Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 10:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341147 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #2 on the new(ish) boards  (Read 72576 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: July 06, 2006, 10:52:31 PM »

I played through Dark Cloud a bit more yesterday, but I find that I'm progressing through it very slowly. I'm still a bit weirded out that my weapons can break if I forget to fix them in time. I've restarted the game a lot because of this :P

Anyway, I just got to the third level of the Wise Owl Forest. I'll start playing again in a bit.

Xenogears also arrived in the mail today, and I can't wait to start that sucker up.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: July 06, 2006, 11:16:59 PM »

I've been playing some Xenosaga and am getting my ass handed to me by Tiamat. Using AGWSes are out of the question, since I never bothered getting them better equipment.
Lt. Fukai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: July 07, 2006, 12:27:42 PM »

I started a new game of Xenosaga again; I hope finish the f*****g game this time. >.< Also I have Xenogears and Chrono Cross at my uncle’s house (his house is in the states, so I make my Internet orders to ship on his address); I suppose I will go soon to his house to get the games.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: July 07, 2006, 01:48:01 PM »

Quote from: "Sazabirules"
I've been playing some Xenosaga and am getting my ass handed to me by Tiamat. Using AGWSes are out of the question, since I never bothered getting them better equipment.

Tiamat was so freaking hard. When I would ask for advice, people would say "ok, just make sure the finishing blow is from either Shion or Jr, then repeat." The problem was, I would die before I could even get him down to half his HP. I got lucky after quite a few tries, but it was ridiculous.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 08, 2006, 03:56:03 AM »

Been playing Vagrant Story, nearing the 10 hour point. Enjoying it a lot, but I'm getting annoyed at small things. Some are oversights, but one thing pissed me off and makes no sense: Being unable to equip/unequip items, or disassemble them, when you're going through loot. If they didn't allow you to do this in combat or something, that would make sense. But if I can undress and redress, switch weapons, and pop in gems in my equipment while a dragon is towering over me, I can at least fucking remove a helmet to throw away while sorting through loot. Hell, at least /leave it there/ if it came out of a treasure chest.

Grah, at least I didn't make much progress past the last save point there. :P
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2006, 04:28:11 AM »

13 hours or so in Dark Cloud. I just go to the abandoned pirate ship place in Queens, and've been trying to boost up some of my weapons. I still haven't been able to evolve any of my weapons into something new...

Finally I'm out of that stupid forest. Every freaking enemy had a poison attack!
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: July 10, 2006, 01:32:50 AM »

So I finally picked up where I left off in Tales of Symphonia (Shadow Temple... this was maybe 4 months ago, thank god there's a Synopsis option to get me refreshed on what happened) and played around 12-14 hours the past weekend to finally beat it. The story does absolutely nothing for me, but the battle system makes up for everything I didn't like about it. It's just so fun, smooth, clean, and action-packed-- color me impressed.

I was kinda forced to play my Gamecube RPGs because my brother took the PS2 out of my room and put it in his, and I'm too lazy to hook everything back up into mine. Well, not so much lazy.. more indifferent. And I don't like playing video games in his room, so Gamecube it is. The next game I'm thinking of tackling is either Baten Kaitos or Fire Emblem.

Or maybe I should just keep playing Dark Cloud... I'm at the Queens Pirate Ship right now. Plus, the whole town-building aspect of the game is fun.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: July 10, 2006, 01:58:36 PM »

I'm not into gaming too much now.  I haven't played anything for weeks, well other than a session of DDR.  

I sold back Atelier Iris 2 and Metal Saga.  I'm still struggling to finish some of the "meh" games and I'm so tempted to sell them back without finishing them.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: July 10, 2006, 02:25:51 PM »

Finished God of War. Fun, entertaining game.  Nothing complicated about it at all. My kind of game.

Popped in Suiko V to get back in the rpg groove. About to head off to Stormfist.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: July 10, 2006, 02:39:07 PM »

Enjoy that game, Raist.....it's fucking great, a few minor faults aside.

Picked up a used copy of Fire Emblem GCN....I love it already. I havent played a Fire Emblem game yet, but I saw a copy of the Sacred Stones that would match my DS Lite very nicely.

Hmmm....any suggestions on which game is better that I should tackle first? I havent played an SRPG since Disgaea so I'm really wanting something fun and not overly complicated.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: July 10, 2006, 04:28:28 PM »

Quote from: "sandiny0ursh0es"
So I finally picked up where I left off in Tales of Symphonia.

...Uh, me too.

Well, I restarted it since I have tried to start it twice so far.  But since I can't start ToD or play more of ToE and since I finished ToP, I need...  More Tales.  So I restarted ToS in hope of making it somewhere.

...And I played it for six hours straight last night.

Wow, so good.

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: July 10, 2006, 05:01:17 PM »

Well I finally beat Tiamat. I went back and got the Double Buster, which is probably the main reason I actually suceeded this time and I leveled up twice with each of my characters. Too bad I didn't kill him when the 2x/4x/10x points slot was on.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: July 11, 2006, 11:40:37 AM »

SH:FTNW - I finished up the Salt place and am now revisiting old areas before I go to Johnny's old haunt.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: July 11, 2006, 05:58:16 PM »

Tales.

Code:
Met Sheena.  She reminds me of...  Collette.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2006, 06:56:19 PM »

Playing more Ahriman's Prophecy.  Fun game, though the old-school-Ys style battle system still takes some getting used to.  As is par for the course with an Amanda Fae game, there is a great sense of humor as well as drama in the plot.  What's also nice in the game is that during certain plot points, the characters actually age, mature, and grow up.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: