Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 01:15:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318861 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  I don't remember falling asleep last night!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I don't remember falling asleep last night!  (Read 1855 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2008, 05:47:26 PM »

We've all had it happen. We've all done our gaming during the wee late-night hours at one time or another (that's when I always game). But last night, it was weird. For the first time in a while, I felt pretty awake for a while, but then I guess I must have completely conked out. I was playing Lost Odyssey, and I remember fighting some robots on top of a monorail... and then I think some big train/tank came, and I kicked the crap out of it, but I think I fell asleep right as it was 'sploding. When I woke up, my contact lenses were still in, the TV was on (but it had dimmed), and I think the 360 had put itself into semi-sleep mode or something. There was no picture on the screen, and I had just enough time to shut off the 360 before going to work.

Oh, and I'm a big stickler about keeping track of game times, and 360 RPGs don't seem to stop the clock if you pause the game or press the "X" button (unlike the Wii, which you can just pull out the batteries, and all functions will stop), so if I fall asleep in the middle of a playthrough, I just have to redo what I did the night before (thankfully, I save a lot).

But man, it feels weird. It happened to me a lot on FF12, I remember... weird dreams. I think it can be kinda cool to fall asleep in the middle of a game. Sometimes the music continues running, and you get a soundtrack to your sleep.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 05:55:13 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Oh, and I'm a big stickler about keeping track of game times, and 360 RPGs don't seem to stop the clock if you pause the game or press the "X" button (unlike the Wii, which you can just pull out the batteries, and all functions will stop), so if I fall asleep in the middle of a playthrough, I just have to redo what I did the night before (thankfully, I save a lot).

Lost Odyssey does this actually though it seems Blue Dragon doesn't. Meanwhile, I know Twilight Princess kept tracking time while in the home menu, and I'm pretty sure the Wii tracks the time games are running whether  or not you're paused or in the home menu or whatever.

There's only one case I remember nearly falling asleep while playing a game, and that was the original Persona.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 06:04:25 PM »

I don't really play games that late anymore, but the last time I vaguely remember doing this was way back when I was addicted to FFXI. Yep, I fell asleep while in a party. Checked the log, and the party kept me on for quite some time before booting me. I did die, but the loss wasn't too bad, I still got a lot of XP from that party. I didn't normally do that, but the party was so good that I had to stay up to continue it.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 06:44:52 PM »

I do it when drunk.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
pinkspiderx

pinkspider1102@hotmail.com pinkspiderx64
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 06:49:07 PM »

If I play games that late id never wake up the next day! plus Panda crys if I dont go to bed when she wants me to haha. I think i fell asleep once to Final Fantasy 10 I HAD to play that night and day. (Darn sphere grid begging to be filled up for each charactor!)
^___^ but I had some special dreams those days!

Now Playing: Mana Khemia
Waiting For :  Persona 4 - Chaos Wars
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »

Hmm, we're about at the same place in LO, Prime Mover.

Anyway, I only recall falling asleep once while gaming and it was while watching .Hack//GU volume 3's (the final one) ending.  Kinda strange that I played/drudged through all 3 games yet fell asleep during the final scenes.  From what I remember, I don't recall missing much anyhow =P

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 08:59:37 PM »

I fell asleep a few times while partying on FFXI.  I was a Thief so it was nearly impossible to get random parties, but when I did I stayed in them as long as possible.  Sometimes this meant losing a lot of sleep.  I recall actually falling asleep while pulling a monster for the party to kill.  The death cry of my Mithra made me wake up though. :P

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 10:42:10 PM »

That's happened to me a few times while playing Maple Story. I don't party too often and I always wake up before I die so it's never really been too problematic for me.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 10:53:39 PM »

The only video game I can recall where I fell asleep while playing only to wake up hours later was FF6... and I only fell asleep in the first place because I found the game painfully boring.

I approve of this nonsense!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 03:20:44 AM »

I almost fell asleep reading this thread.

I'm serious. :P

But yeah,. I used to fall asleep playing PSO.. and watching Excel Saga, of all things. WTF. I tend to not dream when falling asleep while doing something, it's weird.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: