Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:41:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330171 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  After playing FF Tactics PSP, i absolutly hate Chocbos
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: After playing FF Tactics PSP, i absolutly hate Chocbos  (Read 3824 times)
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 09:35:22 PM »

Quote from: "Ramza"

2) get that piece of gear that absorbs holy damage. Put it on as many party members as you can.

Ramza

You mean Excalibur?  That piece of gear...sheesh.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 11:54:14 PM »

May I recommend getting yourself one (or both) of these:

1. An archer with a longbow. Good damage and speedy, and usually can keep out of range of a red chocobo provided you keep the high ground.

2. A dragoon. Jump is your friend.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 10:45:06 AM »

Make Ramza a Monk, he rocks as a monk. Then everything should fall into place.

terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 11:54:40 AM »

this is still no where near the game FFTA was for me, im struggling to keep interested. it was too hard when i was just chuigging through without any strategy guide or advice from other players. then i heard about the black mage/arithmaticks multi-holy-flare-etc. and now its too easy. meh

i cant wait for FFTA-2 that game is gunna kick a**
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 12:01:23 PM »

Quote from: "terrencelee"
this is still no where near the game FFTA was for me, im struggling to keep interested. it was too hard when i was just chuigging through without any strategy guide or advice from other players. then i heard about the black mage/arithmaticks multi-holy-flare-etc. and now its too easy. meh

i cant wait for FFTA-2 that game is gunna kick a**

As much as I loved FFTA (believe me, I LOVED that game) the original FFT is better in almost every way.

terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »

i cant stand all the "thou's" and "for sooth-s" maybe i'm just splitting hairs, but i just dont really like the story.  the graphics are pretty muddy too. i remember thinking that when i played it on the original ps1.  i decided to retry the game when they released it to psp since by that point ffta and disgaea had gotten me into tactics games.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 12:20:10 PM »

i cant stand all the "thou's" and "for sooth-s" maybe i'm just splitting hairs, but i just dont really like the story.  the graphics are pretty muddy too. i remember thinking that when i played it on the original ps1.  i decided to retry the game when they released it to psp since by that point ffta and disgaea had gotten me into tactics games.

FFT has quite possibly the best story I have ever experienced in a JRPG. The new translation did wonders for that game.

terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 12:41:10 PM »

maybe i just dont get it. so far the only thing i get is a bunch of people killing each other.

*types "FFT story explained" in the google bar*

on the upside it made me appreciate FF12 more
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 08:37:34 PM »

i cant stand all the "thou's" and "for sooth-s" maybe i'm just splitting hairs, but i just dont really like the story.

I'm with you on this one. The Middle English (or whatever it's supposed to be) is pretty hokey. Especially since the characters are exceptionally eloquent when they are engage is hand-to-hand combat or about ready to keel over dead. Also, the plot doesn't fire me up. There are moments of intensity and suspense that I really get into (the part where you go to rescue the princess from the execution and are set up comes to mind) but as a whole, the plot (as in, the sequence of events that make up the story), I could take or leave.
terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 08:54:17 PM »

i couldnt find an online story explanation anywhere... LAME

back to the original post. the chocobos are annoying. early on they were a real pain, now i just bust em in half with holy or something comparable :D
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 04:46:48 AM »

The story is subtle. You can't take it at face value, which is the only possible way it could be boring.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: