Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 08:24:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327281 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lost Odyssey....stuck at loading?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lost Odyssey....stuck at loading?  (Read 1222 times)
Pcmaker

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »

Ok, just got on Disc 4 and when it loads, sometimes it hangs. I have to reset my 360. Just bought the 360 and the game 2 weeks ago, and I have a newer one with the falcon chip.

Anyone had this problem?

I was trying to invite you, but you weren't online. I'll add you if you and me are both on at the same time. You can also ask anyone in the guild for an invite just type /who sparky and you'll get a list of the guild members that are online, you can ask one of them for an invite :D
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 12:26:04 AM »

Nope, I played through the entire game on a launch console and nothing like that happened. Everybodies 360 performs differently though (and I mean EVERYBODIES 360)

Pcmaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 01:41:35 AM »

Son of a.....

so this could happen to all the 360 games I play...

I was trying to invite you, but you weren't online. I'll add you if you and me are both on at the same time. You can also ask anyone in the guild for an invite just type /who sparky and you'll get a list of the guild members that are online, you can ask one of them for an invite :D
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 01:51:06 AM »

I'm not sure it'll help, but there's a way to clear the HD Cache, here's the story and the code. It was necessary for some people to use in Oblivion when loading took too long.
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 08:23:07 AM »

weird... cos mine is a new 360 also, and I finished the game without any problems...
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 10:06:09 AM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of next-gen consoles.  I've had random game-breaking bugs on Mass Effect for 360.  Random lock-ups occur in Ratchet & Clank Future on PS3 that seems to produce an infinite loop.  If there's any easy-mode files from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance when you try to import data over to Radiant Dawn, the Wii locks up hard and you get this loud buzzing noise.

Oh well...
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »

There does seem to be a problem with Disc 4 in this game and I remember some people complaining about it. Not sure if it was on this board or elsewhere. Neogaf and TeamXbox have long threads dedicated to this game that likely have info on this problem but at the same time have spoilers all over the place.

I recently completed disc 3(had the game Day 1) and ran into a problem where the disc couldn't be read properly by the system. It gave me a white screen basically saying to put the disk inside an Xbox 360 to play it. Mind you that after I completed disc 3, I saved the game and quit which the game gives you an option to do so. I managed to get by this problem by putting in disk 3 and loading the save that I was asked to do before changing to disk 4. Switched out the disk when it asked and it worked that time. The second time it happened I did the same thing but this time loaded a more recent save. The game asked me to switch disk and once again after that everything worked.

The problem is mainly with Disc 4. If other 360 games are doing the same thing than it could be a problem with your 360. I haven't experienced the problem again but I haven't been playing games that much lately. I might give it a try again tonight to see if the problem corrects itself after a certain point.

Since you have only had the game 2 weeks try get the store you purchased it from to give you a new copy in exchange for your old one or try my trick and see if it helps.
Not sure if the above will help with your particular problem but it may help out other people when they decide to pick this game up. Especially if they pick it up used.
Pcmaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 12:03:36 PM »

Yeah, didn't have any problems til disc 4.

...and when things are starting to get interesting, too. I'll try to stand the 360 sideways, maybe that'll do the trick.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »

Well, at least your 360 doesn't bring down the power in half your appartment when on at the same time as your microwave! No, seriously, if I try to make myself a simple snack while playing 360, the combination of the two units shut off the breaker in my surge protector (and I've tried changing out the power strip too), and the whole thing goes down. Maybe this is a subtle comment about eating junk food and playing video games.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 02:17:36 PM »

Quote from: "Pcmaker"
Yeah, didn't have any problems til disc 4.

...and when things are starting to get interesting, too. I'll try to stand the 360 sideways, maybe that'll do the trick.
You can try that but seriously consider taking the game back and try exchanging it for another copy.
Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Well, at least your 360 doesn't bring down the power in half your appartment when on at the same time as your microwave! No, seriously, if I try to make myself a simple snack while playing 360, the combination of the two units shut off the breaker in my surge protector (and I've tried changing out the power strip too), and the whole thing goes down. Maybe this is a subtle comment about eating junk food and playing video games.
That sounds dangerous.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: