Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 10:33:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337939 Posts in 13835 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  After playing FF Tactics PSP, i absolutly hate Chocbos
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: After playing FF Tactics PSP, i absolutly hate Chocbos  (Read 3904 times)
faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 04, 2008, 11:51:55 AM »

ok the Chocobos are annoying in this game, thier attack consumes lot of HP, they keep healing themself whenevr they are low on HP and they also heal themself beside other monsters/enemies and heal them too, AGRH they are annoynig and heat to grind just because of them.

and if that wasn't enough, there are Purple Chcobos and red ones, they are way too annoying than the normal Yellow since they actually fly and have a mgical attack which keeps killing my mages in on hit.

and yeah, i think am the only one here who is a cry baby, but otherwise an awsome game.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »

Toss a mediator in your party and just keep stealing them :P

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
Toss a mediator in your party and just keep stealing them :P
well thats another thing, they just keep comming into my armies even though i don't freaking want them, lats 5 hours i played the game,I had   6 Chocobos. what the hell do i want them for.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 02:51:16 PM »

TO DESTROY!

Seriously, full group of Chocobos = pwn.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 07:09:22 PM »

ermm... although I do agreed that chocobos are annoying, the dragons in the game are much more harder and annoying to beat... specially that six dragons random battle

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 07:42:24 PM »

and it's "black chocobo," not "purple chocobo" (despite the obvious purple shading).

You just need to find good ways to exploit the game mechanics. If you know your stuff, FF Tactics is absurdly easy. :)

Ramza

faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 01:53:17 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
and it's "black chocobo," not "purple chocobo" (despite the obvious purple shading).

You just need to find good ways to exploit the game mechanics. If you know your stuff, FF Tactics is absurdly easy. :)

Ramza
yeah they are called ballack Chocobos but they look like purple to me so am calling them that.

but how is the game so easy, the enemies also level up as you level up, there are no easiness in that.

and did you called FF Tactics easy? you must be one of those guys who beat F-Zero GX on Hard O_o
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 02:10:57 AM »

I've never played any F-Zero games.

And yes, FF Tactics is easy. If you're smart, there are all sorts of auto-win scenarios you can put together. Example:

1) make a Calculator (now called Arithmetician or something...), max out all his abilities.

2) get that piece of gear that absorbs holy damage. Put it on as many party members as you can.

3) Holy on the entire field. A lot.

4) Profit.

Other easy exploits:

-- the Orator brave/faith trick. For every four brave/faith that you increase or decrease *temporarily* in battle with speech skills, one of those points changes PERMANENTLY. This can be used in a number of ways. For example, low faith = less magic damage taken. Make a non-mage character and take his faith to 3 and his brave to 97.

-- the Squire's speed+ skill is invaluable. Just use that over and over at the beginning of the battle and LET THE ENEMY COME TO YOU. By the time they get there, you'll be taking two turns for every one of their turns. It's ridiculous.

I haven't played the game in ages. These are just some of the common tricks that I remember and have talked about in passing with my older brother (who is obsessed with the game).

All in all, if you take the time (2 to 3 hours of level-grinding per chapter, more for Job Points than the EXP), you simply cannot fail.

Ramza

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 02:14:30 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
- the Squire's speed+ skill is invaluable. Just use that over and over at the beginning of the battle and LET THE ENEMY COME TO YOU. By the time they get there, you'll be taking two turns for every one of their turns. It's ridiculous.

This is pretty much what I did through the entire game. Ramza was hardly ever touched.

[/url]
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 02:32:46 AM »

Yeah, you need to brush up on your tactics if you're having a hard time with chocobos.

faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 12:40:50 PM »

ok some of the randum battles are hard especially the red Chocobos who can actually hit you from distance, anyone knows how to deal with them.

and how can you actually make a thief job more useful? they are kind of weak and are with low defence.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »

i remember a map in FFT ps1 where red chocobos kept nuking me with choco meteor and that shit hurt.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 01:00:54 PM »

Chocobos are great to have on your team, they are pretty strong, really fast and can move really damn far.  I never use them though because of one major annoyance, and probably the reason you have so many chocobos, they lay eggs...ALOT. So the reason you probably have so many is because you have one in your party(probably Boco)  What you have to do if you want to keep him is just keep checking regularly and chucking out the eggs...or you can do what I did and give the guy the boot.  I got screwed over by chocobo's twice trying to recruit a character.

Oh and to just say what everyone else has said, they are probably one of the easiest monsters to fight, they are more annoying than hard.
faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 01:12:16 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
i remember a map in FFT ps1 where red chocobos kept nuking me with choco meteor and that shit hurt.
exactly, and they just kepp themself at distance.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »

Quote from: "faridmon"
and did you called FF Tactics easy? you must be one of those guys who beat F-Zero GX on Hard O_o

My younger brother is one of those guys. He swears to high heaven that the game is easy once you learn how to kill the other racers.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: