Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 09:40:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327367 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mana Khemia coming
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Mana Khemia coming  (Read 12792 times)
Redempteur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 12:00:39 AM »

Hi i just read the review on mana khemia and i have a question

it written in the review that some of the optional events that were voiced in the japanese version are not voiced in the north american version

But if we switch to the japanese language ( assuming and hoping this option still exist ) are these dialogs here or were they lost crossing the ocean ?

thank you very much  for the review
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 12:03:42 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
In the last year, I have become slightly suspicious of what NIS America is trying to do. My biggest worry is that they will give great localization to NIS games, but do less thought-out localizations for companies that essentially *rival* them in Japan (I!F, Gust, Hit Maker, etc). Indeed, NIS America has managed to make strange bedfellows in our market. I guess all the 2D folks have to "stick together" in this continent.

This... I obviously don't have any first hand experience or anything, but it sounds like they're genuinely just sloppy. It could be the inverse (sort of), that NIS Japan only cares enough to seriously kick them into gear for their own titles, but leave them to their own devices for other titles.

Actually, can anyone cite serious screw ups for NIS developed games? I'd be interested in seeing if it's all around or not.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 02:32:34 AM »

Quote from: "Redempteur"
Hi i just read the review on mana khemia and i have a question

it written in the review that some of the optional events that were voiced in the japanese version are not voiced in the north american version

But if we switch to the japanese language ( assuming and hoping this option still exist ) are these dialogs here or were they lost crossing the ocean ?

thank you very much  for the review

sorry if this was unclear in the review. As is the NIS America standard, you do have the option to listen in English or Japanese, and the Japanese voice acting is all there. I generally keep it on Japanese when I play...I only put it on English for a few hours at a time so I can make comments about it in my review. :)

So yes, keep it on Japanese and you'll get PLENTY of voiced dialogue. Everything except generic NPC text and the some "class" events are voiced.

Ramza

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 03:13:08 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
So yes, keep it on Japanese and you'll get PLENTY of voiced dialogue. Everything except generic NPC text and the some "class" events are voiced.

Ramza

Which is a shame, really.  I liked the english VA in AI 2 and Ar Tonelico.  I'm playing AI3 right now and it's also fun, though I'm still early and haven't heard everybody yet.  Mana Khemia would definitely have benefitted from some effort in that regard, but they likely didn't want to spend the time and money.  

Also, I dislike it when the translations don't match the japanese acting.  For those of us who actually have fairly decent knowledge of the language, it makes things very awkward (as you've pointed out).

I'll give the english track a whirl, though.  Shame they didn't do more, but ah well, at least we have options.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Redempteur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 08:32:26 AM »

OK thanks for the info . i can look forward to the game even if i haven't yet cleared AI3
Der Jermeister

Don't Mess with Him

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 05:22:07 PM »

I've got my copy preordered.

pinkspiderx

pinkspider1102@hotmail.com pinkspiderx64
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 07:38:42 PM »

got mine pre-orderd last month, got my guide book in, whomever did the review please tel me this...

Code:
i was reading the guide basics and i looked at pamela's skills, is there REALLY a skill for defence she has called bear shit?.. i looked at  that in the guide and had to do a double take.. please confirm or deny XD

Now Playing: Mana Khemia
Waiting For :  Persona 4 - Chaos Wars
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 10:11:06 PM »

"whomever did the review"?

I know you're new, but we're co-workers now! It's me, Patrick Gann, Ramza ... same dude. :P

I'm guessing that's a typo. A HILARIOUS typo. I'm thinking it's "bear shift," when Pamela uses the bear as a distraction tool so she takes no damage. Like putting out the red cloth for the bull.

LOL bear shit.

pinkspiderx

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 08:39:38 AM »

sorry pat im bad with names i only know eric XD

i wonder if all the guides say that.. hmmm..

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 05:58:31 PM »

Haha, bear shit? Best typo ever, definitely.

I've been needing a good RPG lately, and it sounds swell as hell. Can't wait to pick this up. It's Tuesday, right?
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 02:20:56 AM »

Ships tomorrow I think and will be in stores Tuesday. I can't wait till I get this in the mail Tuesday. ;o

pinkspiderx

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »

i gotta wiat for it in the mail and i prob wont be at the mailbox till friday.but thats ok, i still got rummage thru .hack//remiscence (im so slow!)  ive been eyeing my guide i just want to read it all but ive been stoping myself, i can say that most of the monsters are female.. and very cute!  my proverbial tail is wagging thinking about it.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »

Just got my copy of the game and strategy guide in the mail today.  I'd consider starting it if I wasn't so damn sleepy.  Damned sleepiness.

One thing I did find odd is that the instructions are in both English and French (at least, I THINK that's the language).  Far as I know, this is a first for NISA.  Has any other company done this?

It's not a problem, it's just...odd.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 07:11:33 PM »

Quote from: "Spoony Mage"
One thing I did find odd is that the instructions are in both English and French (at least, I THINK that's the language).  Far as I know, this is a first for NISA.  Has any other company done this?.

Nintendo, with Spanish included! Though SSBB was just English/Spanish, or at least the packaging I got was in those two languages.

The multilingual thing kinda bugs me, but as long as they supply all the information it's just a nitpick. Unfortunately I can think of three Nintendo manuals that failed to satisfy me with information because they were effectively just 10 pages long, and I'm hoping Nintendo's trying to compromise now by focusing on just two languages per country. Or SSBB was just that big to be an exception.
pinkspiderx

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 08:25:29 PM »

Quote from: "Spoony Mage"
Just got my copy of the game and strategy guide in the mail today.  I'd consider starting it if I wasn't so damn sleepy.  Damned sleepiness.

One thing I did find odd is that the instructions are in both English and French (at least, I THINK that's the language).  Far as I know, this is a first for NISA.  Has any other company done this?

It's not a problem, it's just...odd.

didnt it just come out today how in the world did you get it in the mail already?!  i should check my box tomorow..

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: