Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 01:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338735 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Earthquake
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Earthquake  (Read 1883 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 05:15:00 AM »

Yeah, that first earthquake that you experience is always freaky. I've lived in California my whole life, so I'm pretty used to them by now, but man, that first time I felt one scared the pants off of me.

Glad to see you're okay. Was there any damage to your house or possessions?
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 09:01:03 AM »

I live in Ohio, and I didn't feel the earthquake, but some of my friends said their bed was shaking yesterday morning.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 11:42:48 AM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
Yeah, that first earthquake that you experience is always freaky. I've lived in California my whole life, so I'm pretty used to them by now, but man, that first time I felt one scared the pants off of me.

Glad to see you're okay. Was there any damage to your house or possessions?

My parents said a few things fell off shelves downstairs and broke, but none of my stuff upstairs did.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 12:24:15 PM »

Glad to hear everyone's okay.

They can be really scary things.

I remember being woken up at about 4 or 5 in the morning once when I lived in Japan, half dozey until I suddenly heard smashing as most of my cups and glasses were falling from the shelf into the sink.

One of the scariest things I've ever been through.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »

I slept through it here in Ohio.

I remember an earthquake in 1990 growing up in the Philippines. My friend and I were watching TV downstairs and suddenly the power goes out (not an unusual occurrence there at that time). Things were shaking pretty hard, but we had no idea what was going on until my dad comes running down the steps telling us to get out of the house. It's such a disorientating experience...felt like standing on Jello after spinning around in circles and being really dizzy. This earthquake lasted 45 seconds and was 7.8 at the epicenter (about 150 miles north of us). 1500 died.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: