Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 03:12:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334764 Posts in 13710 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mana Khemia coming
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Mana Khemia coming  (Read 12994 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 09:22:42 PM »

Quote from: "Spoony Mage"
Just got my copy of the game and strategy guide in the mail today.  I'd consider starting it if I wasn't so damn sleepy.  Damned sleepiness.

One thing I did find odd is that the instructions are in both English and French (at least, I THINK that's the language).  Far as I know, this is a first for NISA.  Has any other company done this?

It's not a problem, it's just...odd.

A lot of companies do this to cut down on the cost of releasing a title into parts of Canada and the US simultaneously.  Any product released in Quebec is required to have the packaging appear in French, as well.  So rather than release two versions, they simply make one packaging with both languages.  That, or you got a copy that was slated for Canada.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 09:37:52 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
That, or you got a copy that was slated for Canada.

Or you ARE Canadian! But yeah, we can basically blame Quebec here.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 01:27:25 AM »

Quote from: "pinkspiderx"
didnt it just come out today how in the world did you get it in the mail already?!  i should check my box tomorow..

Shipped early from Rosenqueen, which is where I ordered it from.  It's not the first time, since I also ordered Atelier Iris 3 from Rosenqueen as well and got it pretty quickly as well.

And last I checked, I was American.  Then again I was born in Cleveland, OH, which is pretty damn close to Canada.  makes you wonder. :P

Anyways, it's not a problem.  It just threw me off a bit, that's all.  Unless there's a French language track on the game (which would be kinda cool, thinking about it), it's not that big a deal.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 01:52:10 AM »

misseur Spoony-Mage,

Please let me know your thoughts on the game. I always like to know whether or not my gushing love for a game is justified. :)

pinkspiderx

pinkspider1102@hotmail.com pinkspiderx64
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 06:27:05 AM »

!! i orderd from rosenqueen too!! i should defiantly walk up to my box. but.. its 15minutes away in the florida sun and i dont know if it will rain.. ah oh well, getting a little wet wont hurt i wont melt!  ^__^

UPDATE!!
ok i got it today, what idid NOT get was the mini-poster or the reversable cover for the case (this is not a big concern for me) but darnit, i want that poster! im e-mailing rosenqueen right now.

UPDATE 2
Never mind im an idiot i found the poster in the soundtrack hahaha. tricky people wanting to make me nuts!  (ok, ok..more nuts)  gonna test it out right now. ^__^

Now Playing: Mana Khemia
Waiting For :  Persona 4 - Chaos Wars
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2008, 01:40:23 PM »

Meh, I've stopped ordering from RosenQueen given my negative experience with pre-ordering Persona 3 there...

pinkspiderx

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 01:49:42 PM »

well positivly speaking my game got here extremely fast since it was released yesterday.

Note
played like 30 minutes and already i want to punch the voice actor for Flay.. the others are fine so far i can manage with them but Flay's voice is SO overacted and it dosnt match him at all.. he sounds 40!

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 03:18:23 PM »

well positivly speaking my game got here extremely fast since it was released yesterday.

Note
played like 30 minutes and already i want to punch the voice actor for Flay.. the others are fine so far i can manage with them but Flay's voice is SO overacted and it dosnt match him at all.. he sounds 40!

Yeah. Flay is awful.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 08:02:50 AM »

So I've only started paying attention to this game now, via word of mouth.

Are people enjoying it?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
pinkspiderx

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 10:25:28 AM »

i enjoy it alot actually. its a very fun game and woth the money to buy

EDIT:
got more into it just did Nikki's first charactor quest. i cant put the game down (and i really need to, im forgetting things like... eating.... haha)  so its addictive yes!

on another note, when they say 'dont linger at night' .. they mean it! O_o i got caught at night and the monsters were  all over me and i was only a couple feet from my target boss.

Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 03:36:21 PM »

PACKAGING IN FRENCH?

I also thought it was strange that the packaging and instructions are in both English and French. Oh well. So long as they're in English, but the game itself doesn't have text available in English, let alone a French voice track...whatever.

COVER GRAPHIC

First thing I notice, is that the game cover on the case that actually holds the game is horizontal rather than vertical. That just looks stupid, especially when the manual image is vertical, it shows more of the picture that way.

OPENING ANIMATION

Second, the opening anime sequence DOES NOT sync with the music at all. There really isn't a whole lot of action going on, but the song's upbeat; more upbeat than the action going on the screen. Song's still cool, though.

FREE-ROAMING GAMEPLAY

So far, the game seems to be one hell of an expansion on the free-roaming, mission-based gameplay that was introduced in Atelier Iris ~ Grand Fantasm; you have more dungeons this time around, they're larger, and the missions are more varied.

ENCOUNTER ENEMIES IN REAL-TIME

They've also returned to concept of encountering enemies on the map; you can see them before you run into them.

MENU-BASED MAP SYSTEMS

The menu-based map systems have been carried over from Ar-Tonelico, and while it's damn well convenient, I can't help feeling that doing so allows them to skip on developing the environments that those maps represent; like I've said before, it'd be cool if they fleshed these environments out more, yet allowed you to zoom in and out of menu-based location selector, too.

VAYNE'S CHARACTER

Other than that, Vayne's character is a hell of a lot less bad-ass than any character artwork of him shows; he's always standing in some sort of menacing, anti-hero pose, but clearly, his character is lonely and yearns for company, whenever he speaks, he just sounds like a wuss. It's just a kind of disconnect that irritates me.

OF BLACK CATS AND DEMONIC SWORDS

Still, the fact that his black cat transforms into a demonic sword is damn well kick ass. It's just one damn awesome-looking demonic sword; it has a blinking red eye and everything!

I still wished Sulpher was voiced-over, even if he's only communicating telepathically with Vayne; telepathic voices usually sound cooler, anyway.

SCHOOL THEME

The school theme of the game is good, but I can't help thinking it's a mental drug to help those of us who had lousy school experiences, to re-write all those bad memories. Or something like that. I'm only joking on this little point, of course.
pinkspiderx

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2008, 03:42:56 PM »

i find Vayne always seems likes he on the verge of a mental breakdown or the verge of tears.

the map menu is very convienant imagine having to RUN to the workshop then the anthol, then the stores and  other places it would be exhausting! and i love the icarus wings.. best things in the game! hahaha.

i guess what really gripes me about the game is the weapons dont change when you equip new ones, they stay the same looking hammer, sword, bomb/purse  i like to look at differnt weapon varietys but its a minor gripe and i should be used to it with playing A1, A2, A3 and A.R Tonelico.

By the by, anyone know what the opening theme song is? i like it.

Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2008, 04:01:58 PM »

i find Vayne always seems likes he on the verge of a mental breakdown or the verge of tears.

Haha! My point exactly!

the map menu is very convienant imagine having to RUN to the workshop then the anthol, then the stores and  other places it would be exhausting! and i love the icarus wings.. best things in the game! hahaha.

WELL, I'd like it if they actually fleshed the entire campus as an actual place you could run through, but still being able to zoom out to a menu-based location selector, and zoom back in.

You could still have a more fleshed out environment, but also include the option of jumping to places via a menu.

By the by, anyone know what the opening theme song is? i like it.

"Run for Your Life." I'm liking the entire soundtrack. I'd swear that Gust's soundtracks are the only game music series I really listen to anymore.
pinkspiderx

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »

Quote from: "Bernhardt"

"Run for Your Life." I'm liking the entire soundtrack. I'd swear that Gust's soundtracks are the only game music series I really listen to anymore.

thanks, i have yet to listen to the soundtrack, i got to though i love the music in game i find myself humming along with it.  im gonna add it to my iPod when im not so lazy hahaha.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2008, 04:27:07 PM »

Games have been in English and French for a while now.

Mario Galaxy was in English French and Spanish I believe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: