Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 02:28:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332941 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  So, anyone going to any conventions this summer?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: So, anyone going to any conventions this summer?  (Read 1555 times)
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:48:37 AM »

Just thought I'd start a thread about summer conventions and see who's going to what.  I mean, now is the time to plan, book hotel rooms, and all that so that they don't get sold out.  

What other conventions are people going to this summer?  What are said conventions about?  Anyone want to share past experiences and anecdotes about conventions you've been to?  

I'm planning on going to ConnectiCon (in Hartford, Connecticut) this summer http://www.connecticon.org/ so if any of you louts are also planning to go, let me know and we can meet up and wreak havoc and mayhem all over the place.  No, I will not wear a costume and yes I do shower daily.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 09:15:47 AM »

Well, Anime North in May, possibly Otakon, definitely Otakuthon in Montreal, and then probably PAX with the rest of us 'fanners towards the end of August. Oh and FanExpo.

Yeah, I do a whole lotta conventions.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:25:05 AM »

I'm not getting back from Japan until after Otakon is over, so I'm missing it this year, unfortunately.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:48:36 PM »

I already have plans for AnimeNext (June) and MangaNext (October). I reserved a room for anime next. I would like to go to otakon this year, especially when I recently found out that JAM Project (<3) will be playing this year. It's too bad hotels are already booked this early and don't know anyone who is going and got some room avaliable.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »

I'm going to go to Gen-con in Indy.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 10:18:11 PM »

I am gonna try to go to PAX since I am gonna be out that way.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »

I'm interested in PAX myself, but I'm unlikely to actually go.
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 10:23:31 PM »

I'm on cosplay staff for both Animenext and Manganext, so I'm at both of those. Possibly Otakon. Maybe Animeusa

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 01:30:24 AM »

Id go to a few of them if I could actually get there.  But I cannot, so I shall not.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 02:20:42 AM »

E3.

>.>
<.<

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 06:24:42 AM »

At the end of June I will be at the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational in Paris with some friends.

Pretty excited about it, Starcraft 2 baby!
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 08:07:25 AM »

PAX, most likely.  It's a 15 minute drive from my house.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 01:04:54 PM »

I'm gonna go to PAX with my new roomate.

Shigs...we should get together and get Dagg drunk.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
I'm gonna go to PAX with my new roomate.

Shigs...we should get together and get Dagg drunk.

Not gonna happen but you guys can try.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 09:41:43 PM »

You know, PAX seems like it would be fun. It sucks being stuck on the east coast sometimes. Nothing exciting happens around here. The west coast gets most of the good stuff. :P

I didnt even realize Neal mentioned con STORIES.

I have a few.  In fact there used to be this guy who wandered around cons with a sign, charging for morbid con stories. He was a douchbag. I listened to most of his stories for free by following him around and Eavesdropping. Most of them involved sailor scout cosplays and horse pron.

One funny thing that happened to me at Otakon two years ago. I had attended with my friend Sara. She had an entry in the original animation contest. A group of us were walking around and we saw somone we didnt know in a costume from one of the animations she had put on her website. The girl freaked out when Sara told her who she was. She went around to everyone asking who's voice they were. Then she got to me . I have never been in one of Sara's animations. Sara later told me it looked like I wilted when she asked me who I was and I said "no one".

This past katsucon, Friends and I were in our hotel room. We were just sitting around talking, and all of a sudden there were nearly 20 people at our door. Apparently, somone had been giving out the wrong room number for the anonymous room party. We all advised them of this as one friend said, "Jesus, there is a reason they call you b-tards!".

Unfortunately, these are pretty lame con stories. I did witness the sailor scout orgy. I was at the con. I saw the police. Not the actual orgy. From what I've been told, It was a gathering of about 30 large girls in a room with various...implements. They end up getting caught, and the girl who was throwing the party was arrested because she was the only one in the room full of girls who was of age.She was supplying minors with alcohol... and doing unspeakable things . ::shudders::

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: