Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:11:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335242 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Vesperia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Vesperia  (Read 3221 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2008, 08:39:20 PM »

Well I figured I would post this since Namco Bandai is having some sort of get together currently.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/talesofvesperia/news.html?sid=6189310

It seems as though they are changing a few aspects of the combat and such. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. They also have a release date of September 16th at the top.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 09:02:51 PM »

That close to getting a 360, mainly for this game, since I loved Symphonia and the Abyss.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 10:31:50 PM »

I like how they're finally dubbing skits and even resinging the opening vocal in english rather than cutting the vocals out or outright replacing the song. I'm not the biggest fan of Tales of games, but it looks good and it'll be nice to have more quality RPGs for the 360.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:40:34 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
I like how they're finally dubbing skits and even resinging the opening vocal in english rather than cutting the vocals out or outright replacing the song. I'm not the biggest fan of Tales of games, but it looks good and it'll be nice to have more quality RPGs for the 360.

Yeah I love that they are dubbing the skits also because they were kind of lifeless without voice-acting. I'm looking forward to this game more than Symphonia 2 (despite the fact that Symphonia is my favorite Tales game so far).

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 11:05:20 AM »

I really digg the screenshots.  I never have gotten that excited for graphics before, but I think I will make an exception this one time.  It's been awhile that I've been so fanboy-ish excited for a title that doesn't even have a lot of information out yet.. its been awhile so it feels nice to be excited about something again.

I'm curious how exactly the gameplay will turn out.  I'm pretty sure that in one of the interviews with the developers they stated the battles would run in 60fps.  That's pretty interesting about the "button mashing certain buttons to make moves".  It makes me think of Devil May Cry 4 with the combo moves.  I wonder if there will be a classic scheme or not?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 06:20:19 PM »

Yeah, now maybe Bandai can move on up to actually keeping the original Japanese vocals...

Other than that, I wish Namco RPG battles played out more like Street Fighter (or Namco's own Soul Calibur) duels.
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:10:19 AM »

Tales trailer in English this time...
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32915.html
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »

Is it heresy if a Tales game isn't made for a Sony or Nintendo console?
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »

Nope. The Tales series have appeared almost on all consoles. I'm sure PS3 will get Vesperia eventually, but you can forget about that version seeing an English release as Bandai Namco has stated that only the 360 version will be localized in English.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 01:06:01 PM »

Quote from: "Silverwolf X"
Nope. The Tales series have appeared almost on all consoles. I'm sure PS3 will get Vesperia eventually, but you can forget about that version seeing an English release as Bandai Namco has stated that only the 360 version will be localized in English.

...and companies never go back on their word...

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 02:09:54 PM »

Quote from: "Bernhardt"

Yeah, now maybe Bandai can move on up to actually keeping the original Japanese vocals...

I wouldn't mind that either but it's wishful thinking.

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
...and companies never go back on their word...

I fully agree with what Silverwolf X said.  While companies may go back on their word, look at the history of the Tales series in the US.  Anytime a Tales game has been released in America on a system, any ports of said game in Japan never came to America.  We get one shot at a game, if even that.  This could change with Tales of Vesperia but I'm willing to bet that it won't.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 02:57:41 PM »

Bandai Namco doesn't give a damn about the purist fans like me and some of you guys. Its the general market that they are targetting and its THAT market where the money comes from.
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 03:47:31 PM »

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167420&p=4
Slow down thanks to lag would have probably been the biggest hurrdle in making online multiplayer happen. Keeping the game running at 60 would be a real pain.
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »

Quote from: "Silverwolf X"
I'm sure PS3 will get Vesperia eventually, but you can forget about that version seeing an English release as Bandai Namco has stated that only the 360 version will be localized in English.

Wow, I'm not saying it will since no ones knows, but Namco has never said such a thing (They haven't even done more than hint at the port we all know is being made, so there's no way they've publicly said something like that nor in such absolute fashion).  

Eternal Sonata PS3 might give us the first clue as to whether or not they'll release a localized version of the Vesperia port down the road.  Previous games not being localized a second time doesn't necessarily prove anything, especially in this generation of consoles.  Ofcourse given the 360s failure in Japan it's possible they could just move on to making a full new Tales game exclusively for the PS3 but I think it's too early to tell especially when the port is so far away given that the 360 version is still relatively far away and given the inevitable 6 month port time (unless they are already secretly working on it).  

Namco is certainly very unpredictable but FFXIII could be a potential wild card, they might want to have a quick game to cash in on the aftermath of FFXIII's release in the US and the new influx of RPG gamers with PS3s.  If they do bring over the Eternal Sonata port, if it makes late Spring/early Summer in Japan like it's still supposedly planned for, then their quickest RPG release post FFXIII might possibly be a translation of the ToV port after FFXIII, unless they've got a surprise PS3 RPG in the works (that unnamed RPG they've still got listed since back before the PS3 launched maybe...).
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »

ES was released in Japan June of last year. It is now April and there still isn't a release date for the PS3 game. I'm almost positive that it is a 1 year exclusive by now. The question is will this version of Tales do the same thing.

All I have to say is that if they announce the PS version before releasing the 360 version like they did with ES they could expect it to do about the same number. That was amazingly stupid of them. Unless both versions are coming out at the same time it makes very little sense to do this. Not as dumb as releasing within a week of Halo 3 but still pretty dumb.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: