Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 05:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331497 Posts in 13574 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Warhammer Online
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Warhammer Online  (Read 21233 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2008, 06:02:58 PM »

The game eats RAM like a motherfucker.  The minimum specs might say a gig is good enough to get it to run, but that's bullshit.  If you don't have twice that, don't bother.

I had a 1.8 GHz processor.  I never had any real problems with processor speed and gaming till Oblivion.  Ever since that game, I've noticed that no matter the RAM I had or the video card I used, performance has been less than stellar.  And now it's completely non-existent. :P

In regards to worrying about grouping with fuckwits, I'm gonna point yet again to the awesomeness of Public Quests.  While everybody does their part, you get rewarded based on your own output.  If you're a shining star and everybody else is a black hole, everybody will get the credit, but you'll get more tangible rewards.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2008, 11:39:20 AM »

Well I just pre ordered from gamestop.  If anyone is planning on preordering online, the coupon WAR gives you free overnight shipping, if you hadnt already known that.  WAGGGHHH!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2008, 01:09:21 PM »

http://www.wardb.com/

This is the first Thottbot-like website I've seen for WAR.  If you still have questions about what the different classes can do, take a peek at the abilities section.

Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2008, 01:17:09 PM »

Thanks for the link, D-Rider! I can't wait until release. The preview weekend was a blast. I had alot of fun raining exploding purple rocks down on elven archmages :)

Edit: I have my  CE paid off and will be ready to play day 1 :)

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »

I decided I'm definitely going to give this game a TRY.  I'm 90% sure it'll run on my PC and looking at the wardb site (alternate site: wowdb.com), I really would like to give it a shot.

That being said, I know this is mainly a PvP game, but are there different realm types (ala Normal or PvP in WoW)?  What are the differences between the realms?  Also is there anything to discourage/prevent ganking lowbies (ex: a level 40 camping lowbies in a level 15 leveling area)?

WoW pvp while leveling rarely is fun (it's either one out numbers the other, one is fighting a mob while jumped, or one has a fair fight, only for the other to log on their main and camp said person endlessly) so I'm curious if Warhammer rectified any of the issues that plagued WoW (and probably other games)

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2008, 07:39:23 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
I decided I'm definitely going to give this game a TRY.  I'm 90% sure it'll run on my PC and looking at the wardb site (alternate site: wowdb.com), I really would like to give it a shot.

That being said, I know this is mainly a PvP game, but are there different realm types (ala Normal or PvP in WoW)?  What are the differences between the realms?  Also is there anything to discourage/prevent ganking lowbies (ex: a level 40 camping lowbies in a level 15 leveling area)?

WoW pvp while leveling rarely is fun (it's either one out numbers the other, one is fighting a mob while jumped, or one has a fair fight, only for the other to log on their main and camp said person endlessly) so I'm curious if Warhammer rectified any of the issues that plagued WoW (and probably other games)

I know one of the things they did to prevent ganking repeatedly by the same person is if the do it too often to you they turn into a chicken with 1 hit point.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2008, 09:30:38 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"

There's gonna be three different types of servers, and since you've played WoW you can probably guess what they are.  Standard servers keep the opposing faction from targeting you in your PvE zones unless you flag, and you'll get flagged automatically if you go into an enemy PvE zone.  Open RvR servers will be like WoW's PvP servers:  all attack, all the time.  Then there are roleplaying servers, which I assume will follow the standard rules.

The official RPGFan Warhammer Server of Choice will be a standard one. :P

And like Dagg said, if Random McDouche decides to head over to the Empire n00b zone and do a gankathon, he's gonna be horribly disappointed.

In other news, if any of you are still in doubt as to whether or not your computer can run the game, you should run this test.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2008, 10:44:21 PM »

Im glad they are taking some steps. I mean the occasional gank here and there was fine in WoW, but camping corpses and shit was just grr.  Plus Mythic has always done good with PVP, so it makes sense they would help with those kinda issues.

Had to cancel my pre order with gamestop though, they no longer have the pre order bonus stuff, so I did Best Buy instead.  Guess this is more popular than I thought it was gonna be.

EDIT: Thanks D-Rider for that site, good to know I can run this well.  Granted it seems to only run against the minimum and not recommended, but I was like 3/4 bar full on Slow computer to fast Computer thing, so that should be good.  Not bad for me still having an AGP system.  LOL.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2008, 11:29:37 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"

PUSSIES!

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Nad
Morbid Minister

BurningNad
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2008, 12:04:44 AM »

This game has taken so long in coming out I have completely lost interest. I will still get it, but if for some reason it were to be cancelled, I wouldn't even give a crap anymore.

Nothing.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2008, 09:12:59 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Quote from: "D-Rider"

PUSSIES!

Get out.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2008, 06:00:34 PM »

All right, I know Dade was looking for an easy to get cloak.  Well, I did a little looking, but then I got this reward from one of the collector's edition quests:

I am no longer looking. :P

(Actually, I think I found one we can all get:  it involves killing a level ten champion in Ostland and getting a tome unlock for it.  I tried to solo him, but I didn't even take a third of his health.  A meat shield and healbot will work wonders. :P)

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2008, 07:04:06 PM »

So, I got the game and I have played a Chosen to 9 and I am playing with a shaman as well. Where is everyone going to roll? Is there and "offical" RPGFan server or guild?

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2008, 07:05:27 PM »

Look in the other thread.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2008, 06:11:47 PM »

Man, this latest patch is awesome.  You can queue up for any of the three RvR scenarios now instead of just the one for the area you're in at the moment.  This has greatly reduced the wait time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: