Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 04:57:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329221 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Top 5 RPGs everyone loves to hate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Top 5 RPGs everyone loves to hate  (Read 20267 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2008, 06:55:36 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
Who started this thread? I think I know more about what goes in it than you do.

Alright, I have to admit on rereading I took the FFIX statement the wrong way, but you having started it is exactly why I said the thread serves no purpose since it kinda seemed to dismiss every game listed or at least be too demanding since typically if something's hated people have a reason for it. As for the last sentence in the paragraph: seems kinda random to say that when I had nothing to do with what I or Prime Mover said, though a few obviously missed the point with their lists(or didn't care).

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
Really? Cuz I thought I'd said it was easier than the game with the last boss that's impossible without invincibility items and the one whose idea of an uber-boss is one that does 999999999999 damage.

Then you probably should've brought both of those up, and if the uber-boss is a side one and not a required fight then it shouldn't be held against the game (plus I'm pretty sure Yiazmat invalidates that point)! Hell, which one is it with the boss unbeatable without invincibility items? I'd assume V since VIII I kinda cheesed with junctioning but I don't think that was really necessary, and X's was the biggest joke ever, being that you couldn't even actually die against it. However, I haven't heard complaints about V having an overpowered final boss and anyway I'm sure it's doable without these invincibility items you bring up.

Oh, and to be nitpicky, you should've said fairer rather than easier since the latter kind of implies that being challenged is a bad thing.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2008, 01:22:42 PM »

I was talking about VIII, but V's last boss is a bit sadistic - well, more so than some FF games. But yeah, Eusis, everything you just said makes a lot more sense than what I was going on about. That was just in reaction to Prime Mover saying IX shouldn't be in this thread, though I can sort of see where he was coming from with that.
Validus
Banninated

Validuss
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2008, 03:40:57 PM »

I LOVED baten Kaitos!!!!!!!!!!!

but its probably becuz i had played origins first and learned to love the characters then i got to see the conclusion on Baten: Eternal Wings

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: