Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 04:40:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341078 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 72541 times)
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: June 21, 2006, 01:21:54 PM »

Also certain characters are missable permanently, namely
Code:
Byakuren, Killey, Sagiri, Nakula, Oboro, Fuyo, Shigure, Cathari and probably some more as well. I would suggest, if you don't want to play the game again and deal with the prologue's arguable boring-ness, get all the stars on the first playthrough. The good ending's worth it.

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: June 21, 2006, 05:17:50 PM »

Oblivion - Been fighting through the arena to make some cash, as well as doing another side quest in The Imperial City, and one in Bruma. I love murdering people and then looting their houses!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: June 21, 2006, 07:13:51 PM »

Well, I just finished Aveyond and the review is forthcoming.  I tell you, even at level 60, the final boss is supremely tough.  However, there is
Code:
an easy way out.  You can choose to join the final boss, avoid the battle entirely, and get a "bad" ending where you become the most feared demon of destruction in the world.  

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: June 21, 2006, 10:58:40 PM »

I've blazed through Resident Evil 4 and am now at the island. I didn't have much trouble with any of the bosses. I'm glad that I've maxed out my Red9 and will get the exclusive upgrade when I have enough cash. I'm also glad that I bought a Striker to replace my shotgun. I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to fight the second Verduga since fighting the first one was more exciting than any other boss

I started up a character on Monster Hunter since my friend let me borrow the game. I got the cheapest equipment and did all the basic quests and I don't think I should go online just yet. It sucks not having a USB keyboard.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: June 21, 2006, 11:04:42 PM »

I started up Final Fantasy Tactics today, and was reminded about how much I suck at strategy games :P
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2006, 02:38:04 PM »

Game clock just hit sixty hours in DQVIII. My hero's level is 38 and I'm about to make my way to the floating island or whatever near Savella Cathedral. I'm getting close to being finished I hope, because I'm beginning to get tired of the game. I've come this far, so I'm going to finish it, but it is time for the game to be over now.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2006, 05:00:17 PM »

Oblivion - Still fighting through the arena, have reached Gladiator status. Good way to make some cash. Did another Imperial City quest, and a great one in Bruma, which involved finding landmarks to reach a lost castle, full of skeleton soldiers and ogres.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2006, 05:17:41 PM »

Still in a console gaming slump. None of my PS2 games interest me in the least, so recently most of my game time has been devoted to WoW and Fifa World Cup 2006.

After having played on the Horde side on a PVP server pretty much ever since I first began playing WoW, I recently switched over to Alliance on a RP server. I'm really enjoying the more laid-back feeling of the RP server, and Alliance starter zones are so much nicer than the Horde ones.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: June 23, 2006, 11:03:30 AM »

Still chugging along in Suikoden V. Haven't made it very far as I spend all my time after every event looking for new people to recruit.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: June 23, 2006, 11:30:23 AM »

DQ8 -  I had intended to play just for an hour last night but time slipped away from me and I ended playing for 2.  Anyways, fought the boss battle in Arcadia and Leopold is missing.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: June 23, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »

I was running around killing Liquid Metal and King Metal Slimes for about four hours last night. 70,000+ Experience for one battle? Yes please. I power leveled Hero to level 44. Hero, Yangus, and Jessica all have maxed skill sets now.

Hustle Dance = Hilarious
Golden Oldies = Hilarious

So much for being sick of the game.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2006, 04:06:09 PM »

I beat Resident Evil 4 today. None of the bosses were hard at all and fighting Krauser was a joke. I tried out Mercenaries and I suck at it. I'll be playing some of that mode and Assignment Ada before I go back to Monster Hunter and Xenosaga.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: June 23, 2006, 09:09:55 PM »

So my birthday is coming up next Friday, but since my sister is leaving for camp tomorrow she gave me her present today, Advance Wars DS. I just started, and have beaten the first three missions. Pretty much the same Advance Wars we all know and love, but I haven't really had the chance to get too into it yet, so I think it will become a bit more interesting with the top screen and all.

Haven't played any SuikV in a bit and I'm still at Agate Prison. As far as NSMB goes, I'm almost done (up to 8-Tower2), but I haven't done any of the secret worlds or gone for 100% (those will come later).
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: June 23, 2006, 09:52:50 PM »

My friend and I went over to eachother's houses to finish MGS3. Although I think the story isn't as good as the other two, the gameplay was just fantastic. As hard as it was, it was really rewarding in the end, especially the chase scenes. Those were stunning.

Also...

Code:
Ocelot was a pussy back then. Also, usually I look forward to the little "plot twist phone-call" that happens at the end of each game, and usually I get chills, but when this game finished, I realized that there wasn't anything nearly as outstanding or chilling as the first two. It was like "Ocelot's ADAM? Who's ADAM?"

Still, I really enjoyed the game. If the next MGS can find the balance between the plot of the first two Solid's and the gameplay of this game, and I bet it can, then damn. That's just gonna be amazing.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 24, 2006, 03:22:35 AM »

Quote from: "Merkava"
Code:
Ocelot was a pussy back then. Also, usually I look forward to the little "plot twist phone-call" that happens at the end of each game, and usually I get chills, but when this game finished, I realized that there wasn't anything nearly as outstanding or chilling as the first two. It was like "Ocelot's ADAM? Who's ADAM?"

Err...
Code:
They brought that back up in the ending, shortly before the credit roll - Two NSA codebreakers supposedly defected to the USSR, 'Adam' and 'Eva'. Adam - Ocelot - was supposed to meet with Snake when he arrived. Instead, the fake Eva - Tatyana- got there first, and killed Ocelot's troops. I don't think anyone knew who 'Eva' was supposed to be, aside from the fact the codename applied to a man, but I think he may've been dead prior. Tatyana used Snake's ignorance on who was who to play the role of Eva and hopefully get the Philosopher's Legacy. Obviously, that fell through.

Edit: Is there some way to program it so any coding used automatically can tell if it's closed? Or unless it's a highly used feature for everyone, to just disable the auto-close-on-post or something?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: