Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 01:47:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329412 Posts in 13493 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne reprint
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne reprint  (Read 3646 times)
Sennin

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2008, 04:59:43 AM »

This might be old news for some, but I've yet to see a thread on these boards. Play-Asia is currently selling Nocturne reprint sans soundtrack cd brand new for $47+. According to an Atlus official (Inzaghi), it seems the print process was a bit more complicated, hence the lack of news in their newsletter or any mention of it on the front page of Atlus NA's website.

At this point, SMT fans who are new to the series (likely to be inducted by DDS and/or Persona 3) and have missed out on Nocturne can gamble that Rosenqueen might have a huge stockpile of it at further reduced price of $30 in 2 quarters, as was the case with Disgaea, or bite the bullet and pay an additional $17 to get it now.

Either way, the ebay vultures will find it hard to inflate Nocturne's price if Atlus keeps the reprints going.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-49-en-15-Nocturne-70-bug.html

http://www.atlus.com/new_forum/viewtopic.php?t=996
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »

Awesome news for me since I haven't picked up a copy yet. I'll certainly look into this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 05:21:23 PM »

Hmm, this is tempting.  I lucked out and got Nocturne a month or two ago for 20$, but 40$ for a brand new one is pretty damn tempting.  I might hold out and see if Amazon or somebody else puts it up for cheaper.  Anybody who got lost and entered this thread - Buy this Game.  One of the best turn-based RPG's for the PS2.

Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 08:13:39 PM »

^Agree. I would get on it ASAP though. I can see ebay scalpers descending on it. Actually I do see ebay scalpers descending on it. About a billion listings on ebay now. All of them are more than $47. I'm actually playing through this now. It works just find on an 80 gig ps3 if anyone was wondering . :)

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Sennin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 08:15:29 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Atlus-USA-Shin-Megami-Tensei/dp/B00024W1U6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1209513561&sr=8-2

It just showed up at Amazon, for $40 new. I bought mine from Play-asia, and 2 signs that this is indeed a reprint.

i.) it comes in a new PS2 casing without memory card holder, akin to Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection 3 casings;
ii.) no SCEA security seal on top, being that way for a while...

Anyway, glad to hear some folks here are giving money to Atlus and retailers, in lieu of being exploited by greedy speculators. ^
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »

Good news, I missed this game and never saw it used anywhere, and I check several stores semi-regularly.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 09:07:51 PM »

Since this thread was bumped anyways, Digital Devil Saga was also reprinted.  It wasn't announced, but I can say with certainty that it was reprinted.  I'm not sure if DDS2 was as well, but check out any local Gamestops as DDS1 and Nocturne have been coming in regularly.  They are both 40$ used, but they are in brand new, mint condition.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:21:09 PM »

I really wish GameStop wasn't so fucking retarded that way. It was annoying with the PS1 reprints but at least those didn't have a proper shelf space for being brand new, but the PS2's technically an active system still.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 09:32:22 PM »

Yeah, it's really lame for anybody that doesn't work at Gamestop.  But for me it just means I get 25% off instead of 15%. Always good to be friends with a Gamestop employee. :P

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 09:36:35 PM »

That must have been why I found my copy of DDS. I picked up DDS2 a week after, but that new copy had been sitting there for years.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 10:04:24 PM »

Kinda wish companies would have print-on-demand for these niche titles...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 03:31:46 AM »

Bumping this up to point out that today Amazon has it on sale for $29.99.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 05:28:07 AM »

There was a version of SMT:N with a soundtrack included? Damn, i never knew that, i just got the regular edition.
Jonio

yayuh!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 09:49:12 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Bumping this up to point out that today Amazon has it on sale for $29.99.

Holy crap. I was going to wait for another paycheck to come in before buying this but this deal is too good. Thanks for the heads up!
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »

Well I expect the extra 10$ I paid do help atlus...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: