Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 03:03:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338393 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Potions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Potions  (Read 8309 times)
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 01:08:29 PM »

The search engine exists for a reason. And while it is by no means perfect, it works well enough in this case. As "Potion" will give you the two relevant news stories directly on page 1 of the search results, without having to go through the entire news archive. The second story mentions that it is a herb-based beverage. If it had been an alcoholic beverage, it would have been mentioned in the story.
I admit that things have been slowed down by the server switch recently, but usually our news section is not that bad, in particular when it comes to news from Japan. So there was more than an "off chance" that we were reporting on something like that beverage.
It's always encouraging to come to these boards and find out that most folks here don't give shit about anything but the boards :P.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 01:19:18 PM »

Hey hey, don't get me wrong here. I read and enjoy the news/reviews/previews here on RPGFan, and as I said before I never meant to imply that the news coverage is lacking. It's just that I use Google without even thinking about it these days - I rarely use any site's internal search engine any more. But from now on I'll make sure to always use the RPGFan search before turning to Google. Sorry if I caused any kind of offense by linking to Joystiq. It won't happen again.
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 11:13:10 PM »

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that these were going to be released in america, no?

I'll probably be banned in 3...2...1...

Sayonara retaado-chan. ^________^
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 10:00:19 AM »

Quote from: "Professor Gast"
The search engine exists for a reason. And while it is by no means perfect, it works well enough in this case. As "Potion" will give you the two relevant news stories directly on page 1 of the search results, without having to go through the entire news archive. The second story mentions that it is a herb-based beverage. If it had been an alcoholic beverage, it would have been mentioned in the story.
I admit that things have been slowed down by the server switch recently, but usually our news section is not that bad, in particular when it comes to news from Japan. So there was more than an "off chance" that we were reporting on something like that beverage.
It's always encouraging to come to these boards and find out that most folks here don't give shit about anything but the boards :P.

Are we supposed to search for anything then before we make a thread on it then??? :p
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 10:43:48 AM »

Yeah, otherwise you will be banned :P.

Seriously, is it really that hard to understand our position on this? I doubt that you would be happy to see that people visit your boards, while completely ignoring the work you are putting into the site. Most of the topics that are brought up here are recent topics, meaning odds are you will find the corresponding news story on the front page without having to touch the search engine. Also, the news archive will be trimmed down again soon, so it is easier to navigate. It is just quite annoying to see people constantly link to other sites on these boards (this is not the first time it has happened, it was like that on the old boards as well), while ignoring our work. That's all.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 08:52:15 PM »

Bumping the topic to post 1up's story on it coming out, and what they say it tastes like.

Guess we won't be missing much other than spiffy bottles if it doesn't come out here.
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006, 05:13:48 AM »

the herbal flavor definatly wouldnt please my palette, although the special edition bottles are pleasing to look at and would make a fine collection item. Other than the final fantasy name, I could probably buy a bottle that looks similar in a local dollar boutique and pour an herbal blend into it and call it a day, so its nothing I would be dieing to get my hands on if they arent availible here or if they are being sold at rediculous prices at import stores / ebay.

I do remember some other edible video game oriented food when I was a lot younger, such as The Legend of Zelda fruit snacks - im sure there were others.. but I cant remember at the moment.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2006, 02:44:57 PM »

Back in the day, there was a Mario / Zelda Cereal.  The type of cereal was close to Captain Crunch, but it was with Mario and Zelda shapes.  Sword, Mushroom, Mario, Link, things like that.  I wish I kept that box!  Now it is lost forever in the garbage dump of destruction. . .

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2006, 07:35:31 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Bumping the topic to post 1up's story on it coming out, and what they say it tastes like.

Guess we won't be missing much other than spiffy bottles if it doesn't come out here.

HAHAHA, the commercial the article links to owns.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 07:48:02 PM »

Yes. Yes it does.

Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 07:48:49 PM »

I agree

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2006, 05:51:37 AM »

Just stumbled across a burst of these being sold on ebay now - the current going price for one limited edition bottle is roughly 35$ including shipping from japan while the price of a non limited edition drink is roughly 15$ including shipping. Looks like someone will be making a pretty good amount of money from buying them in bulk and selling them here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FINAL-FANTASY-XII-POTION-Drink-MIMP-LTD-MIJ_W0QQitemZ6041497949QQcategoryZ13667QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Edit: I love the sellers return policy in the link I posted:

After opening the cap, the returned goods after it drinks is improper.
After the item is sent back at damage, I repays money.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: