Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 10:54:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337993 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Warhammer Online
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Warhammer Online  (Read 21507 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »

Well, you boys know me:  I've always been partial to playing the assholes. :P  I'll gladly do whatever faction the majority decides on though, because both sides have classes I want to play.

You girls should start here if you haven't done much reading on the career options.

Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 12:54:50 PM »

If we're going Order, seems I'll be either a Witch Hunter or a Swordmaster.

And I'll probably have an alt Archmage.

Just throwing it out there so we don't all have the same types to hopefully balance our groups out in advance :)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 02:00:44 PM »

I've been looking at playing a Sorceress for months because it reminds me the most of a good old affliction lock, but lately I've been gravitating towards an Engineer.  It's hard to say anything definitively at this point, but both those classes are at least looking interesting on paper.

Hell, most of the classes look interesting on paper.  Dade, if you decide to keep up the paladin thing, the perfect class exists. :P

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »

Quote from: "Kiem"
If we're going Order, seems I'll be either a Witch Hunter or a Swordmaster.

Agreed, I'll very likely play a swordmaster, but will I be a tank or a dps? Not sure there yet.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 05:27:16 PM »

"I got blessing of protection"

Perfect Paladin class lol

I always gravitate towards melee DPS classes when I start a new MMO, I might change it up this time around. Witch Hunter would be my melee DPS incline but I enjoyed playing a priest in the latter half of my WoW life, so I may try a support class like the Archmage first.

*shrug* I hope we get into the Beta together and figure this out lol
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 07:11:49 PM »

I will be a tank of some sort. Dwarf most likely. So you can be DPS Dadeypoo

or I will be a healer if we need one of thems. I like being either a tank or healer, so you guys decide if someone wants to be the other and I will be what is remaining.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 10:26:25 PM »

Been checking out the wiki site and the monthly newsletters, and I gotta say this is looking better and better.  I know if I do get this ill be playing either a tank or a ranged, since those are the two classes I tend to prefer.  Of course I wont be able to play with you guys since theres some bad blood between me and daggerstrike, but I wish you guys the best of luck!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 06:08:58 PM »

I approve of this video.  I'm getting kinda leery though, because seeing the game in motion is starting to lead me to think my computer is gonna get the rape put on it by this game. :P

Nad
Morbid Minister

BurningNad
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »

Beta has been down for a good week and a half. =|

I feel the need to play and post things here, because no none of my other online gaming friends are interested in it! Thus I will break the NDA as I see fit.

As for classes, I'm thinking either Bright Wizard or Witch Hunter. Rogue was my main in WoW, then I went on to an elemental Shaman, and I enjoyed both classes greatly. They just need to make casters a lot less squishy imo, cause right now, if melee gets near you as a caster, there is absolutely nothing you can do to survive.

Quote from: "Losfer"
DADDY.

Your daughter in law won't let me play WoW anymore, so can I play this with you.  :(((

You fucking better, bitch. At least until Diablo 3 comes out, then I will most likely burn every other game I own and play it exclusively for 10 years.

Nothing.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 10:50:20 PM »

I'm getting kinda leery though, because seeing the game in motion is starting to lead me to think my computer is gonna get the rape put on it by this game. :P

I feel somewhat the same.  Definately would suck to find out you cant run it decently.  Of course I have become something of a graphics whore, at least when it comes to textures, so *shrug*.

As for classes, I'm thinking either Bright Wizard or Witch Hunter. Rogue was my main in WoW, then I went on to an elemental Shaman, and I enjoyed both classes greatly. They just need to make casters a lot less squishy imo, cause right now, if melee gets near you as a caster, there is absolutely nothing you can do to survive.

That sucks about the Bright Wizard (and ranged in general).  That actually looked like the funnest ranged class to me, at least for the good guys.  

I was reading up on the other classes and the White Lion dps for the Elves looks nice if only because of the white lion pet, especially being able to somewhat customize it compared to just finding a pet you wanted on wow and taming it.  Of course for those who might not like lions that sucks, but to me I think its pretty awesome.  But Im an animal guy so I guess that might make me a tad biased.

Its interesting how the Dark elves seem to be the only race with classes limited to a specific gender, though maybe I missed something while reading up on the other classes of the other races.

I have alot of confidence in Mystic to make a good game, since I loved DAoC, so hopefully I can get into beta (ive been on the list since it first became available) or if not we can hear some more good stuff from folks like Nad.

Cheers!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 01:17:02 AM »

Quote from: "Nad"
Quote from: "Losfer"
DADDY.

Your daughter in law won't let me play WoW anymore, so can I play this with you.  :(((

You fucking better, bitch. At least until Diablo 3 comes out, then I will most likely burn every other game I own and play it exclusively for 10 years.

Whoo!  I will be a White Lion as I am so gay for Elves.

And yes, I assumed your response in regards to DIII.  We totally need to play that as well.  My old computer was shit whenever we played DII.  Do you remember my retarded ping rates?  Do you remember fighting things ONLY FOR ME TO JUST STAND AROUND FOR TWO MINUTES BECAUSE OF FUCKING LAG.

It's a good thing the next big purchase the missus and I are making is a new computer.  :P

Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 01:54:14 AM »

I can't give away the current min spec of the game, but if you PM me with your specs, I'll at least be able to tell you if you meet them :)

I don't know them off hand though but I should know tomorrow.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »

I have a feeling I'll be able to hit the minimum specs, but I'd like to have it at settings more than barely functional. :P  The trickiness, as has been the case for every game released in the past year, will be my processor speed (which is just 1.8 Ghz, and most games these days recommend around 2.4 Ghz) and my RAM, but I can't add any more to this old motherfucker.

Maybe running this game at three frames a second will push me into saving for a new comp. :P

Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 02:47:21 AM »

Just checked today and yeah, a 1.8Ghz will not cut it, I'm afraid.

What's your budget for a new computer? I'll see if I can't put together a list of things for you that fits your budget.

Yeah, I'm getting ready for the WAR! hehe
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 09:01:50 AM »

I'll PM you with it.  No point clogging up this thread with shit nobody cares about. :P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: