Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:53:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332868 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Play! A Video Game Symphony!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Play! A Video Game Symphony!  (Read 1762 times)
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2006, 03:26:01 PM »

Hi, I did a search and didn't see any topics here so I thought it would be a good thing to let people know.  I also didn't put this in the Music and Books section because I thought it belonged here since it's about all of these console games.

There's a video game concert tour going around the world called "Play!"  It's going to have a live orchestra playing music from games such as Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Kingdom Hearts, Mario, Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog, World of Warcraft, and a few more games.  But I was just really excited about Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross!  That is just simply going to be amazing!

At the Chicago performance, Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda are going to be at the Meet and Greet after the show!  I can't wait to meet two people that I admire for their music.  

Also, Nobuo Uematsu wrote a fanfare as an intro to the concert.  I think that's pretty nifty.

The official website is Here.

Who's going already?  I'm going to the Chicago concert.

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:36:15 PM »

Quote from: "Morridor"
I also didn't put this in the Music and Books section because I thought it belonged here since it's about all of these console games.

You thought wrong.

That sounds pretty interesting, even though I'm not really a fan of orchestral VGM.  I wonder what they're gonna play from WoW, though.  I've been playing it regularly for the last month, and I can't so much as hum a tune from that game. :P

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 03:49:57 PM »

When I first heard about this touring concert the only games they had annouced they would perform music from were stuff like Morrowind, Battlefield 1942 and Sonic. As I don't think the music in any of those game(series) is especially amazing, I didn't bother with getting a ticket.

Later on, when I found out that they'd also have music from Chrono Trigger/Cross, Shenmue, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy and so on the event had already sold out. I'm pretty bummed about it, as I'm a huge fan of video game music in general. This is the first time a concert like this will take place anywhere in Sweden (as far as I know, anyway), and it will probably be a long time before it happens again :/

Edit:
Also just now found out that Uematsu will be attending the Stockholm concert as well. This made my heart break a little bit more. Thankfully Mitsuda won't be there, because if he were I would have to do something illegal to get a ticket.
DreamingFor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 08:12:53 AM »

Live Event:
May 31, 2006
A look behind the scenes of the Play! concert

Autograph Session:
May 31, 2006

The great composers of video game music arrive to sign autographs and promote the upcoming Play! concert series.

Interview:
May 31, 2006

Interviews with some of the greatest videogame music composers whose songs will be featured in the upcoming Play! concert series.

The link is:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2796 http://
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 02:32:34 PM »

and in one interview, before the show Mitsuda told he will make the arranged of Chrono Cross , the interview here.

I really want see some video of the show, this will be great

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »

Hurray for reviving dead topics!

And hurray for off topic nonsense from me!

Can a Mod please ban the lot of us?  It'll be like Survivor, but with more falsettoing as someone flails across the interwebs.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: