Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 01:29:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327153 Posts in 13391 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Recent Music Purchases
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Recent Music Purchases  (Read 34152 times)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2006, 07:48:37 AM »

Quote from: "Nemmet"

Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Reunite (CD)

I also got this, but on DVD.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2006, 08:16:05 AM »

I'm going to take a cue from CluelessWonder and say that I bought a ticket to see Divinity Destroyed at Rutgers tonight.  My good friends in Asylum and No Damn Problem will be playing the show too.  There will also be a shitty ass band called Distant Enemies playing, but whatever.  

I can't wait for the show.  Divinity Destroyed are a damn good prog metal band from NJ and this'll be my first prog show.  Asylum's always consistent and NDP's always fun plus this is the 2nd to last NDP show before they call it quits.

I approve of this nonsense!
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2006, 02:16:55 PM »

Picked up in a sale:

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
Queensryche - Operation:Mindcrime

I had a stupid dream

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2006, 02:41:14 PM »

Divinity Destroyed fucking KILLED at last night's show.  I just bought their Eden in Ashes album on iTunes and ordered their Nocturnal Dawn album off their website.  

Awesome band and really nice guys too.  The keyboards and bass could have been a bit more prominent in the mix, though.

I approve of this nonsense!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2006, 04:57:27 PM »

Deg, you have taken over my spot of the guy who buys a thousand new albums a week with a vengeance.  Good stuff, mate.  It needed to be done.

I haven't bought anything since Mondo Medicale and Slaughtercult, I just had to congratulate Mister Olas.

Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2006, 06:31:46 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Deg, you have taken over my spot of the guy who buys a thousand new albums a week with a vengeance.  Good stuff, mate.  It needed to be done.

I haven't bought anything since Mondo Medicale and Slaughtercult, I just had to congratulate Mister Olas

TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK!

I'm trying! It's a disease! Nemmet does it too!

*tries to pass the blame*

I had a stupid dream

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »

What is Jimbo doing here?

Oh, that's right, I actually bought music!

Cool to be You - Descendents
Drunken Lullabies - Flogging Molly

Going away now.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2006, 09:11:15 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
Quote from: "Losfer"

I haven't bought anything since Mondo Medicale and Slaughtercult, I just had to congratulate Mister Olas

TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK!

I'm trying! It's a disease! Nemmet does it too!

*tries to pass the blame*

Once Myau and I get back to England, I will certainly take up that spot again, sir.

Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2006, 10:53:17 PM »

Supergrass - Supergrass is 10 - best of 94-04

It's a pretty rad CD, I bought it becuase of the song "Alright" and now i'm starting to like the entire album. Plus it came with a bonus live EP, so I got about 35 songs for $13, good purchase.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2006, 09:15:31 AM »

Just bought 'Headbangers Ball: The Revenge'.
A 2CD comp.  Lots of bands like 'Lamb of God', 'Arch Enemy', 'In Flames'...too many good tracks to list.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2006, 01:50:50 PM »

Erik Norlander - Into the Sunset

Really good shit so far. So much keyboard computer game wank, Arjen on guitars, and a nice selection of vocals. Lyrics seem a bit crappy, but meh, whatever!

I had a stupid dream

Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2006, 07:04:50 PM »

Quote from: "Nemmet"

Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Reunite (CD)

I also got this, but on DVD.

I desperately want the DVD after hearing the performance of Metropolis.

Queensryche - Operation:Mindcrime

Great choice.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2006, 10:59:56 PM »

I bought Judas Priest's newest DVD, "Rising in the East".  I'm still reeling from the awesomeness.  When I say it's the best DVD I've ever seen, I'm not exaggerating.  Better than any of Maiden's recorded performances, even...and that includes "Live After Death". :P

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2006, 11:53:24 PM »

Okay, got back from Florida. And Orland, yah? Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney means many CDs! But not all from there :3

Iron and Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days : Barnes and Nobles at Man O' War Boulevard, Lexington, TN. Sounds sort of like Sufjan Stevens, vocally, but... it's less grand in it's scope. More initmate. Sort of Banharty at times, I guess, but less weird.

System of a Down - Toxicity : Some Super Walmart in... Georgia? Anyway, I love SoaD. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because Bounce is the best Here Come the Warm Jets outtake that Brian Eno never wrote. Or that Chop Suey just might be the Nu-metal Day in the Life. Meh. I've got a lot of memories with the song Aerials, ya?

Time of Orchids - Sarcast While : Bayside Mall, erm... Southbeach? Miami? Bal Harbor? That area. It's supposed to be art metal. Not in the least. It's more like some really strange, slightly cleaner, slightly punkier form of The Microphones, I guess. Probably comparable to Kayo Dot, who's on the same label, but I've never heard them. Inpenetrable, but it has a really good part one one of the songs, so I'm convinced it's worth getting into.

Everything else the Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney.

Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I - Erm, yeah. Bass-heavy alterna-pop. not ENTIRELY unlike Xiu Xiu, but a lot more melodic, and... less strange. Maybe a bit new wavish. Excellent, but hard to describe.

Pavement - Terror Twilight : Because I'm too hip to go with an obvious album like Slanted and Enchanted. So yeah, really strange starting point, but I'm digging this. Beautiful pop music. Sometimes Beatlesy. Maybe a little Wilco-esque. Very 90s. Feels sorta like Radiohead and the Verve, ya?

a-Ha - Analogue : I like a-Ha, bitch. Wanna make something of it? >:( The cover art is funny. If I didn't know any better, I'd think the band was a pop-punk band, full of twenty-somethings. Anyway, it's rather cool cause a lot of the adult contemporariness is gone now. I mean, the first track is about BDSM :DDD And they don't really bat an eye at dropping in a really loud, screechy, almost Animal Collectivey bit on one of the tracks. They sound really... into it. Also, apparently Mags can write now. Who'da figured?

Guided by Voices - Suitcase 2: American Superdream Wow : 46 dollars. 100 GBV b-sides, rarities, unreleased tracks, and recordings from a bizarroverse Under the Bushes, Under the Stars. It's, obviously, not consistent at all, but it does contain some really great songs. Classics even. Also, the third disc is surprisingly cohesive and kicks my ass constantly. It's like someone put various apocryphal texts to music. Speaking of apocryphal texts, the liner notes. No lyrics. Just four pages of song credits, and 20 pages of cover art for non-existant albums and blurbs for non-existant bands. Only some of the bands DO sort of exist, even if they are just codenames for various incarnations of GBV >:/

I now want Suitcase 1 :|

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2006, 12:07:34 PM »

Jordan Rudess - 4NYC (Birthday present for father)
Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Reunite DVD
Queensryche - Empire
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: