Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 02:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319634 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Disgaea 3 confirmed for US
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Disgaea 3 confirmed for US  (Read 2762 times)
Jubliee

MunkieNinja
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 12:23:57 PM »

I'm not really excited for Disgaea 3 just because I never really liked the game. It's pretty weird to explain, but I believe I never gave the series a chance and I prefer not to direct my time towards that now.  I'm more curious as how well the game is going to sell on the PS3 than how the game is.
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 01:31:16 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
I can't wait to see a PSP port of this game in the near future...
I know you were joking but I would love that. It would save me some money.
Quote from: "Dice"

I love Disgaea, but wow, so much for improvement (graphically) between previous installments.  This is kinda lame.  I usually try to avoid nit-picking about graphics, but I can't help it in this case.
There is always Disgaea 4. HQ HD sprites would have taken extra time and money to do on top of the extra money needed to work on the next gen systems. Who knows when this title would get released if they had to redo many of those sprites for HD.  They can get their feet wet with this title and deliver it in a timely manner while working on better sprites for future titles.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »

Having seen the trailer for the game (I downloaded it off the Japanese PSN store in December), it looks better than the screenshots would indicate.  The game is really smooth graphically in regards to environments/attacks, but, yes, it's certainly far from what Sony tells us the 'cell broadband engine' can do.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 07:17:50 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
'cell broadband engine'

At least Blast Processing and Mode Seven sounded cool...  Wtf is a cell broadband engine?  All I can imagine is a mobile phone taped to a modem and then tied to a car motor.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 08:17:08 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Wtf is a cell broadband engine?  All I can imagine is a mobile phone taped to a modem and then tied to a car motor.

you mean, sorta like... I dunno... this?

ADMIN EDIT:  Don't hotlink pictures from other websites.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 09:18:48 PM »

Nippon Ichi developed games have a certain 'chaotic' feeling in their set-up that I have not adored. I just recently bought some of their developed games for cheap, but I just can't see the merit in them. I like long, involving games with a lot of side quests, but NIS games give me this kind of overwhelming, uncontrolled and, like I said before, chaotic feeling with subpar but fun to watch story lines, and I don't like that. Plus, I lost interest in their battle system and various other aspects quite quickly, which indicated that these games weren't for me. At least their published games (Atelier Iris) seem very good, they're waiting in my list to play. I don't think I'll check this out, as my initial experience has scared me from any games developed by Nippon Ichi. However, if an Atelier Iris game for the PS3 comes out, which I don't know if it will since Gust develops those games and I don't know about their next gen plans, I'd buy it. Guess I'm just one of those people that don't like NIS developed games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 02:00:58 AM »

In recent news, Disgaea port for the NDS

...In more recent news, Disgaea DS confirmed for NA.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 03:21:18 AM »

Quote from: "Jubliee"
I'm more curious as how well the game is going to sell on the PS3 than how the game is.

The Japanese version has done quite well thus far. If it ends up becoming a long seller it might as well sell 100,000 copies. Given that none of the previous installments has come close to selling 200,000 copies in Japan despite the PS2's massive installed hardware base, the sales performance seems to be just fine.

Quote from: "Jet16"
However, if an Atelier Iris game for the PS3 comes out, which I don't know if it will since Gust develops those games and I don't know about their next gen plans, I'd buy it.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1202.html

No idea, whether it will be a new Atelier installment, but it seems Gust is indeed working on a PlayStation 3 project.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: