Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:26:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334508 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  C3 Interview with Namco Bandai on Tales of
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: C3 Interview with Namco Bandai on Tales of  (Read 3776 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2008, 05:49:27 AM »

From a glance, mostly about Symphonia's sequel. Prospects for Tales of Innocence however look poor.

In regards to ToI since it's the only thing I can really comment on: if the Tales of series wasn't being produced at the rate it is and the fact they're not THAT stand out this would really piss me off, but as it is it just bothers me. We have them finally put out a pretty great handheld title that isn't a port, and it gets ignored while something like Tales of the World gets localized to average scores, which might be part of the problem actually. Also makes me kinda feel that this is a case of the DS not being taken as seriously as it should be. Nintendo could always coerce them into localizing it like they did for ToP, but given how that's been going for $15 and they've got the ToS sequel they probably won't be so eager to do that again.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:09:30 PM »

I always found that most companies were run by a bunch of monkeys (therefore picking their asses, eating bananas and making stupid decisions).

Speaking localizing is a pain in the ass, hey really should think more carefully about whats brought over.  Tales of Innocence was definitely worth the time, its a pretty solid NDS title.
This applies to quite a few titles.  Makes me wish XSeed and NISAmerica were willing to diversify titles they translate.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 03:53:54 PM »

What a joke. Thankfully I've seen some video trailers and really was impressed with what I saw, or this interview would have made me not want to buy the album. Talk about pandering to fans.

Luckilly, it's workers farther on down that tend to have the biggest influence on the quality of the game, and from what I've seen, they did a damn good job. There's something very "alive" about the characters interactions in this game that really draws me in.

Too bad about Tales of Innocense though, that pisses me off.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 02:21:53 PM »

Bandai Namco confirmed that Tales of Innocence for NDS will not be released in US and Europe, this is confirmed by developer Hideo Baba.

So yeah. No point trying to petition or email or heck postal mail. I'll bet they just junk mail all queries about Tales games and feed all posted petitions/letters to the shredder anyway.

Namco Bandai is epic fail. They don't bring over the really good games and those they do get butchered anyway.

I'd figure monkeys would probably doa  better job then them. :/
salinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 02:38:39 PM »

these namco why they act like that, i never will grasp that.  the game is for the nintendo ds! many of its owners are fans of tales of symphonia and it have large userbase

now that square enix back to act the way i love them (on ds) who need the favors of the monkeys at namco
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 04:12:22 PM »

Not sure if this is the thread to bring it up but if anyone on the board can read Japanese or relay these links to someone who can(probably on Neogaf) could possibly translate or summarize this interview for us it would be greatly appreciated. I already tried babelfish and got a headache trying to figure it out.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080414/tov1.htm
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080415/tov2.htm
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 05:37:20 PM »

I'd give Professor Gast/Chris a try.  It might be something worth posting on the front page news.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 07:20:42 PM »

Quote from: "Silverwolf X"
Namco Bandai is epic fail. They don't bring over the really good games and those they do get butchered anyway.

Explain this.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Explain this.

Yeah, please explain because I thought Xenosaga 3 and Tales of the Abyss were great.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 07:44:35 PM »

Quote from: "Blace"
Quote from: "Eusis"

Explain this.

Yeah, please explain because I thought Xenosaga 3 and Tales of the Abyss were great.

I want my Venus and Braves!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 07:45:56 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
I want my Venus and Braves!!

I bolded part of that for a reason.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 07:49:02 PM »

He probably means shit like Albedo not ramming his hand up MOMO's baby chute in the first Xenosaga.  Or the stupid blood removal from the third one. :P

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 09:59:22 PM »

lol Im taking it you meant the albedo ramming his arm up momos babychute as an exaggeration, cause that never actually happens.  The one scene he shoves his arm into her chest, instead of placing his hand over her head, in another he breaks the other type of momos arm, and in that same scene he has a knife that he uses instead of using just his hand tp remove his arm.

Anyways, thats pretty fucking stupid that ToI isnt coming here, hopefully they realize how retarded they are about it and do it, but *shrug*.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 11:01:11 PM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
lol Im taking it you meant the albedo ramming his arm up momos babychute as an exaggeration, cause that never actually happens.  The one scene he shoves his arm into her chest, instead of placing his hand over her head, in another he breaks the other type of momos arm, and in that same scene he has a knife that he uses instead of using just his hand tp remove his arm.

Anyways, thats pretty fucking stupid that ToI isnt coming here, hopefully they realize how retarded they are about it and do it, but *shrug*.

Yeah, it never happens because it was censored in the US.  That's what D-Rider was referring to.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 11:30:55 PM »

1. It was her stomach or close enough, and while disturbing it wasn't graphic, so I'm inclined to go with DR exaggerating.

2. He's clearly talking about Tales of, that's what the rest of the thread and even his post is about and he more or less said the same thing in another thread.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: