Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 06:13:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330153 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 71209 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: June 28, 2006, 10:34:50 AM »

I started playing Grandia III last night and i'm around 3 hours or so into the game.  Seems very by-the-numbers so far but it's got the battle system and the music is o.k.  I'll give it another go tonight I guess but I can't see myselft playing this one too long unless something really surprising happens.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: June 28, 2006, 12:51:18 PM »

I finally own a real copy of Tales of Destiny.  Problem is, the game is NTSC and we live in England.

Yuck.

Started it up using an emu, but LOL it crashed.

So needless to say, no ToD for me for some time.  :(

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2006, 02:57:57 PM »

Played a bit more of DOA4, SuikV, WoW, and Advance Wars. Nothing really eventful happened. I'm also leaving tomorrow for Europe for a month (until July 27), so I probably won't be around the forums.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2006, 01:55:46 AM »

Sat on Tomba for awhile, but went and beat it, and just discovered I was a stone's throw from beating the game.
Code:
I wasn't sure who/where the 'last friend' was, or even how many I got in all, so I decided to return to the Mysterious Room to see just how many I had. Then saw that the dog was the final one, and went to the final boss immediately, and beat him.

I was hoping for a final stage or the closest this game would have, but it went straight to the final fight. Now that I think about it, while the game did take me 10 hours, I'm really disappointed at just how little area there actually was to the entire game. I must've covered at least half the game area when I rented it. Nevertheless, had fun with it, and only minimal skipping during the movies. Also noticed GQD had the sequel for sale still there, I should get that sooner or later.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2006, 05:32:30 AM »

I can't sleep tonight, so I popped in FFIV Advance and tackled the Lunar Ruins. I'm to Kain's area but I was owned by the boss.

EDIT: Holy shit...my party is fucking awesome thanks to all the treasure in the Lunar Ruins. Cecil, Kain, and Cid all have 255 attack power! Palom and Porom are also rocking, though Palom is interchangeable with Rydia. I also fought Zeromus EG a couple of times. I was kind of disappointed, he was pretty easy. But apparently there is another optional boss once you've completed each character's area. Though I have to admit I was pretty disappointed by the areas in general. I was hoping for a little more character development but the only character who was given any was Kain and his was pretty damn good.

So all I have left is that other optional boss fight. After that I may go own the shit out of Zeromus just for the hell of it as my characters are around level 80.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: July 02, 2006, 11:29:40 PM »

My characters were level 85 in FFIV Advance and I owned the shit out of the optional boss, Brachioradios. Still kind of a tough fight though because of his whirlwind and Globe 199 attacks that instantly killed whoever he hit. I don't think I've ever cast Full-Life as many times as I did in this battle. After that I warped out of the Lunar Ruins and went and beat the crap out of Zeromus without any trouble at all and watched the ending.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: July 03, 2006, 12:16:45 AM »

Chrono Cross- Im going around killing the dragons for their shit.  Umm, Im a smidge annoyed after I found out I made all the wrong choices for the chracters I wanted.  Meh.  Furthermore, this game is fantastic, I feel bad many people didn't like it.  

The battle system I feel it is actually worth praising for being pretty interesting; and the story rocks too (but Im into time and dimensions and space).  

On the other hand, the game has very shitty, shitty artwork and character portraits look like they took less than 5 minutes to colour using a crayola marker...
Code:
Speaking Kid is Schala, she looks awful, you'd think she'd be better looking.  Although somewhat "cute" her speech is also pretty annoying.  Same goes for Kid's counterpart, Harle, though lovely yet pointless jester attire.  

Reading and interpreting nearly 20 different accents and speech patterns per hour has lowered my IQ and speelling ability.

Gourgeous graphics and this game has probably some of the best music written for a game.

By the way, any Chrono buffs here know what the connection is between Radical Dreamers and this title?  From what I heard Serge, Kid, and the (in early stages) Magus are the lead characters, but alas have no memory of the dealie in CC.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: July 03, 2006, 12:40:41 AM »

You should have Fargo in your party when you fight the dragons so you can get the plates.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: July 03, 2006, 01:06:09 AM »

Gotcha.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: July 03, 2006, 11:00:38 AM »

Still playing God of War. Still enjoying it despite falling about 10 million times trying to get through the "Blades of Hades" section.  I am now in the Cliffs of Madness area.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: July 03, 2006, 12:15:37 PM »

By the way, any Chrono buffs here know what the connection is between Radical Dreamers and this title? From what I heard Serge, Kid, and the (in early stages) Magus are the lead characters, but alas have no memory of the dealie in CC.

The way I understood it...

Code:
Radical Dreamers was just suppose to be another in the vast ocean of worlds.  In fact, that's what they call it in Chrono Cross.  When you reach Chronolopolis there are a few documents you can find that give you the opening scene and little dialogue clips... after you read them, your companions mention how they must be from 'another world.'  The game is about Serge, Kid and Janus...  Serge and Kid seem quiet a bit more mature I'd say.  It involves them sneaking into the Viper manor and stealing the Frozen Flame (sound familiar?).  I can't call the game an RPG, it plays  alot like a text adventure game.  It's VERY interesting.  Some of the music from it was actually remade for CC too!  You should try to play it... by any means necessary. :P
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: July 03, 2006, 02:02:33 PM »

I just left the Cathedral Ship in Xenosaga after being in there for a few hours. The actual gameplay has picked up a bit but I like the cutscenes more.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: July 03, 2006, 02:40:24 PM »

So I'm replaying Metroid Prime 2, and I got all the keys for the Dark Torvus temple.  Now a few rooms before the lock, there's a save point, and immediately to the left of the lock is an ammo station.  How convenient.  I thought to myself "Okay, I'll go ahead and unlock this thing before I save and restock my ammo, so in case I die I'll just be able to go straight to the boss without having to sit through the unlocking scene."

Nope. :P

As soon as you use the keys, you fight the damn boss.  There I was with about half my energy and ten missiles, fighting an absolute bitch of a boss.  I won of course, but it sure as hell was a lot more drawn out than I would have liked. :P

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: July 05, 2006, 02:12:54 AM »

I quit Final Fantasy Tactics three hours after I started playing it. Nice :P

So I decided to spend a little cash, since the next set of RPG release dates won't be starting until late September. I went onto eBay and bought new copies of Dark Cloud and Xenogears.

Dark Cloud got here in the mail yesterday, so I've been playing around with that for about six hours. I just got to the first boss and died.
This game is pretty tough, I have to say. I'm really missing the whole Dark Cloud 2 weapon system, and how your weapons don't dissapear forever if they break...

It's fun though. I think I'll enjoy it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 05, 2006, 07:03:12 PM »

For some god damn reason, I decided to put in Vagrant Story and restart it, despite other, newer games sitting around. I dunno how far i'll get, but hopefully I've learned enough over the years to do better at this than when I originally played.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: