Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 10:44:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335176 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Devil Summoner US Bound
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Devil Summoner US Bound  (Read 8149 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 06:54:58 PM »

I dunno, but to me that looks pretty fake.

Edit: Also, it's worth noting Goemon had trouble and that was 3D, while Atelier Iris got through mostly fine and Growlanser had problems.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 12:02:06 PM »

I thought Growlanser mostly had problems not because of the graphics but because Vic wanted to package Growlanser 2 and 3 as seperate games.  

As for Goemon, I've seen screen shots and though it is 3D, IMO it is ugly.  Atelier Iris's graphics are crisp and pretty so aesthetically speaking, I can see why one got approved over the other.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Takabo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 01:31:03 PM »

Unless I'm wrong, I think Goemon was supposed to be a fairly miserable game, either way.  I seriously doubt Sony has any policy against 2D games, on either platform.  Atelier Iris made it through, Popolocrois made it through, and many others have too.  Anyone who thinks Sony is in the habit of rejecting games based entirely on graphics should pick up River King for the PS2 (the fishing RPG).  I like the game, but it couldn't possibly feel cheaper.  Then again, I'm sure having an MSRP of $20 helped things along.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 01:58:04 PM »

SCEA doesn't have a policy on/against 2D/3D games.  The game can totally lacking in polygons and if it looks pretty they'll approve it.  Also big name developers like EA, SE, etc. are given special exceptions in the case of what games SCEA will approve or not.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 03:03:01 PM »

So does that mean SE should start saving more money by releasing games made on RPGMaker XP?

I personally dont like how SCEA does that....who gives a shit what the graphics look like? I can understand for certain genre, but for RPGs and crap? Who really plays them just for graphics?

Anyway.....to put my post back on topic:

Can someone explain how Devil Summoner differs from the Persona series? Are they pretty much the same but with minor tweaks kinda how DDS differs from SMT?

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 04:11:57 PM »

Dade, in this thread: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=141&start=0 I talk about where the Devil Summoner series fits in the Megami Tensei mythos and the gameplay differences that it used.  

As for Devil Summoner in the US- sexy.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2006, 04:27:29 PM »

Excellent, thanks for linkage.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Juan_Blue

Bluejuan85@aol.com Bluejuan85@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 01:10:46 AM »

Ohh Yeah! I am so happy. I am so picking this puppy up when it comes out. I just love the SMT games. I was very smart to keep track of SMT: Nocturne and it turned out great and when SMT:DDS and SMT:DDS2 I was just blown away on how good these games are. I heard this one is an Action RPG game. SWEET!.

Currently Playing:
Call of Duty 4 (PS3), Persona 3: FES (PS2), Tales of Eternia (PSP)

CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2006, 12:12:05 AM »

Hell yes! SMT is my favorite series right now, and there is no news that could be better. Here's hoping it won't get butchered in any way because of it's content.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2006, 12:35:28 AM »

Quote from: "CarpeNoctumXIII"
Hell yes! SMT is my favorite series right now, and there is no news that could be better. Here's hoping it won't get butchered in any way because of it's content.

Given what I've seen of Devil Summoner, and having played through SMT:N and DDS1 and 2... I think you have nothing to worry about.

Now, Persona 3, that raises concern. :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: