Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 04:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lunar 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Lunar 2  (Read 1887 times)
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2008, 11:51:50 PM »

Decided to get back into gaming so I decided to play this game first. I'm at the last boss in Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete for Playstation before the epilouge I can't beat the second form. Any strategies? Also all of the characters are level 44
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:24:59 AM »

Boss battle easy or hard
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »

HARD

Now just wait more than half an hour for actual tips since I have no knowledge beyond what I just said (I only got through the SCD version, and didn't even beat the Epilogue).
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 01:19:36 AM »

maybe you should do some backtracking and level a little more, I remenber beating the last boss at around level 52 or 53

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 01:31:30 AM »

Quote from: "macirex"
maybe you should do some backtracking and level a little more, I remenber beating the last boss at around level 52 or 53

YES.

I had the exact same problem (just played Lunar2 a few years ago, in 2005 I think). I went to the boss @ 44 and got destroyed.

Around 48~50, Hiro gets an ability that is just absurdly strong. This is what brings down the boss. This, and this alone my friend.

I was also at about 52 when I beat him.

(also the epilogue is AWESOME)

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 02:21:48 AM »

I will agree on the Epilogue rocking hard.  In both the Mega CD and PSX versions.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 02:52:21 AM »

Lunar 2 EBC's epilogue is a sterling example of how to do endgame content PROPERLY!  It's one of my top favorites of any game to this day.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:52:13 AM »

Yeah... It ends things properly... but the epilogue is damn harder than the rest of the game....

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:17:37 AM »

Quote from: "macirex"
Yeah... It ends things properly... but the epilogue is damn harder than the rest of the game....

What?  I found most of the regular bosses and the final boss harder than anything in the epilogue.  Maybe I didn't fight every single boss battle (some are optional, right?) so that could be why I think that, but I do remember a couple of OP items that make things easier.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 12:01:32 PM »

My bad, the epilogue was not that hard, but since I completed each and every optional dungeon in the epilogue I tend to mix them up... and those are the nastiest dungeons ive ever played...

LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 08:29:26 PM »

Is there anyway to go back to buy items?
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 09:18:20 PM »

Quote from: "LINK398"
Is there anyway to go back to buy items?

i don't know. who can remember?

www.gamefaqs.com = your friend. He will tell you.

GhaleonOne

GhaleonOne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 10:29:14 PM »

Unfortunately, nope. You can, however, go back to the Destiny to heal. One tip is to save your magic until the top floor of Zophar's Keep, and fight those big Mirror things. I can't remember what did the best damage to them, and I do remember they're pretty hard to beat, but if you save frequently, you can just reload if you die against them. They drop a ton of experience. I'd usually go up there to level up, then go back to the Destiny, and repeat, until I was strong enough for Zophar (without enough items, you won't beat him until you get Triple Sword for Hiro).

-G1
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 03:10:49 AM »

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can buff your party members during part 2 of the Zophar fight (the part where Lucia waxes philosophical).  Like casting White Dragon Protect and Ronfar's Regen spell (I forget what exactly it's called), as well as Lemina's Attack up spell (there's only time to cast it twice, so I just used it on Hiro and Leo).  Casting Jean's Doppleganger spell on the third turn helps, as it gets a free attack before the final battle begins.

But yes, Hiro's Triple Sword = ownage.

It's kind of a shame they nerfed some of the bosses in the Saturn/PS2 port.  I remember the fight with Borgan in the Sega CD version to be one of the most frustrating ever, due to him being so damn cheap with his Gravity Bomb spell.  ;_;

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 04:11:49 AM »

Quote from: "GhaleonOne"
Unfortunately, nope. You can, however, go back to the Destiny to heal. One tip is to save your magic until the top floor of Zophar's Keep, and fight those big Mirror things. I can't remember what did the best damage to them, and I do remember they're pretty hard to beat, but if you save frequently, you can just reload if you die against them. They drop a ton of experience. I'd usually go up there to level up, then go back to the Destiny, and repeat, until I was strong enough for Zophar (without enough items, you won't beat him until you get Triple Sword for Hiro).

omfg, he speaks!

Well, I guess a Lunar topic would be your area of expertise. Sup Mickey?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: