Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 03:59:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329495 Posts in 13500 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Any chance for Sora no kiseki comming to the states?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any chance for Sora no kiseki comming to the states?  (Read 2293 times)
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2008, 05:15:36 PM »

And since Falcom actually released the first trilogy on the psp I was wondering if there was any posibility for it to come?

Sadly I read Chris Winkler review and I kinda want to play this saga

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 05:18:09 PM »

There is no indication of it coming over here and the first trilogy sold horribly in the US, so I'm going to say no... sorry my friend.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:23:29 PM »

... I think it's a little early to go 'Ha ha! No!', judging by the release date in Gast's review. Not that I think it's very likely, but it's only been half a year.
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »

We will be shafted again! Though it is fairly early so there is still a chance, be it small. :o

I'm still waiting for Shining Wind myself. Sega... :|

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 06:25:08 PM »

And I'm still waiting for that DS Metal Saga game. :(
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 06:27:28 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
... I think it's a little early to go 'Ha ha! No!', judging by the release date in Gast's review. Not that I think it's very likely, but it's only been half a year.

That was the release date for the 2nd game in the series, not the first, which we don't have either.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 06:33:11 PM »

I thought I saw that in the review or elsewhere, but decided to check elsewhere too. Ouch, the first chapter was about two years ago. That makes it significantly less likely, but it's never necessarily too late as the three games we did get showed.
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 08:13:25 PM »

Was the PSP FC port really 2 years ago?  I thought that was the PC version.

It'd be ashame if they didn't bring it over, LOH6 is so much better than the old ones (played some of the PC version using the FAQs on gamefaqs) that they shouldn't let mediocre/lackluster sales of ancient games stop them from doing these much better ones.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 08:16:29 PM »

They also aren't published by Namco Bandai in Japan, as Gast's review and the packaging I saw only said Falcom. Maybe they would have if they published it, but then this allows pretty much anyone to just come in and make a deal.
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 08:18:46 PM »

Yeah, you were right about the age of the first PSP game.

Right, I remember reading that Falcom actually did the port themselves for this one and the Second Chapter.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 05:56:39 AM »

I think that if someone DID bring the Sora no Kiseki trilogy to the US, it would not be Namco Bandai. Their ports of Gagharv Trilogy to the US was basically a cheap, and awful cash grab. Luckily it didn't work, but I was pissed that the translation was so bad. :(

Considering the possible companies that might do it, I imagine either XSEED or Konami doing it. XSEED because they do all kinds of stuff, and Konami because they did Ys: The Ark of Napishtim's PC-to-console-to-handheld conversion (and they did it WELL!).

All in all, I think the chances of Americans seeing this series in English is very very low. But if that chance is taken, by any publishing company, I'll be happy. (though I'm told part 3 of the trilogy is awful).

Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 01:41:09 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
I think that if someone DID bring the Sora no Kiseki trilogy to the US, it would not be Namco Bandai. Their ports of Gagharv Trilogy to the US was basically a cheap, and awful cash grab. Luckily it didn't work, but I was pissed that the translation was so bad. :(

Considering the possible companies that might do it, I imagine either XSEED or Konami doing it. XSEED because they do all kinds of stuff, and Konami because they did Ys: The Ark of Napishtim's PC-to-console-to-handheld conversion (and they did it WELL!).

All in all, I think the chances of Americans seeing this series in English is very very low. But if that chance is taken, by any publishing company, I'll be happy. (though I'm told part 3 of the trilogy is awful).

Bandai is epic fail in the states to me. They butchered their own Tales localizations so badly I swore never to play anything from Bandai Namco USA ever again.

Fortunately having started learning Japanese I can say I probably never need to play US localizations anymore. :/

3rd Chapter is 'awful'. Its just a filler epilouge of sorts with a main focus on dungeon crawling and crazy levelling, but if you ask me its more of a franchise milking attempt. It does adds more story though, but you don't really need it as Chapter 2 ended quite nicely.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: