Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:31:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327303 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Gamestop? Mo' liek, Gamegestapo! Or, "The Game Stops He
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Gamestop? Mo' liek, Gamegestapo! Or, "The Game Stops He  (Read 5249 times)
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »

Yeah, I live about one block from a Gamestop and since I have a tiny mailbox (I live in the city), my packages always just get held at the post office, which is about 6 blocks away. So, yes, it actually is easier for me to buy games in a store.

However, I still buy online whenever possible - out of spite
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 12:34:18 PM »

Honestly, I prefer going to a store. Then again, I tend to go to local music/record stores where I know the person I'm dealing with.

Also, I haven't bought a video game in years.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 01:24:43 PM »

What happens with me is I go home once a year around Xmas time.
EB hasn't changed to Gamestop in Canada yet, so I walk into my local EB (used to be in Ottawa, now closer to Toronto) with a list. I go through and grab what I can find from the list, along with anything else that catches my eye. I usually drop a couple of hundred on games when I'm home - and quite often on used games, though it depends on what it is.

It's pretty painless for me to go to EB because I usually go in the middle of the day when there aren't many people around - kids are usually still in school for the first while I'm home and since I'm older than the snots that are working in the store, I don't have to take any crap from them.

For me, it's pretty painless.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 03:31:08 AM »

EB is ridiculously painless for me to go to. I work in the mall and it has.. EB! Shocker! I tend to miss the school crowd thank god, and I avoid weekends at the mall unless I'm working. (Hell I'd like to avoid it then too but that's another story...)

Sometimes Future Shop is cheaper though (like in the case of the Wii component cable.. $10 less at FS? Okay!) and in the mall, so still painless.

Staff pretty much knows me by now. (One of them even said they haven't seen me on WoW for a while.... I said I don't play! :P) Ex-staff remembers me. When I pre-order stuff and come in when it's out they go 'Oh yeah, you're Liz and you're looking for Metroid (or whatever)'... before I can give them my receipt.. XD

I actually haven't pre-ordered anything since Metroid though.. I've gotten lazy. Wonder when Fire Emblem DS is out...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: