After a long break from Kingdom Hearts 2, I finally began playing it again today. I finished up the second go-around at the Pride Lands, and am now inside this giant Death Star thing.

I just beat another Organization XIII guy (he had an eyepatch), and right now, I have no clue what the heck is going on. Funny how I'm still loving the story despite this :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 18, 2006, 03:56:20 AM »

Started up Baldur's Gate again.

I don't think I can return to NWN's main campaign now, this already feels like a better game. :P
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2006, 12:04:23 PM »

I started up Xenosaga again for the second time this year after I didn't feel like watching and barely playing the first time and deleted my data. I'm going to skip all the scenes up until I was last time where I was still on the Woglinde.
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2006, 03:26:03 PM »

Oblivion - Finished up the quests I'd started in the Imperial City, and did a bit of exploring. Ended up in Bruma, which is very pretty. Absolutely loving this game. Also reached Level 2!

I had a stupid dream

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: