Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 05:00:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334701 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy concert
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy concert  (Read 1625 times)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2008, 04:50:20 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distant_Worlds:_Music_from_Final_Fantasy

Information about it there.

I'm going to the Rosemont Theatre event held in Rosemont, Illinois. My sister is coming along with me. It's on March 1, at 8 PM, four hours before my birthday! A birthday gift to myself. :P
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 07:19:14 AM »

Fucking typical. I move from Korea and THEN they have a concert there?

God Dammit.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 11:28:22 AM »

Yeah, Korea is the next event in April. Then, after that, they go to Australia and New Zealand on January and February of /2009/. Christ. I am curious why they chose Illinois over, say, New York or California. Regardless, I'm excited. I love orchestras and choirs.

Where do you live now, Lard? If you don't mind me asking.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 02:36:24 AM »

I think they're doing a "middle" state over the standard New York or LA simply because Arnie Roth has done SO MANY FF concerts in the big east/west coast venues. I saw him do PLAY in Philadelphia, myself. Good show, that was.

I'd much prefer if they could get the original vocalist for Distant Worlds to tour with them. Of course, that's out of the question. But there is a DVD released (I believe it's the "Voices" DVD from Square Enix) that has a full FF concert with the original singer for the song "Distant Worlds." Best music to ever grace an MMORPG, I think.

Ramza

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 05:02:34 PM »

I'm just always so disappointed in the music that they chose to arrange. Probably the only arranged album/lineup I ever liked was FF8s Fithos Lusec, and even then, it only has about 4 tunes that I deem "amazing". My friend went to a Dear Friends concert in Cleveland, and when he told me the set list, I was pretty glad I didn't go.

I'm also sick and tired of One Winged Angel, and I'm guessing that so is Nobuo. It's not really his typical style, and it sorta stands contrary to the rest of what the FF sound is about. The more people who say that they want to hear OWA tells me "I really really don't like Uematsu's sound, but I love that piece". When I think of his highlights, I think of event music and battle music with really driving pulses, sauring melodies, great transitions, multipul sections, etc. Not blatent Carmina Burana rippoffs (okay, so Liberi Fatali is another... and one of the few on FF8s sountrack I tend to skip).

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 06:41:29 PM »

ripoff or no, I <3 Liberi Fatali.

And yeah, I bet Uematsu hates One-Winged Angel about as much as "The Rembrandts" hate that FRIENDS song they wrote. Stupid one-hit wonders.

your day, your week, your month, or even your year .... blahblahblah ... I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU

Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 01:33:04 AM »

Well, I won't be going. Glad to see FH in the line up though. Undoubtedly the most relaxing song ever and one of my favorites from FFVIII.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: