Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 04:18:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329966 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Warhammer Online
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Warhammer Online  (Read 21082 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:01:21 PM »

I'll be the first to admit that I'm way out of the loop on this.  It's been in development for a while now and I haven't read the first thing about it until recently.  With my interest in WoW quickly waning to the point of nonexistence, I've started to take a closer look at some of the other shit out there.  Even though Warhammer is still months off, I've been quite impressed with what I've read and seen of it.

The official site, yo.

If they can successfully pull off the whole "feel like you're actually making a contribution to the state of the world" thing, I will be quite pleased.

Any of you ladies happen to be in the beta?

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:18:25 PM »

When I first heard about WAR I thought it was nothing more than a WoW clone, but then I saw some of the developer interviews, namely those with Paul Barnett, and got really psyched for the game, especially seeing how passionate and enthusiastic the devs were about their game. The game was then delayed about a year, and as I have more time to mull a purchase over I become less and less interested. I'm personally looking forward to Age of Conan a bit more, but that's for another thread.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:23:05 AM »

Welcome to several months ago, DR.

Considering it is being done by Mythic you will definitely feel like you are contributing to the world.

Dade and I intend to play this when it comes out, even if he doesn't want to. Bastard.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:16:16 AM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
Dade and I intend to play this when it comes out, even if he doesn't want to. Bastard.

Oh believe me, if you're gonna play, I'm sure I will too. I demand that DR plays too or I will fucking cut him with a rusty Pork Sword.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:45:32 AM »

Quote from: "Dade"

Oh believe me, if you're gonna play, I'm sure I will too. I demand that DR plays too or I will fucking cut him with a rusty Pork Sword.

hahahahahaahahhahaha

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 11:24:35 AM »

Welcome to several months ago, DR.

Kill yourself.  I said right at the start that I was out of the loop. :P

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »

Its looking good, and I loved DAoC back when it was in its prime, so I will probably pick this up, though ill wait and see how stuff turns out of course, just in case.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Nad
Morbid Minister

BurningNad
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 12:47:48 PM »

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd mention that I am in the beta, and for someone who has gotten bored of playing WoW 24/7 for 3 years straight, I will say that WAR is going to OWN. It's definitely more PVP-centric than WoW, obviously, but they mix it well into the pve aspects of the game as well. The different zones are pretty epic, too. The starting areas are better looking and more story driven than any and all Burning Crusade zones.

As of now, it's coming out this fall, and I think they are going at a good pace and will deliver a quality game to us at release.

Nothing.
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 04:46:08 AM »

I come and I go but I will be playing this game when it comes out for sure :)

If you guys (Dade, Daggs and D-Rider) play, make sure to fire a msg at me so we can all play on the same server.

Side Note: AoC sucks balls :)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »

Like Timmah said.......lets actually all play on the same server this time and not spread out like douchebags like last time.

And ZOMG Nad I wanna play with you in this game cuz I know you are like...the MMO Pr0nstar.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 04:55:01 PM »

For serious. We gotta communicate before we start characters to know where people are.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 05:32:31 PM »

The reason why we spread out like motherfuckers in WoW is because of the PvE/PvP server thing.  I may be a little behind in my information, but I don't think that's a factor this time around.

Quote from: "Kiem"

If you guys (Dade, Daggs and D-Rider) play, make sure to fire a msg at me so we can all play on the same server.

I preordered that limited edition shit the day I made this topic, so there's no doubt I'm playing. :P

Nad
Morbid Minister

BurningNad
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
Like Timmah said.......lets actually all play on the same server this time and not spread out like douchebags like last time.

And ZOMG Nad I wanna play with you in this game cuz I know you are like...the MMO Pr0nstar.

FOR REALZ. Though just fyi there is a large chance that I am going Order. For my main character at least.

Nothing.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 06:54:29 PM »

DADDY.

Your daughter in law won't let me play WoW anymore, so can I play this with you.  :(((

Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 04:55:59 AM »

Hmm...

I'd pre-order this baby, but I can get the normal game for cheap >.>

Maybe I'll see if the company store will have the limited edition. Either way, I'll be joining the Open Beta as well. We should all jump in on that when it comes around.

So, since it was brought up, should we discuss faction choices now?

Your homework for today: Go read up on the factions and see if Order is your thing :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: