Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 09:20:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340992 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Moment of Silence for GFW(CGW) Magazine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Moment of Silence for GFW(CGW) Magazine  (Read 1149 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:15:11 PM »

As you may or may not know, Games for Windows Magazine (formerly Computer Gaming World) will no longer be published. The main editors of the magazine will join the online team at 1up.com, providing PC coverage for the site. They will also continue to do the weekly GFW Radio podcast.

Official News Story

GFW/CGW was my favorite source of gaming news, and their podcast is easily my favorite podcast (followed closely by 1up Yours and DiggNation). I've been a subscriber to the magazine for around five years and found their articles to not only be well written, but genuinely enjoyable to read. Among the whole 1up Network, the GFW editors have been my favorite to read and listen to. I am truly saddened to see the magazine go, especially since it's been in print for 27 years.

Note: I apologize for the poor writing of this post. I'm in a bad funk (because of other recent events in my life that have nothing to do with GFW going out of print) and it's effecting my ability to write well.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:20:27 PM »

I got a GFW T-Shirt at E3 awhile back. I still wear it proudly. :)

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:56:13 PM »

Hm... I still have like five issues left on my subscription.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:48:28 PM »

Hmm. Not a huge loss for me personally but I'm pretty sure I have a few '98-'99 CGW mags in my old-gaming-mags collection. I've seen GFW magazines in stores but never realized it was a continuation of CGW.

Oh well.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:22:49 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Hm... I still have like five issues left on my subscription.

Yeah, I have a bunch left. I find myself annoyed.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:48:39 AM »

I listened to their latest podcast today. Jeff Green seemed especially pissed off to see something he'd worked on for so long end like it did. It's nice to hear they're staying on 1up though, and I'll happily still listen to their podcast and read their articles online.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: