Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 08:25:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338766 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  MK vs DC......FIGHT!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MK vs DC......FIGHT!  (Read 2004 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortalkombat/news.html?sid=6189513&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Awesome. Superman smashing fuckin Raiden's face in? Okay!

I just hope we dont see DC Villains in the game, i want strictly superheroes and not just the mainstream guys (yeah Bats, Supe and Wonderbitch are okay, but I want some Green Lantern, Flash, Cap Marvel, Green Arrow etc)

But yeah....good shit!

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 03:59:17 PM »

Score.  I don't play a ton of fighting games, but I'd buy that!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »

I find it hard to get excited over the vortex of suck that is Mortal Kombat, but I'm not opposed to a DC fighting game...I'd just prefer it to be DC vs. Capcom. :P

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 07:09:22 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
I find it hard to get excited over the vortex of suck that is Mortal Kombat, but I'm not opposed to a DC fighting game...I'd just prefer it to be DC vs. Capcom. :P

I feel the exact same way...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 07:25:09 PM »

They're only a decade late in countering Capcom! I hope a demo pops up for this, because as much as I'd like to try out the concept I'm not interested enough in buying and rentals cost way too much nowadays.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 07:43:58 PM »

This is funny, because I just read a thread about it in the other forum I post as (www.shmups.com) and they think that is game will be the worst shit on the entire planet.

Like I said over there: I'm game if Captain Marvel is a character.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 08:13:17 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"

I could have sworn there already was a DC vs. Capcom. But then I lost track of those Vs. games a long time ago. :P

Anyway, Mortal Kombat has long since lost its luster for me, so this game  can, in the immortal words of Scott Sharkey, "suck my ass and blow a big brown bubble."
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 08:47:36 PM »

Quote from: "Lord Scottish"
I could have sworn there already was a DC vs. Capcom.

Are you maybe thinking of Marvel vs. Capcom?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 02:22:47 AM »

I kind of agree with D-Rider. Personally I've always enjoyed Mortal Kombat but it's always been kind of a sub-par game to me. Never quite up there with Tekken, Soul Calibur and games like, as mentioned, Marvel Vs. Capcom. Really, I don't understand why DC would want to risk throwing their characters in with the likes of Mortal Kombat when there are probably better alternatives.

I'm interested though. I'd especially like to see how they are going to redo the Mortal Kombat style gameplay but so far I can say that this fighting while falling off a cliff things seems very Dragonball Z Budokai/old MK to convince me that it could become a better fighting game.

Also what the hell happened? I was under the impression that Armageddon was the end of Mortal Kombat fighting games and here they're making another one?
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 12:18:45 PM »

The game will have no blood and no fatalities.

IMMortal Kombat?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 09:51:52 PM »

No "true" fatalities, huh? I'd like to see what alternatives they come up with. It better be more gruesome than Batman tying his opponent up with his utility belt rope of justice and saying "Gotham is safe for another day!" or something lame like that.

Regardless, though, I always like these crossover titles. The idea of bringing two universes together is just so awesome, so it's hard not to get excited for it.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 11:57:21 AM »

Wasn't blood and gore pretty much the only thing that ever attracted people over to Mortal Kombat anyway? I can only see bad things from removing the only appealing quality that the MK series ever had. For me, Street Fighter has always been superior in gameplay, so the only thing keeping MK above water is the needless and exaggerated blood and violence.

There's nothing stopping this from being a great game, it's just...I find that the whole novelty of having DC fighting MK is shattered because the MK characters won't be allowed to do what they do best.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 11:08:30 PM »

Topical!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 08:34:32 AM »

I'm all for trying to be original and innovative but this is REALLY reaching. I can't see how this can possibly work and I'm pretty sure this game will come nowhere near the quality of, say, Street Fighter or Soul Calibur.  Hey, maybe they'll prove me wrong but i'm sure as hell not holding my breath for this one.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: