Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:38:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Infinite Undiscovery
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: Infinite Undiscovery  (Read 28560 times)
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2008, 11:50:34 AM »

I was kinda enjoying the game until today. The story and characters are fucking atrocious, but Iím enjoying the combat enough to soldier on.

But then my game glitched. Twice in fact. In the same area. First time it couldn't read a save point. A message came up saying it couldn't read the disk, and so I wasn't able to save my progress. Second time it didn't even load the town the save point was located in. I was walking through a sea of blue with everything but my character rendered invisible. After walking around for a bit, it came up with the same error.

Thats crazy, my game hasn't encountered any glitches yet. Also, I like the characters and story, althought I'm about to beat the game so your mind might change by then.

I'm 12 hours in, no glitches here, either. Sucks for you,though. I wonder how many copies are like that? 

As for the story and such, a few of the characters ARE kinda blah, but I like most of 'em. I'm still gonna reserve final judgement til I've beaten it, but so far I think it's a very fun game with an interesting, but not great, story. 

It had the potential to be much better, but it's definitely not as bad as I've heard.

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2008, 07:49:58 PM »

I havenít had another glitch happen since those two times. Iím actually enjoying it quite a bit, even if itís pretty generic overall. Still not enjoying the story or characters at all, but the combat is fun, and the world is interesting enough to explore.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2008, 11:22:51 AM »

http://www.gamersplatform.com/2008/10/12/infinite-undiscovery-20-price-drop/

Price drop.

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2008, 12:49:49 PM »

Eh, I'd suggest waiting until it reaches the $20 mark.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: October 13, 2008, 02:44:50 PM »

That's what I'm waiting for. If it hits $20, then it'll be $15-18 used, which is probably what the game is actually worth.
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2008, 09:35:56 AM »

Wow, that's gotta be a record for an RPG to drop in price.  $20 price drop the month after it was released.  Wow.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2008, 10:35:41 AM »

I just beat the game. It wasn't the best RPG ever but I really enjoyed the second disc. I wish the game was more fleshed out, had better animations and voice acting, and that the character relationships were a bit more fleshed out.

But wow, the ending before the credits and all that kind of had me teary eyed I am not going to lie. I got pretty attached to the characters by the end. I am really sad that this game seemed a bit rushed out the door, it had a lot of potential to be very very good. I really believe that at it's core it was a good game.

Even though you get the typical Tri-Ace bullshit at the VERY VERY end of the story. You know what I'm talking about.

For $20 though this game is worth every penny.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2008, 10:44:44 AM »

I agree with you. I invested a good amount of time into the game, and enjoyed myself. Like you said, it wasn't one of the best we've seen in a while, but a fairly enjoyable RPG. Half the fun for me was level grinding my party, and the other half was enjoying the story for what it was worth. I've seen worse. And indeed, the ending was good.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2008, 11:05:09 AM »

I'm glad someone agrees with me, it's good to see other people enjoying this game. I don't think it gets enough credit. :D
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2008, 05:01:57 PM »

I'm liking it so far. Definitely a really good game. It's a little rough around the edges though. Probably would have been better if they had done a Japanese language track with subtitles if they weren't going to fix the lip synch issues though. I don't see why so many people gave it horrible reviews. Anyway I'm enjoying it. :)

Gunthera1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2009, 02:52:22 PM »

It seems to be uncool to say it, but I really like this game. I read reviews (on other sites) saying it was super short and simple but I am not seeing that at all. I love wandering around town connected with a party member to hear what other people have to say to them. The cooking/crafting is definitely fun and I like people able to make potions. The battle system is great.

I think those first few hours drew a lot of people away from the game. That pseudo stealth thing in the woods at the beginning was unnecessary but otherwise i really like the game. It is nice to see other people like it as well.

Plus, where else can you have a power bear be a party member or a mount in game?

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2009, 04:37:14 AM »

To those who have played the game, could you tell me where or when does this track play?
Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2009, 08:43:03 AM »

I read reviews (on other sites) saying it was super short and simple

People are syaing the game is too simple? From what I've read a big complaint was that it was too hard, and it's made harder by save points few and far between that make you replay an hour or more game sometimes if you are defeated. Honestly, that's exactly what put me off of playing the new Star Ocean too.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2009, 10:48:23 AM »

Nah, it's not that hard. It can be a bit difficult at the start and towards the end, but most battles were pretty easy. The save point complaint is perfectly valid though. There were some long fucking treks between save points.

The game has a habit about being vague about your next location too. That really irked me at a few points.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: