Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 10:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332711 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyria Chronicles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles  (Read 3326 times)
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 10:33:50 PM »

I know I shouldn´t post this question, but since there are soo many fans of sega here... Guys, how much should I ditch for a dreamcast console in mint condition?

Just one thing... what does the name have to do with the game, I mean Valkyria chonicles? is the group you control called like that?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »

First of all, check if each of the games you want isn't on another console. Stuff like Jet Grind Radio isn't (the Xbox game is a sequel/remake/whatever. It's the same deal as with Star Fox and Star Fox 64), and it seems to me Grandia II's infinitely superior in its original form, even without the bonuses other versions got. If you still want one, I'd guess at $20, $50 at the max. Others probably have a better sense, and you can see what it's averaging for on eBay and Amazon.

In regards to the soundtrack: ... Meh. That guy's in everything these days, he's Sakuraba with classical replacing the Casio. If the SoArc crew is developing this, I'd like to have had the composer(s?) for that return.

Edit: Oh wait I mentioned the Arcadia thing earlier. Damn topic revivals throwing me off.
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 08:49:19 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

In regards to the soundtrack: ... Meh. That guy's in everything these days, he's Sakuraba with classical replacing the Casio. If the SoArc crew is developing this, I'd like to have had the composer(s?) for that return.

Besides the Ivalice-based games (FF and VS), what else has he done lately? Well, besides this game...
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »

Quote from: "macirex"
Just one thing... what does the name have to do with the game, I mean Valkyria chonicles? is the group you control called like that?

Very brief to avoid as much spoiler/story info as possible:
There were apparently two other powerful races in the game's world prior to the start of the game, one being the Valkyria and the other the Darcs.  What exact impact this will have on the story is obviously unspecified however there is atleast one confirmed Valkyrie (descendant?) in the enemy forces, Selvaria (in the screens and trailers you can see her in a blue form wielding immense power and Valkyrian weaponry).

More details in this news story:
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2008/1052.html
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »

OH! the story sounds interesting...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Alucard von Elru

alucardvonelru@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 10:31:53 PM »

Quote from: "calintz"

Besides the Ivalice-based games (FF and VS), what else has he done lately? Well, besides this game...

According to his Wiki page: Stella Deus, Odin Sphere, Grim Grimoire, ASH, and Opoona.

As I've stated before, this game looks hawt. Sega used to be one of the most elite RPG developers on the planet, and Valkyria Chronicles looks set to live up to the legacy.

"Time fades even legend..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 10:36:41 PM »

Quote from: "Alucard von Elru"
According to his Wiki page: Stella Deus, Odin Sphere, Grim Grimoire, ASH, and Opoona.

Links are pretty great! Also notably Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, Legaia 2, and even Gradius V.
Alucard von Elru

alucardvonelru@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Like totally! I guess I didn't figure it was that hard for someone to Wiki it themselves. Either way, yeah, he does enough.

"Time fades even legend..."
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 03:40:26 AM »

oh, so lately, Sakimoto has done Odin Sphere, Grim Grimoire and this game?
o_Oa
yeah... he does get around :p
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 03:12:51 PM »

Bumping this topic because of this:

http://kotaku.com/379737/valkyria-chronicles-has-an-optional-install-thanks-sega

Valkyria Chronicles will have an optional 3.3gig install that will cut down the load times from a 15 second wait.  I'm wondering if it completely gets rid of the load times or just reduces it to a more manageable level?  Also I wonder how often those "15 second load times" would exist?  Just first booting up? Every time you enter a new town?

Thoughts?

I personally don't care as long as it's an optional install incase someday in the future you run out of space (I wouldn't buy anything but the 80 gig model so who knows if that would even happen but I digress) and want to play a game anyhow.  I think overall it's great.  Anything that helps the flow of the game, makes things more natural feeling, and reduces loading times in general is appreciated in my book.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
salinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 03:46:21 PM »

the battle system sound mix bag to me. from what was shown the action parts of the battle system feel forced to me. and the posting of you troops seems unexciting. everything else seems top notch to me.

i count on the orginal phantasy star team that wil give us a good rpg.
and many can change druing the development.

until that the rpg i most expecting to play from sega is Sonic Chronicles The Dark Brotherhood
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 10:32:16 AM »

http://kotaku.com/385518/segas-valkyria-chronicles-sega-cameo

Fucking awesome.. SOLD

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 12:37:09 PM »

The loads before a battle can be brutal. Enemies die like wooden dolls as well,looks dumb but regardless I love this game.

The Alicia figure with the LE looks horrible though, but the Tank model and art and settings book are nice. But the Alicia figure... oh gawd... any worse and it'll win the kos mos Xeno Ep 2 one...

Now I need a PS3 that I actually own and isn't borrowed... since all the people I know who can lend me theirs are ALSO playing this game. >.<
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »

Quote from: "Silverwolf X"
The loads before a battle can be brutal.

Still?  Even with the install?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »

Ah... clarification:

The loads before some battles if you do not install can be brutal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: