Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 11:40:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338565 Posts in 13857 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Infinite Undiscovery
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print
Author Topic: Infinite Undiscovery  (Read 29052 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2008, 09:22:50 PM »

Without even playing it, I know my biggest gripe about the game will be no pausing whatsoever during battle to access the items. Well, if it isn't like SO3 where you really needed to use items every five seconds and your allies do a lot of healing, then it won't matter as much.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
Without even playing it, I know my biggest gripe about the game will be no pausing whatsoever during battle to access the items. Well, if it isn't like SO3 where you really needed to use items every five seconds and your allies do a lot of healing, then it won't matter as much.

You hit it on the nose. You really never need to heal yourself (meaning the player) because you can press "Y" and ask for healing from party members and they will use healing magic on whoever needs it, and if they are out of MP they will use items from your inventory. You can turn off any items you don't want them to use as well. It's really awesome. And if you die, then they will use the revive item on you.

calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2008, 09:53:27 PM »

so its basically a refined and simplified FF12 system?
12 had too many complexities, which didn't always work
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »

Quote from: "calintz"
so its basically a refined and simplified FF12 system?
12 had too many complexities, which didn't always work

Well FFXII was automated using the gambits i.e. when your health got to 25% below or whatever you set it to they would heal automatically. In this game you tell them to heal whenever you feel like it by pressing the Y button

calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2008, 11:30:15 PM »

you could also bypass automation and manually tell them to heal you in FF12... but it was cumbersome
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2008, 11:46:20 PM »

Quote from: "calintz"
you could also bypass automation and manually tell them to heal you in FF12... but it was cumbersome

Well it's definitely not cumbersome in this game.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2008, 06:28:36 AM »

I couldn't imagine playing FFXII with gambits on. I turned them off as soon as you could in that game.

I've read in some reviews that there are far too many characters for a game as short as this one. It didn't bother me with Radiata Stories, but this is different, as the 18 are permanent in IU and in RS, most characters are shallow (there are hundreds of characters...)
Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2008, 10:18:49 AM »

I literally only played about a half hour of this when I bought it due to the fact I wanted to finish Tales Of Vesperia first, but from what little I played, I liked. Only setback is that after playing TOV for so long, the voice acting and the stilted and awkward pauses in the voice acting in Infinite Undicovery sounded bad. But that's the only downside I've seen so far.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2008, 12:00:04 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I couldn't imagine playing FFXII with gambits on. I turned them off as soon as you could in that game.

I've read in some reviews that there are far too many characters for a game as short as this one. It didn't bother me with Radiata Stories, but this is different, as the 18 are permanent in IU and in RS, most characters are shallow (there are hundreds of characters...)

So far all the charactes I have gotten are really well developed and none of them are shallow. And at some points in the game you get to make 3 parties and they are all battling at once. Its pretty sweet.

Royal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »

What content is unavailable on easy mode?
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2008, 10:07:59 AM »

I was kinda enjoying the game until today. The story and characters are fucking atrocious, but Iím enjoying the combat enough to soldier on.

But then my game glitched. Twice in fact. In the same area. First time it couldn't read a save point. A message came up saying it couldn't read the disk, and so I wasn't able to save my progress. Second time it didn't even load the town the save point was located in. I was walking through a sea of blue with everything but my character rendered invisible. After walking around for a bit, it came up with the same error.

I really don't want to do the same shit again.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2008, 01:11:21 PM »

I was kinda enjoying the game until today. The story and characters are fucking atrocious, but Iím enjoying the combat enough to soldier on.

But then my game glitched. Twice in fact. In the same area. First time it couldn't read a save point. A message came up saying it couldn't read the disk, and so I wasn't able to save my progress. Second time it didn't even load the town the save point was located in. I was walking through a sea of blue with everything but my character rendered invisible. After walking around for a bit, it came up with the same error.

Thats crazy, my game hasn't encountered any glitches yet. Also, I like the characters and story, althought I'm about to beat the game so your mind might change by then.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:16:18 PM by Blace » Logged

mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2008, 07:34:42 PM »

I finally got to start this up today. Not very far into it (Luce Plains, I believe) but I'm having fun. I agree that the voice-acting is pretty bad, though I like Aya's voice. The lip-syncing is way off, too.

I'm also digging the combat, no trouble there. 'Course it's still early on. 

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Royal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2008, 12:10:04 PM »

My opinion on this game - slight above average. Story is not very interesting for me - not much introducion and background in game. Characters looks generic. Dungeons are boring and repetitive. And RT combat is not my cup of tea. One of few thing I enjoy is lovely flute play, add there drums and it would be great :) And avoiding missiles is good idea too.

update: after 2nd boss game gets much better
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:21:09 PM by Royal » Logged
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2008, 09:43:11 PM »

much better?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: